Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haunted House Thread!!

Skinz4Life12

Went to two haunts over the weekend.

Terror After Dark at Dulles Town center

This one sucked. Hard. Between all three haunts they had set up, there were maybe 5 or 6 actors. It was long stretches of nothingness punctuated with mostly lame scare attempts. A few decent props, but that was it.

When you locate your haunt in a lighted shopping mall parking lot, you need to make up for that with a good production. Unfortunately, they didn't, so it was a complete bust. Thank god we had 50% off coupons, but even at that price it was a rip off. There was hardly anybody there and it's no surprise why.

Shocktober at Paxton Manor, Leesburg

Complete opposite of the last haunt, and probably the best haunt I've been to in Virginia. I really hope these guys do lots of business this year, they deserve it.

The manor is the main draw, and there are also two side attractions. Lots of actors, tons of fantastic props, great effects, original scares, and probably the best part was that it is located in an actual old mansion. You go up and down stairs, ride an elevator, and walk through one scary scene after another. Simply top-notch.

The side attractions were a walk through the musty old cellar, (which would have been creepy even with no scares or props), and a funhouse-themed haunt complete with evil clowns and some really great and original scenes. I don't want to give anything away, but one room gave me flashbacks of playing at Chuck-E-Cheese as a kid, but in a scary way. These two "extras" are probably as good as most of the "big" haunts we've been to.

Sly and any other haunt nerds like me, you gotta check this one out. I highly recommend it.

Sly and any other haunt nerds like me, you gotta check this one out. I highly recommend it.

Sweet, thanks for the haunt reviews. I'd love to check out Paxton Manor at some point.

After working at Wicked Woods on Friday and Saturday (to really big crowds by the way, which is an awesome sign), our group went to Halloween Haunt at Kings Dominion. I hadn't been in 4 years, so it was nice to see the changes. Corn Stalkers and The Doll House had some great scenes/scares. The actors are always the weakest part because they need so many... and also they rely heavily on cheap masks that don't fit half the time (time to invest in some silicone ones, KD!). Still, not a bad deal for the Sunday price of $30.

I'm working at Haunted Hollow and Devil's Den this weekend... then heading to DarkWood Manor for 2 nights (which had a break-in over the weekend, but luckily nothing was stolen).

The only other haunt I'll be able to visit as a customer is Netherworld in Atlanta the first weekend in November. If you love haunts, go to this one! It's amazing and worth the trip.

Sweet, thanks for the haunt reviews. I'd love to check out Paxton Manor at some point.

After working at Wicked Woods on Friday and Saturday (to really big crowds by the way, which is an awesome sign), our group went to Halloween Haunt at Kings Dominion. I hadn't been in 4 years, so it was nice to see the changes. Corn Stalkers and The Doll House had some great scenes/scares. The actors are always the weakest part because they need so many... and also they rely heavily on cheap masks that don't fit half the time (time to invest in some silicone ones, KD!). Still, not a bad deal for the Sunday price of $30.

I'm working at Haunted Hollow and Devil's Den this weekend... then heading to DarkWood Manor for 2 nights (which had a break-in over the weekend, but luckily nothing was stolen).

The only other haunt I'll be able to visit as a customer is Netherworld in Atlanta the first weekend in November. If you love haunts, go to this one! It's amazing and worth the trip.

I'm glad WW had crowds. The two that we went to on Friday were basically empty. I hate seeing that, especially at a haunt as good as Paxton.

I can't wait to get to Darkwood, I look forward to that every year. Haunted Hollow was really good last year. I'm sure we'll be going there soon.

What kind of person breaks into a haunt? :rolleyes:

has anyone done this Kings Dominion spook fest?

i am interested in how scary it is....? and whether the whole park is scarified? (or whether they have just set up some extra haunted houses?)

i am considering bring my 6, 8 and 10 year old daughters there... but I KNOW that 6 and 8 "dont want no scary crap" and would only enjoy it if there is also some non-scary stuff to keep them happy as well...

i'm considering going to the paxton manor haunt in leesburg. i was choosing between paxton manor and markoffs haunted forest last year and went to the haunted forest so maybe i'll go to the manor this year.

if somone who has been to both could let me know which one is better that would be great. The Haunted Forest was awesome last year.

oh yea, apparently the manor in leesburg is actually haunted to that adds to the creep factor

i'm considering going to the paxton manor haunt in leesburg. i was choosing between paxton manor and markoffs haunted forest last year and went to the haunted forest so maybe i'll go to the manor this year.

if somone who has been to both could let me know which one is better that would be great. The Haunted Forest was awesome last year.

oh yea, apparently the manor in leesburg is actually haunted to that adds to the creep factor

They're both awesome.

Markoff's has more to do as far as games/concessions,etc, but Paxton Manor will probably be a shorter wait. It was basically empty when I went there last weekend. Both of them have top-notch haunts though, so you can't lose.

I was supposed to go to Markoff's this weekend but that fell through. May just go to Darkwood or Haunted Hollow instead.

They're both awesome.

Markoff's has more to do as far as games/concessions,etc, but Paxton Manor will probably be a shorter wait. It was basically empty when I went there last weekend. Both of them have top-notch haunts though, so you can't lose.

I was supposed to go to Markoff's this weekend but that fell through. May just go to Darkwood or Haunted Hollow instead.

damn, i was hoping you would hit markoffs and let me know if its as good as last years.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Haunted Forest last night (in the rain and everything) and it was awesome! We did both trails, but we did trail 2 first and it was hands down the better trail. The first trail had an awesome fog and cemetery prop set up though. The chainsaw guys did an awesome job, especially at the end. If you live close, go check it out tonight or tomorrow!

Eastern...State...Penitentiary...

scared me ****less last night

Where is this located?
Thanks. I googled it and saw this place before on a tv show. It seems pretty spooky lol.

It was on Ghosthunters. They investigated it and found alot of evidence of paranormal activity. I think alot of other "Ghosthunter" wannabe shows have been there since then.

We have "Scarowinds" (Carowinds) here in the Charlotte area. I don't get into that kind of stuff, but I-77 has been backed up every weekend towards their exit.

• 11 months later...

Kicked off the season this weekend.

New warehouse haunt in Bethesda...can't remember what it was called. Basically it was $30 for a sort of mediocre experience. Lots of growling zombies walking around, and not enough props, and the scares were a little too predictable. We were underwhelmed. I feel like this one will get better in the coming years, but right now if you're a snob like me, it's not worth the cost of admission.

Crumland farms in Frederick county: Pretty cool haunt split into 3 parts. There was a corn maze, a barn, and a hayride. Good costumes, good actors, nice props. Probably my biggest gripe with this one was that it was a little disorganized. We walked around for like 15 minutes before we found the corn maze. The concessions smelled good.

Nightmare Screamplex in Boyds, MD: It's kinda like a mini Markoff's. Like the last one, it was a little disorganized and there wasn't enough signage leading to the haunt, or enough signs telling you where to go once you were there. There was a trail, a corn field, and an indoor segment at the end. The trail was very dimly lit (a good thing in my book) and there were some genuine scares. Unfortunately the people in front of us were a little too scared, they they just stood there and waited for my group to catch up...can't stand that. The actors were very good, and the props were better than I was expecting. Probably took a good 40 minutes to get through all 3 haunts, which are lined up in succession. Not the best haunt I've been to, but still a really good time.

Archived