Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haunted House Thread!!

Skinz4Life12

Anyone know of any good haunted houses or trails around the Woodbridge/Stafford area? Also, a little OT, but any of the hay rides/mazes for kids too? My wife and I want to go to a really good haunted house or trail at night, and want to take our daughter to one of the pumpkin patches/hay rides/mazes during the day, but I don't know of any in our area.

I haven't been to any in that immediate area, but there's a trail in Spotsylvania county called the Wicked Woods. It's pretty good, although short. Last time I went they didn't have any games or snacks or anything, it was pretty much just the trail.

Fields of Fear at Cox's farm in Centreville has a haunted cornmaze and hayride, along with food and Halloween-related games. That would be a good place to bring kids.

Markoff's Haunted Harbor at National Harbor would be an ok choice. The trail isn't that great, but there are some fun activities for kids, and plenty of other stuff around the harbor.

I know none of those are real close, but they're the best I can think of.

It's ok, there isn't much around where we are for really anything, unless you like to go hunting or go to the shooting range, lol. I just figured it would be worth it to check with more experienced people and see if they knew of any. I do appreciate the help though.

The only one I've really been to is "Field of Screams" in Olney. I can't really judge it against others...
How did you like it?

You know, it wasn't bad at all. They have a large staging area with bonfires and a snack bar, then you're led to woods with a lighted path where you come across different scenarios. Some are pretty elaborate, with structures you go into.

The best part is that the proceeds go to the Olney Youth Club. It's their major fundraiser.

http://screams.org/index.htm

Paxton Manor is one of the best haunted houses I have ever been in. It caters to all sorts of phobias and best of all, it is actually haunted. The animatronics and costuming are phenomenal. It's been on channel 5 news twice since last week, on Holly Morris live a week ago Wednesday and last night with a paranormal group, NovaSPIS. The actors have encounters nightly with one young lady refusing to work in the house! The only drawbacks are that they stop selling tickets around 10pm or shortly after as there is a Leesburg ordinance regarding sound that is strictly enforced.... They have actors in the parking lot and on the hayride to the house. Look for the 12 ft tall swamp hag with the glowing green eyes and hands the size of a huge frying pan. Afraid of clowns, or spiders or gore or are you claustrophobic? You will love Paxton Manor. All proceeds go to a good cause, the Paxton Chapter of the LARC. They have a school for Autistic and Down's Syndrome children on the campus as well as other aids for those with mental disabilities.

If you want to hear a man with a very funny voice that sounds like 80s punk singers talking about haunted houses, among other things, with accompanying music, click here (it will also include things like calling Big Ben the "Big Bang Clock" and also him referring to Buckingham Palace in his funny voice - I wish I was making this up):

http://cbswbz.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/big-bang-clock-r.mp3

well thats one positive review for paxton manor. i wanted to go there but a couple of people that i know went there and didn't give it a good review so i think i am gonna go back to markoffs haunted forest tonight instead. it's 10 dollars more (25 per person) but i know that its gonna be a quality product.

i will write a review on it later

• 11 months later...

Hello Extremeskins Haunted Attraction Enthusiasts... prepare for something very exciting and brand new this October in the great Commonwealth. I'm pretty big into haunts and have worked with many of the attraction owners in Virginia. Last year myself and the owners of DarkWood Manor in Luray created a website called ScreamFreak.com. It's a promotional website for haunted attractions in Virginia. This year I've decided take some of the best haunt actors in Richmond and create the first EVER Haunted Attraction Traveling Tour Troupe in the region. All October the team will be traveling around to haunted attractions throughout Virginia and act as their queue line entertainment. Along the way we'll be sharing stories on all the great local haunts and attempting to grow haunting in this region.

It's time to put Virginia haunts on the map, so come meet Mr. Scream Freak and his minions!

ScreamFreak.com 2011 Premier Haunted Attraction Tour

Wicked Woods Haunted Forest, Spotsylvania, VA - Friday, October 7th & Saturday, October 8th

Haunted Hollow, Warrenton, VA - Friday, October 14th

The Devil's Den, Winchester, VA - Saturday, October 15th

Darkwood Manor Haunted House, Luray, VA - Friday, October 21st & Saturday, October 22nd

Pleasant Grove Terror, Disputanta, VA - Friday, October 28th

http://ScreamFreak.com

nice bump. i love this time of year and remember creating this thread last year.

you guys need to visit markoffs haunted forest

I might go there this year. I plan on going somewhere with a group of about 5-6 people htis year. I'm trying to go somewhere where you damn near have to sign a release form before entering. I'm talking about serious ****. I also plan on visiting actual haunted sites that are safe(as in accessible), and aren't state protected.

I've always had a serious (and at times, unhealthy) fascination with the paranormal, so I love this time of year also.

I might go there this year. I plan on going somewhere with a group of about 5-6 people htis year. I'm trying to go somewhere where you damn near have to sign a release form before entering. I'm talking about serious ****. I also plan on visiting actual haunted sites that are safe(as in accessible), and aren't state protected.

I've always had a serious (and at times, unhealthy) fascination with the paranormal, so I love this time of year also.

Eastern State Penitentiary makes you sign a release before entering.

^ Awesome. I love Darkwood Manor, it's one of my favorite haunts ever.

I've been to all of the haunts on that list except for Pleasant Grove.

DarkWood will be even better this year! Truly a must-see. Pleasant Grove is a new trail... located about 45 minutes south of Richmond. The owner is a home haunter that's decided to try his hand at a professional attraction. He's worked very hard for months to get it ready. They're only opened the last weekend in October, but if you're in the area definitely check it out.

Maryland and PA have some really good ones too.

Yea, some of the best in the country. I'm trying to help Virginia get to that level of haunt enthusiasm to support larger attractions. We need everyone in the state to visit a local haunted house this year!

Going to Bennett's Curse on Friday. Haven't been there before. Any good?

I went there once, I think it was 3 years ago. The lines took forever. There were two different haunts there, one of them was pretty cool, the other was awful. It's probably a totally different setup this year though.

Archived