Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Banks VS Hester. This will be good. Who will come out on top?

rumplestilskin

This will be an important matchup in this weeks game. I give us the upperhand because of our superior downfield coverage on teams. Gano and Hunter have been placing the ball where it needs to be. Do we kick to Devin because we feel he have our own guy like him to counteract any damage he can do or do we avoid him like the plague? Who will have the better day?

i'm gonna go draw on this one.

our tackling and coverage on special teams has been excellent. but if anyone can crack a good special teams, it's Hester.

it wouldn't suprise me to see either one of these guys, Hester or Banks, break one off this week.

I can't believe this is even a question. Hester is one on the most dominate return men to walk this earth and banks is a 150 pound rookie who's best return was what 50-60 yards. Hester doesn't give good field position he scores. This board get whackier by the day.

I can't believe this is even a question. Hester is one on the most dominate return men to walk this earth and banks is a 150 pound rookie who's best return was what 50-60 yards. Hester doesn't give good field position he scores. This board get whackier by the day.

I guess the answer would be NO then. Keep in mind Hester slumped the past two years. He returned a few this year but I think banks is capable of return TDs. Furthermore I think he will have a better day in terms return average.

I don't know who will come out on top, but I do know that Brandon Banks has managed to turn this teams return unit in to one to game plan for each week. The Redskins already have 4 more punt return yards than they had all of last season!!!

That is just an astounding statistic. And it's true.

All of 2009 = 152 yards on 32 returns, a 4.8 yard average

So far in 2010 = 156 yards on 10 returns, a 15.6 yard average

Hey folks, I'm a DC based Bears fan here just popping in to wish you luck this week.

Hope it's a good one.

Oh and please give the edge to Hester here, it's about the only thing we have going for us anymore, and great to see him back to form scaring people.

And I agree you need to take one to the house, can't just talk about potential to do it. Tommie Harris has the potential for 4 sacks a game, but he's puke on cleats.

I guess the answer would be NO then. Keep in mind Hester slumped the past two years. He returned a few this year but I think banks is capable of return TDs. Furthermore I think he will have a better day in terms return average.

He didn't slump, the morons didn't have him returning becuase he was their number 1 recevier. Hester would have obliterated all the return records if his own coaches didn't hold him back.

I'd say we shouldn't even kick to Hester... though we did shut him down a couple years ago.

Either way, Hester > Banks. No knock on Banks, but Hester is on another planet when it comes to returning. But hopefully this can be Banks's coming out game and he can rip one for a touchdown.

This thread gave me a good laugh.

Hester is perhaps the best return man of all time. If Chicago hadn't wasted the past few seasons trying to make him a WR and just kept him as a full time return guy he would have already shattered Mitch's TD record.

If we kick to Hester he wins this battle. Solution is don't kick to him.

This thread gave me a good laugh.

Hester is perhaps the best return man of all time. If Chicago hadn't wasted the past few seasons trying to make him a WR and just kept him as a full time return guy he would have already shattered Mitch's TD record.

If we kick to Hester he wins this battle. Solution is don't kick to him.

Exactly. Yeah, its nice to have a real threat back there with Banks, but seriously people. Hester is quite literally Jordan when it comes to this kind of thing. Banks at this point and almost certainly at ANY point will simple want to be like Devin. But he's never going to be him. There is Devin Hester and then there is everyone else. Banks falls in the latter catagory.

He didn't slump, the morons didn't have him returning becuase he was their number 1 recevier. Hester would have obliterated all the return records if his own coaches didn't hold him back.

They took away his kick returns but left him returning punts.

I think we really went down when we lost Ayanbadejo to Baltimore via free agency. Hester did not have a return after he left until this season and he was a beast on ST. Think they finally found the right group out there to lead his blocks.

Had to work with him as WR as he wanted WR type money and can't justify that on just a return guy. Lot of money for 6-10 plays.

Archived