Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram: Some Cowboys Players Tired Of Romo "Getting A Free Pass"

And as the finger pointing gets worse it just wont be limited to the players. Jason Garrett and Bums son are gonna start getting it too and be very close to becoming lame duck coaches prolly by midseason then its really get bad..... look at the 2009 redskins and Zorn. Hopefully they can get a little taste of what we had to endure last year. :)

Is it wrong of me to want Wade and Garret to just barely do well enough to save their jobs?

What can I say, I happen to like how things are in Dallas at the moment! There is no need for change. None at all.;)

What I wonder is why has it taken this long, I mean look at all the botched plays at the end of important games? Most teams would have imploded long since. Does anyone think the O line let a few of those guys thru to sack Tony just for because they are finally pissed? Football fragging? :)

In Romo sits to pee's defense of his 5 ints this year, 4 came off balls tipped by his own players.

Dallas has had just about everything not bounce their way, but more than anything they're sloppy and play stupid. Their problem starts with coaching and won't end until Wade and Garrett are gone.

What I wonder is why has it taken this long, I mean look at all the botched plays at the end of important games? Most teams would have imploded long since. Does anyone think the O line let a few of those guys thru to sack Tony just for because they are finally pissed? Football fragging? :)

It's the media's fault their heads are so swollen. They constantly pimp the Cowboys even when they suck. THEY annointed Tony Romo sits to pee the second coming of Joe Montana but us football folks have always pointed out the holes in his game, the holes in the entire teams game.

some good comments on this article from cowboys fans :ols:

Advise Tony Romo sits to pee that if he continues to wear that little Caddy cap...he'll be a Caddy...soon. Also, let Tony know that if he wants to be a little kid and turn his cap around backwards...he can go play in another sandbox. If he wants to be a leader of men he must act and look like a man!

Jerry WILL NOT change ANYTHING until he starts to lose what means most to him - M.O.N.E.Y. I've been a Cowboys since 1960 and I will NOT buy a SINGLE Cowboys item until JJ decides to fire himself as GM, hire a REAL football person, and get back to the Owner's Box where he belongs. Just because he bought the team does NOT give him the right to play with this team like a TOY!

You know what the worst of it is? My friends that are other NFC East team fans DO NOT WANT Jerry to fire Wade. They want Dallas to win JUST ENOUGH to keep Wade, but lose in the playoffs of course (that's a given). Anytime your opponents want you to keep your coach, there's something wrong here.

I was gonna get the NFL Sunday Ticket until I saw that debacle in Washington on opening day. Then I was actaully considering flying myself and my daughter to texas for a home game, until I saw that embarrassing display against the Titans. That's one less sale for DirecTV, the airlines, and a texas hotel. Jerry......yer killing the economy!

There was one TV shot yesterday that to me really showed Wade for a complete doofus. Dez had twisted his ankle and was limping off the field, Wade decides that was a good time to try and high-five Dez. Dez just keeps hobbling past Wade and goes to the trainer. A real coach when seeing an injured player, would not be trying to high-five the guy.

What reason does Romo sits to pee have for playing better? no young quarterback is pressuring him for his job, Wade covers for all of his mistakes and Jerry doesn't have a clue.

Wade + GM Jerry + Romo sits to pee = another waste of a season

There are three possible solutions to this mess:

Cower

Capers

Coughlin

(followed by:)

cower-- never

capers--never

coughlin--never

coach with any test-i-cles-- never

:ols: :ols:

this one might be my favorite though. God bless him

Are you trying to stir things up in the locker Jennifer? This team is full of great players and when they do get this train back on the tracks you can tell us you are sorry for trying to bring them down!!!!

Jerry WILL NOT change ANYTHING until he starts to lose what means most to him - M.O.N.E.Y. I've been a Cowboys since 1960 and I will NOT buy a SINGLE Cowboys item until JJ decides to fire himself as GM, hire a REAL football person, and get back to the Owner's Box where he belongs. Just because he bought the team does NOT give him the right to play with this team like a TOY!

LOL, if this doesn't sound like us last year with the" Fire Vinny, Hire a Real GM" motto. Last year was so painful and I wont mind a bit if Dallass has to go through that this year.

out of curiosity... does the name "pizza party wade" have any story behind it? If so, I missed it. Could someone recap?

I cracked up laughing when I read that :ols:I have theory on where it came from:

In school, everyone knows about the "cool teacher". Everyone loves the "cool teacher because he or she is ,well, cool. They'll bring in movies on Fridays, let the kids play cards or board games and at least once during the year, have a pizza party for their class. That's a staple in the "cool teacher" arsenal. When I was growing up through eighth grade, having a pizza party in school was a huge deal. You could brag to your friends in other classes about how awesome your teacher was and they would envy you. Everyone wanted to be in the "cool teacher" class, because he or she didn't press the class out over the things other teachers did. The "cool teacher" had bad kids in the class as well, but when it came to reward the kids, the bad kids enjoyed as well.

If Parcells was the 'mean 5th grade math hag', then Wade is the "cool teacher". He has pizza parties for his kids, even for the screw-ups or when his class doesn't deserve pizza. So they'll never learn from their mistakes, but keep getting passes from the "Mr. Cool"

Just my theory, but it fits :ols:

In Romo sits to pee's defense of his 5 ints this year, 4 came off balls tipped by his own players.

Dallas has had just about everything not bounce their way, but more than anything they're sloppy and play stupid. Their problem starts with coaching and won't end until Wade and Garrett are gone.

I agree completely with this. In each game it's mainly just the turnovers that stop us dead from winning. In our last game, 3 interceptions means 3 TD's/FG's that would've made all the difference.

Against the Redskins, if idiot Jason Garrett calls a kneel with a few seconds left before halftime then Hall never returns that fumble for a TD. We score a TD and win the game. Idiot coaching staff.

Chicago? Tipped balls = interceptions. We had 2 of those and we only lost by a touchdown. Again, poor passing and poor catching cost us. Same deal with Tennessee.

Congrats, Redskin fans. You get see the downfall of Dallas this season while the Giants will probably reign as NFC East champs and Washington will miss the playoffs again. But since the Cowboys are sucking big time, whatever else happens is alright. Dallas losing > Washington winning. Maybe that's just tr1's point of view, but whatever.

Of course, there is a downside to this. We won't get that cherished Xmas present of some spectacular crash-n-burn finale to their season after months of chest-thumping from the bandwagoneers, and tr1 isn't going to get to rag the livin' **** outta the few that hang here with his prescient "I toldya"s from September and October.

Of course, there is a downside to this. We won't get that cherished Xmas present of some spectacular crash-n-burn finale to their season after months of chest-thumping from the bandwagoneers, and tr1 isn't going to get to rag the livin' **** outta the few that hang here with his prescient "I toldya"s from September and October.

Saying that the Cowboys are going to fail year after year doesn't count as a prediction.

I agree completely with this. In each game it's mainly just the turnovers that stop us dead from winning. In our last game, 3 interceptions means 3 TD's/FG's that would've made all the difference.

Against the Redskins, if idiot Jason Garrett calls a kneel with a few seconds left before halftime then Hall never returns that fumble for a TD. We score a TD and win the game. Idiot coaching staff.

Chicago? Tipped balls = interceptions. We had 2 of those and we only lost by a touchdown. Again, poor passing and poor catching cost us. Same deal with Tennessee.

Congrats, Redskin fans. You get see the downfall of Dallas this season while the Giants will probably reign as NFC East champs and Washington will miss the playoffs again. But since the Cowboys are sucking big time, whatever else happens is alright. Dallas losing > Washington winning. Maybe that's just tr1's point of view, but whatever.

Come on brother, every game on any given Sunday there's always a bunch of "woulda, coulda, shoulda". Good things happen to good teams and bad things happen to bad teams. Trust me, the Skins fans have lived that twisted circle for 18 years! Don't rationalize the short comings of your team by trying to blame it bad luck, that's what we "Redskin" fans have been doing for years. Its so much easier when you just say "Hey, we suck"!

But alas, we don't suck as much as usual, but only because our guys believe in the guy coaching them. When you have people who believe they're better, they play better. HTTR

out of curiosity... does the name "pizza party wade" have any story behind it? If so, I missed it. Could someone recap?

I don't think there's a story behind it, but I could be wrong.

I took it as a dig at Phillips' level of coaching ability...meaning, he's like a little league coach at best, treating all the kids to a pizza party after the game, win or lose lol :ols:..."Hey, you kids really tried hard, and that's all we can ask. Now, who wants pizza?!"

Archived