Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram: Some Cowboys Players Tired Of Romo "Getting A Free Pass"

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/10/2536221/this-disaster-is-what-wade-ball.html

(Phillips') teams win a decent amount of games, and usually come through with a couple of big exciting W's. But with shocking frequency, they become complacent and bumble and stumble in winnable games and beat themselves.

Sunday was so typically Wade, and so classically Wade-ball.

They lost the turnover battle 3-0, including three second-half interceptions by QB Tony Romo sits to pee, one of which basically handed Tennessee a touchdown. And I probably need to mention that I had two Cowboys players tell me Sunday that they were sick of a certain QB getting a free pass "from coaches and from you frauds in the media."

Romo sits to pee, undoubtedly, had a horrific game and, maybe, he has escaped a proper amount of heat for this 1-3 start to this season, but listening to both players, in my mind, speaks more to the problem of the selective accountability, when there is any at all, that is another hallmark of a Wade-coached team.

Nobody gets called out except in the rarest of circumstances, and it leaves the whole team susceptible to "Why am I getting benched/chewed out/ripped when (fill in blank) is allowed to go untouched?"

...look for Mike Jenkins to be torched for his bad game, while Marc Colombo goes unscathed. And his stupid celebration penalty probably cost Dallas this game.

Go ahead, hate the NFL's arcane celebration rule. I do. But then ask yourself why Colombo was celebrating at all. Nobody on the Cows' O-line should have been celebrating anything on this day. They were across the board mediocre to bad. Their team had just tied the score in spite of them.

Go to the bench.

Get ready to win the game.

Not on this team. Excessive celebration is what happens when Pizza Party Wade coaches your team. Just look at Marion Barber throw down a party for a 2-yard gain without consequence. And that just adds to the penalty pile that usually accompanies Wade-ball.

Heh :D...

BTW, the finger pointing will only get worse. This is not a 'team'...it's a collection of individuals who each thinks that he can do no wrong.

This is going to be a terrific season!

:rotflmao:

And as the finger pointing gets worse it just wont be limited to the players. Jason Garrett and Bums son are gonna start getting it too and be very close to becoming lame duck coaches prolly by midseason then its really get bad..... look at the 2009 redskins and Zorn. Hopefully they can get a little taste of what we had to endure last year. :)

And as the finger pointing gets worse it just wont be limited to the players. Jason Garrett and Bums son are gonna start getting it to and be very close to becoming lame duck coaches prolly by midseason then its really get bad..... look at the 2009 redskins and Zorn. Hopefully they can get a little taste of what we had to endure last year. :)

I was actually reading that and thinking to myself, "maybe Dan Snyder could give his buddy Jerry a call, and recommend a certain Bingo caller to take over their offensive play-calling duties."

And Wade's interview yesterday that they showed on Sportscenter this morning defines the problem. "We're so close." "It's just little things." "We just need to play a little better." Any decent coach would stand up there and say we suck. Too many penalties, no protection, too many turnovers. We're playing like **** right now and we need to prepare better or heads are gonna roll.

But not Wade. They're just small problems and they are going to magically go away.

Good luck with that Wade. I hope you keep your job for the next 10 years!! HTTR!!!

Dallas has had some of the strangest Head Coach choices I've ever seen, with the obvious exception of JJ :

Dave Campo

Chan Gailey

Barry Switzer (any coach would have won a SB with that roster)

Wade Phillips

Who in their right mind would have hired any of these guys ?

Pizza Party Wade -- I fricken love it!I loved his comments after the game about the excessive celebration penalty. He defended his players and said it wasn't excessive. Um, what? You have the dumbest, most undisciplined team in the league, and your response to a dumb penalty is to defend them?

Titanic...meet the 2010 Dallas Cowboys...you should a lot in common...

Dallas has had some of the strangest Head Coach choices I've ever seen, with the obvious exception of JJ :

Dave Campo

Chan Gailey

Barry Switzer (any coach would have won a SB with that roster)

Wade Phillips

Who in their right mind would have hired any of these guys ?

Well, the Bills for one, who hired two of these guys as their head coach. Not exactly a model for success.

And Campo came back even after getting fired as head coach. How many coaches do you see who once were head coaches come back to the same team as an assistant?

As for Romo sits to pee, he's on pace right now for his career high in interceptions.

I liked Austin when he first hit the scene because he was a realtive no name who was displaying elite skills and humble. Now everytime he catches a ball he jumps up like he just scored a hundred yard TD.

That's a Cowpoke for you. They think they do things others haven't done before and just because they have that star on their helmet, whatever they do is better than anyone else.

I love seeing them blame each other. It's awesome.

Archived