Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

My issue would be Larry bolting after 1 year. He likes to bounce around. The next coach who comes through needs to be the guy they plan on leading the team from rebuilding to fringe playoff team, someone who can grow with the team so they have some continuity.
Larry is no doubt a basketball nomad, but he usually sticks around to effect meaningful improvement.

His only 1 and done stint was the Knicks, who were a dumster fire w/ Isiah Thomas as GM.

I want Popovich's top assistant, Mike Budenholzer.
If he's anything like Pop that's the type of coaching philosophy I could get behind.

Having worked with Parker would only bode well for Wall, who imo shares a similar skillset / Tony.

---------- Post added January-8th-2012 at 06:48 PM ----------

As someone who was living in New York (and following the Knicks) during Brown's tenure, he's JUST as much at fault for implosion as the players. They couldn't get him out of there fast enough.
C'mon man.

I remember those Knicks teams and they were a mess.

They were a mess before Brown and they were a mess after Brown.

I mean Starbury is a crazy person.

Another thing, what makes you think that Blatche, of all people, is the type of player Brown would want to coach? I don't see it. He gets the most out of veteran players with GOOD work ethic and b-ball IQs. A Blatche/Brown pairing would be a disaster from the start.
Oh no, I agree Brown would kick Blatche's tail or kick him off the team.

I was trying to make a funny but I guess it got lost in translation.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I want NOTHING to do with Larry Brown. I think he's an awful fit for the team we currently have.
Hey bro we're all fans.

We're all entitled to our opinions, you can think Brown is a bad fit for this team and not make him out to be a bad coach.

BTW-

What type of coach would you like and why?

---------- Post added January-8th-2012 at 06:47 PM ----------

...why are we talking about larry Brown?
Just shooting the breeze about the Wizards.

Wall is looking more and more like a bust everyday

I'm not ready to say bust but he's an average player at best this season. He can't shoot and can't finish around the rim. He was outplayed by Ricky Rubio today. I've seen stars on bad teams and they don't look as bad as he does. He doesn't look like the best player on the wizards, McGee and Young both have looked better. Third best player on a winless team is bad.

Edited by Destino

Are you sure you mean Crawford? He's been consistently terrible all season. Street ballers have better shot selection than that kid.

Meant Young. Sorry was thinking inefficient guard play and Crawford's name started bouncing around in my head.

I'm not ready to say bust but he's an average player at best this season. He can't shoot and can't finish around the rim. He was outplayed by Ricky Rubio today. I've seen stars on bad teams and they don't look as bad as he does. He doesn't look like the best player on the wizards, McGee and Crawford both have looked better. Third best player on a winless team is bad.

Are you sure you mean Crawford? He's been consistently terrible all season. Street ballers have better shot selection than that kid.

I feel for Wall (as much as you can for an athlete who's still making a ton of loot). He has no surrounding cast and no coaching. I can't imagine what goes on in practice because its not basketball.

Will they get to 0-10?

If they don't beat Toronto in the next game, it becomes very hard to see a victory in the forseeable future.

I'm telling you, 8 wins max for this team. Shoot, I'm thinking more like 5 wins. It's almost comical how bad we are.

It's times like these where the NBA should just give the team with the worst record the first pick in the draft. Forget a random lottery. Who else could possibly need a #1 pick more than us? Considering our history it is only fair.

I'm not ready to say bust but he's an average player at best this season. He can't shoot and can't finish around the rim. He was outplayed by Ricky Rubio today. I've seen stars on bad teams and they don't look as bad as he does. He doesn't look like the best player on the wizards, McGee and Young both have looked better. Third best player on a winless team is bad.

I'd like to add that last year I brought up the idea of Wall not being that good like everyone assumed. I immediately got lambasted for being a hater and all sorts of nonsense. It's just obvious the guy is not a top flight point guard. He takes bad shots, misses them, and is very one-dimensional. Plus he turns the ball over. Not a good formula.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/1/8/2692734/rashard-lewis-sam-cassell-argument-washington-wizards

As if things couldn't get any worse for the Washington Wizards, Frank Hanrahan of CSN Washington offers this report for why Rashard Lewis did not play today against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Apparently, the "sore knee" thing was a farce.

The Wizards are off to a franchise worst 0-8 start, and to make matters more troubling a team source tells CSNwashington.com that Wizards' forward Rashard Lewis got into an argument with Wizards' assistant coach Sam Cassell before the Minnesota game and Lewis decided he didn't want to play.

Something seemed very weird about Lewis not playing. On Friday, Lewis committed a turnover, then refused to run back as Carmelo Anthony went in for a slam. He then missed a couple more shots and was taken out for good midway through the third quarter. Before the game, there was no sign he wouldn't play, with Flip Saunders even talking about the need to run different sets to get him going. Then, only 20 minutes before the game, the PR staff informed us he wouldn't play with the knee injury. It all makes sense now.

I'm telling you, 8 wins max for this team. Shoot, I'm thinking more like 5 wins. It's almost comical how bad we are.

It's times like these where the NBA should just give the team with the worst record the first pick in the draft. Forget a random lottery. Who else could possibly need a #1 pick more than us? Considering our history it is only fair.

Exactly. But you know we won't get it. Somehow someway the Lakers will magically end up with through trades and loopholes.

This is not surprising at all and I knew that injury was completely bogus. Rashard quit during the NY game and it was blatantly obvious. Is the amnesty available mid season?

I'm not sure about the amnesty.

Ted likes to pump Lewis up as the "calming veteran influence", we are a joke at every level.

I'm not sure about the amnesty.

Ted likes to pump Lewis up as the "calming veteran influence", we are a joke at every level.

Ted is a businessman. But it would be nice if he would stop bull****ting this fan base. We are not dumb and frankly, his 'everything is fine' mantra is getting old. This team is not rebuilding. It is sinking game by game into the perpetual sea of suck.

We are the laughing stock of the league, not a young improving team.

This is not surprising at all and I knew that injury was completely bogus. Rashard quit during the NY game and it was blatantly obvious. Is the amnesty available mid season?

Why give him that. Put him at the end of the bench and tell the press it's because he's got an attitude problem. You have to pay him anyway, may as well make an example out of him. If you amnesty him he can collect his millions at the beach.

Edited by Destino

I wish the real world had salary system like the NBA, where you can be among the highest paid in you prrofession and suck so bad that your employer is willing to pay you your salary just to have you go away. That's the American Dream right there.
The real world is filled with examples where people get contractually agreed upon payment despite subpar results. Salaried employees won't likely see that but I've seen many contracts that play out like that. Hiring might be at will in most of the US but contract agreements are not. Retainers, cancelation fees, and other fun things. Recently I saw a 3 year 600k agreement that required a year notice to cancel. Meaning that in the first year if you hated the service you had to pay another year no matter what. It even specifically said that they didn't guarantee satisfaction.

And then of course there are executives and their golden parachutes (these are not reserve to CEOs). Also, coaches.

The real world is filled with examples where people get contractually agreed upon payment despite subpar results. Salaried employees won't likely see that but I've seen many contracts that play out like that. Hiring might be at will in most of the US but contract agreements are not. Retainers, cancelation fees, and other fun things. Recently I saw a 3 year 600k agreement that required a year notice to cancel. Meaning that in the first year if you hated the service you had to pay another year no matter what. It even specifically said that they didn't guarantee satisfaction.

And then of course there are executives and their golden parachutes (these are not reserve to CEOs). Also, coaches.

True, I just meant in general for us regular average joes. :)