Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, TheItalianStallion said:

The only reason not to keep Otto is if he's part of a trade for Boogie. Or maybe another possible trade. But it better be good, cuz Porter is a perfect fit for this offense.

Cousins got traded for far less in return than Otto Porter.  His value isn't as high as we though.  Not sure I would trade Porter in a one for one swap for Cousins.

57 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Boogie has one more year on his deal in NO, right?

Correct.  He is an expiring contract next season.  It makes New Orleans's asking price for Cousins a lot weaker, but since they gave up so little to get them, I bet they can get their money back.  I wouldn't be afraid of dealing for an expiring Cousins either because I believe our situation is somewhat unique and that we can be totally confident in signing him to a long term deal in the summer of 2018.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

Get the 16th tech before the playoffs start then lol.

Doesn't it reset before the playoffs? I can't imagine something like that carrying over.

If not I'd just go ahead and eat an ejection in game 81 and let him take the suspension game 82 where the starters will probably sit anyway.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Correct.  He is an expiring contract next season.  It makes New Orleans's asking price for Cousins a lot weaker, but since they gave up so little to get them, I bet they can get their money back.  I wouldn't be afraid of dealing for an expiring Cousins either because I believe our situation is somewhat unique and that we can be totally confident in signing him to a long term deal in the summer of 2018.

Doesn't Paul George expire at the same time?  If so I'd much rather the Wizards target him. 

10 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Eh, class matters.  Maybe you don't think so, but I guarantee the coaches and players do.  You don't show up your opponents no matter what level you're playing.  That's not obvious to you?

And meanwhile you wanted our players to commit hard fouls their players to show how messed up their "shenanigans" was. That's totally classy.

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Relating to the future cap issues...Does Oubre's improved play make Otto expendable?  Especially at the Max/near Max?

If he was a better shooter, it would be a no brainer. Otto is a meh defensive player while Oubre looks like he could be All Defense.

I am kind of against giving Otto the max but I think it's gonna happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Doesn't Paul George expire at the same time?  If so I'd much rather the Wizards target him. 

I'd want a star big guy up front. More balance that way. Oubre would start at the 3 if Porter were to leave.

43 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

And meanwhile you wanted our players to commit hard fouls their players to show how messed up their "shenanigans" was. That's totally classy.

If he was a better shooter, it would be a no brainer. Otto is a meh defensive player while Oubre looks like he could be All Defense.

I am kind of against giving Otto the max but I think it's gonna happen.

Porter is actually pretty good on D. I remember in the playoffs two years ago he locked down Derozan. But you're right OUbre looks like he could be a DPOTY candidate in the future.

9 hours ago, Destino said:

He's got a player option for his fifth year so he can and probably will become a free agent at the same time as Cousins.

If you think about the contracts that Cousins and George got, it's pretty remarkable we got Wall on a fifth year with no team option when he is better than both of them.  It gave us a tremendous advantage in keeping Wall and maybe even signing one of them.  If they'd all hit free agency at the same time, they could have formed a super team Miami-style.  Ernie isn't as dumb as we thought.

8 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Hard fouling is a tool that's been part of the game since before the days of Wilt Chamberlain.  It's not about disrespecting the other guy.  Why are you acting like you don't know this?  You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

• Like 2

@stevemcqueen1 You really can't claim to have any "class " after mentioning "hard fouls, and high ankles sprains" for a star player. 

Just admit you were frustrated with your teams performance and keep it moving. You should be glad these guys are out there trying to get the bench to compete...because the starters weren't doing so great. 

• Like 1