Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm having a hard time accepting that this team has no bigs that can stay with Kelly Olynyk.

He is the sneakiest 7 footer you've ever seen.  He gets out onto the perimeter with absolutely no one realizing it.

The defense is going to have to start communicating better.  I feel like we're missing Pierce in that respect.  He may have been a liability one on one, but the D was more cohesive with him in.

Let Beal get to 25 and then throw up the white flag.

I hate regular season Randy. Can we convince him every 7 games is a playoff series?

He's the primary reason why I never subscribe to the belief that the Wiz will get a top four seed. This team is shockingly inconsistent during the regular season.

Randy should pull the starters for the rest of the game.

beat atlanta tomorrow and nobody cares about this debacle tonight

Bad games happen but this team is really struggling with the new pace.  We've been horrible defensively more often than not and the turnover issues are definitely a trend.

• Like 1

A pretty bad asswhipping.  We turned it over 5 million times and it led to easy points for Boston.  They got into a shooting rhythm, and we never recovered.  We were still throwing the ball away in the fourth quarter.  Then the starters got benched.

Humphries made some threes.  Wall and Gortat got some blocks, but overall, rough night for each of them.  Gortat and Hump and Porter got dominated on the defensive glass.

Beal was excellent, but he was the only one who played well.  Everyone else ranged from bad to frighteningly bad.

This team does need a young big.  Someone with some legs and range on his jumper.  We're too damn small and old.  You think that would mean we're super skilled.  But not really.

This is where our stinginess in an effort to save for KD is showing up.  Nene is a 50-50 play at this point, Gortat is in a little slump, Hump is learning a new role and is a very limited player anyway, Gooden and Dudley are hopelessly out of shape, and Blair is a mess.

I'd be calling up Boston and Charlotte tomorrow to see what I could get from them.  They have young bigs to spare.

Yeah.

They might do it, but maybe not until the summer.  Chicago's front court is too crowded and Portis isn't playing for them.

He looked great in the preseason which means that they can shed a big salary and plug him in.  Why get rid of him when they can shop Taj Gibson's 9 million dollar expiring deal next season?  Plus they've got to decide if they are going to resign Noah.

I won't say we goofed on the draft by going with Oubre, because I doubt Portis would have been good enough to fill what we need this season in his first year and Oubre could develop into a player.  I wouldn't blame anyone that thought so though.  Oubre has looked every bit the project scouts said he would be in his limited time during the regular season and we needed much more help at PF.  Oubre's offensive game is garbage.