Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

here we are again...Utah is awful. 14 wins. Who from their team is going to blow up for 30 now?

Alec Burks...

Man, if we lose to the Jazz today, it could get ugly. The next five games after as against arguably 5 of the top 7 teams in the league. (@Clippers, @Warriors, Thunder, Blazers, and Spurs ) In these next six games, if we could go 3-3, I would be very pleased....

Trey Burke is good, but Wall needs to welcome him to the NBA. Wall paid his dues as a rookie. Wall needs to help make Burke pay his.

Alec Burks...

Man, if we lose to the Jazz today, it could get ugly. The next five games after as against arguably 5 of the top 7 teams in the league. (@Clippers, @Warriors, Thunder, Blazers, and Spurs ) In these next six games, if we could go 3-3, I would be very pleased....

Yep, I'd say five of the top seven. Definitely five of the top eight. I think Golden State is better than Houston but I think that could be up for debate.

This is, by far, the hardest stretch of the schedule. 3-3 would be HUGE. We'd be sitting pretty to get over .500 in February. I'd be happy with 2-4. 1-5 is most likely. 0-6 is a distinct possibility :(

I think the Wizards got bailed out tonight by a lot of really fortunate bounces on offensive rebounds.  Some were earned but a lot of them just bounced right to Wizards players and over the Suns that were around the basket.  

Nene needs to stop ****ing about fouls while the ball is still in play.  He had a terrible sequence in the 4th where he traveled and then didn't rotate on the defensive end allowing a undefended rim layup.  He had a good game statistically but he made a lot of mistakes tonight and many of them were late in the game.  

The wizards were living in the passing lanes tonight and it felt like they were getting a steal every third possession.  Great team defense. 

Last point:  The Nets have figured it out.  Only a matter of time before they fly past the Wizards, Hawks, and Raptors.  Say goodbye to the 3rd seed being a possibility.

Yeah we did make some key mistakes, especially in the fourth qtr.

Having PJ Tucker miss those FTs was big. Big momentum swing for us because Wall found Beal for a 3 right after.

In retrospect, I thought there were more mistakes than you feel comfortable with. But Phoenix made more.

And we had more assists, rebounds, and fewer turnovers than them, plus I think we shot better from the floor. So it does make sense that we won.

But it was a lot closer than it should have been given our margins in all of those categories. Our mistakes came on defense and Phoenix got a lot of easy buckets they didn't have to work for. Dragic should not get that many free drives to the rim.

It also makes sense that we'd kill Phoenix on the offensive glass because they are a quintessential West team that's small, lacks physical rebounders, and leaks out looking to run a fast break as much as possible. Some of Otto's offensive boards were him actually beating the Phoenix big to the spot and wrestling the ball away. 200 pound Otto Porter.

Nene needs to stop ****ing about fouls while the ball is still in play.  

This has really started to bug me too. Was thinking about it last night. I think it's pretty obvious that there is now a dick measuring contest between Nene and the refs at this point. One thing refs hate, whether you're playing in some youth league at 12, in high school, in college or in the pros, is being shown up. Every call that goes against Nene, he puts on his pouty face, slowly walks down the court so everyone sees it. As such, he gets absolutely NO calls. Refs hate that **** and are making him pay for it.

That's what I'm seeing anyway, Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

This has really started to bug me too. Was thinking about it last night. I think it's pretty obvious that there is now a dick measuring contest between Nene and the refs at this point. One thing refs hate, whether you're playing in some youth league at 12, in high school, in college or in the pros, is being shown up. Every call that goes against Nene, he puts on his pouty face, slowly walks down the court so everyone sees it. As such, he gets absolutely NO calls. Refs hate that **** and are making him pay for it.

That's what I'm seeing anyway, Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm seeing this, too, and its obvious he's pissing off the refs during the game. I want to say someone needs to sit him down, but he's the most veteran leader on this team. I don't know who would get thru to him if someone tried.

I think Nene has a right to be pissed off. The refs screw him over as much as anyone in the entire league. Nene takes the ball hard to the rim. Harder and more often than anyone else on the team.

I don't care if the refs don't like his whining. They need to call the game fair whether they like Nene's attitude or not because it's their job.

Lots of players whine to the refs. Tim Duncan used to whine to the refs all the time. Powerful bigs like Nene almost always get screwed by the refs because the refs think they can take the contact. They absorb a lot of the contact that sends smaller players to the court. The notable exception is Dwight of course, that dude gets almost every call. If he could actually shoot FTs he could average 25 PPG.

If Favors doesn't play we have a decent shot of winning. People ought to realize once T. Burks came back they were a decent team. Wall tends to slack defensively against "unestablished" PGs so it will be interesting how much effort he exudes tonight. Will also be interesting to watch Kanter...who I'd still like to trade for if at all possible. 

Utah's broadcast team is the worst I've heard so far. When your team is awful, I think it's best to distance yourself from outrageous homerism. Not these guys. One of them just called Alec Burks one of the best slashers in the league.

Awful defense. Awful awful defense.

This has been one of our worst games of the season. Distressingly bad.

Call a ****ing timeout Randy and change the line up.

Bench Seraphin already for ****s sake.