Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No more clown-first major figures on the team (that matter) getting major minutes. Of course the level of play is going to rise Now we got people getting minutes who give a ****, who have pride, who want to win first and foremost, grown ass men. And this is before we've got the player we traded for.

Spoke too soon.

I think its funny that some of you thought that since we won against a terrible new orleans team with our current lineup, and had a decent first half against atl means we are much better without ny and mcgee. Sorry, we still suck. I guess you will have to find another donkey on this team to pin the suck to. Blatche is still here, so hes always up for candidacy. Crawford could fill that roll as well if need be.

Thomas Robinson continues to impress. This guy is a real NBA 4. Strong, has range, and rebounds well. No laundry lists of "if" related to his production. Lower ceiling though is what the scouts are saying.

Edited by Destino

Barnes's line for tonight - 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 block.

Austin Rivers scored 19 points, 4 rebounds, and 1 assist in tonight's debacle for Duke

Robinson is working on 14 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal so far. He's a rebounding machine.

Here are some highlight cutups for Barnes:

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 11:46 PM ----------

No kidding I just saw the slowest crossover and spin move I have ever seen.

He takes an age to gather himself and get going.

But on the whole, he looked better and more confident than he has in a while. That should change when they get back to DC.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 11:48 PM ----------

I think its funny that some of you thought that since we won against a terrible new orleans team with our current lineup' date=' and had a decent first half against atl means we are much better without ny and mcgee. Sorry, we still suck. I guess you will have to find another donkey on this team to pin the suck to. Blatche is still here, so hes always up for candidacy. Crawford could fill that roll as well if need be.[/quote']

I think it's pretty clear the team has been playing much better than they were before the trade. The difference in the offense is night and day and Seraphin has been playing better defense than McGee did.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

Robinson can shoot and has range out to 3 point land. He's a rebounding machine. He's a very good athlete with an NBA body. He's got some dribble penetration ability and good finishing skills.

Robinson was arguably the best player in NCAAMBB this year. Between him or Anthony Davis anyway. He's never really left me underwhelmed or disappointed watching him and every once in a while he makes me say wow. I think he's an above average PF in the NBA. A rich man's Terrence Jones. Probably about even with Derrick Williams from last year although he's stronger and has a better body.

---------- Post added March-17th-2012 at 12:01 AM ----------

With MKG likely going back, I'd probably rank Robinson either 2 or 3 behind Davis and about even with Barnes. I think I'd rank him ahead of Sully--just as big and long but a significantly better athlete and a better rebounder.

Robinson is a legit 6'9 - 6'10 PF with a 7'1 wingspan and he's shredded while still carrying a lot of bulk. He's got an NBA body for the position and he's a good athlete with a great motor.

I think it's pretty clear the team has been playing much better than they were before the trade. The difference in the offense is night and day and Seraphin has been playing better defense than McGee did.

They were both playing great in my opinion. We just have piss poor production from the SG, SF, and PF spot. One night our SG will play well. The next 3 they wont. Oh.. and we make sure that we cant compete night in and night out by continuing with this 3 guard lineup. I always believed it should have been McGee with Booker, or McGee with Seraphin.

Steve I'd agree with you about the team playing better if I hadn't watched the 2ndhalf of today's game. The 3rd was one I'd the worst offensive qtrs of basketball I've ever seen them play. 10 points. Plus was the defense that good? They gave up 50 points a half and got torched from the perimeter.

Seraphins offense has been way better than I thought. His defense is overrated. He can defend his man but he does not defend the rim from anyone else. That makes him LOOK better than he's actually playing compared to other centers. Bring on Nene! (and tell the guards to pass it inside).

Wall is still making too many mistakes on both sides of the court. Booker looked good. Vesely should have gotten more minutes.

They were both playing great in my opinion. We just have piss poor production from the SG' date=' SF, and PF spot. One night our SG will play well. The next 3 they wont. Oh.. and we make sure that we cant compete night in and night out by continuing with this 3 guard lineup. I always believed it should have been McGee with Booker, or McGee with Seraphin.[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised if McGee ends up being more replaceable than most people thought. Seraphin has more offensive skills than expected and he's already a much better low post defender than McGee was. And we haven't even seen how Nene fits in.

The offense looks much, much better simply swapping NY for Mason. So glad he's gone. Mason can catch and shoot and thrive off the ball plus his shot selection is far better, he passes, and he doesn't stifle our offensive flow.

And you know what? How mad can JaVale and NY be about getting traded? They're on playoff teams in the West now. This might have been a win for everyone involved except for Nene deal.

How irreplaceable can a guy on a team that has won the second fewest games be? Thats not saying much. Im not thinking bout the self interests of mcgee or ny. I am thinking about the long term future of the washington franchise. Anyways... ive always disliked young, and wanted him gone 2-3 seasons ago.

McGee's already been replaced, Nene is better. The question now is does Wall improve.

Well Wall was great against New Orleans and had a really strong first half tonight. Unfortunately the second half sucked for him, and the rest of the team.

Booker is playing himself into the starting PF of the future role, Anthony Davis not withstanding.

No more clown-first major figures on the team (that matter) getting major minutes. Of course the level of play is going to rise Now we got people getting minutes who give a ****, who have pride, who want to win first and foremost, grown ass men. And this is before we've got the player we traded for.

Lol, you know how I know you're old?

Lol yeah i'm defintely old, meant verizon. He has dropped me some good nuggets over the years.

Thats already been reported not only that but he is close with Grunfeld. Its a typical Wiz play because they wanna run&gun with Wall.

I'd personally rather have a vet coach that will slow the game down which will cut down on turnovers and play to Walls strenght letting him attack off the pick&roll. Preferably a guy with a winning record and emphasizes defense like JVG or Sloan. I don't care about his age if we get D'Antoni its Eddie Jordan part 2 small ball, running and gunning with 0 defense.

Yeah Grunfeld has to go I don't care who the coach is. Not only did he sign Blatche to a long deal but he's forced coaches to play him and has been publicly unable to get rid of him while he continues to find himself slower and in worse shape. His draft picks all seem to have major holes in their games and the team never seems to cause improvement in those areas. Maybe unfairly I put some of that blame on the GM. Players shouldn't think working on fundamentals absent from thier game is optional. Wall coming into this season unable to shoot shouldn't have happened, and his being rewarded with a captain title is unacceptable and an example of what I'm talking about.

It was shocking to me when after Saunders the players commented on needing to be held accountable. How messed up must an organization be for NBA players to ASK for this?

Edited by Destino

Get another PF to pair up with Nene, find a shooting SG/SF to help wall and get a coach who will slow down the game big time!

Speedy Wallzalez isn't at his best in a slow half court offense. I doubt this team would move in that direction. They certainly have to improve in that regard but they aren't built to specialize in it.

Edited by Destino

Speedy Wallzalez isn't at his best in a slow half court offense. I doubt this team would move in that direction. They certainly have to improve in that regard but they aren't built to specialize in it.

That is the route they need to go to many turnovers running and gunning with no structure. Wall should still be allowed to run off of rebounds but not wildly out of control like they do now. I think getting rid of McGee is the first step to improving in the halfcourt. In the playoffs halfcourt offense and defense wins. Look at Thibs in Chicago with Rose thats the exact way Wall needs to be played lots of high screen action.

Wall is at his very best in the high screen&roll game useing his quickness and speed to get in the lane. If we aquire a high quality pick&roll heavy coach, Walls game will explode.