Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I know it sucks not wanting your team to win, but wins like last night worry me. I just don't trust Ted at all so I want more losses to hopefully ensure burning the entire thing down and starting again. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

Im never worried about the Wizards doing the right thing anymore.  Im happy to watch them play with fam, tanking will get us a bust, thats the curse, jus win as much as you can with what you have.  They dont play to their potential enough to say what they really need, ive wanted a better coach gm combo for since what seems like i followed the team when Jordan was here : /

• Like 1

With a healthy Westbrook and Beal, the Wiz are actually fun to watch and not half bad.  There are quite a few head-scratcher moments, but they are playing hard. 

I am not sure why people think anyone could get triple doubles like Westbrook does. He rebounds exceptionally well for his position.  If it were a common skill set, I would think more players would do it regularly.  When he and Beal are playing, they are at least competetive against some of the better teams in the league.  

Yes, I know a week and a half ago we were looking like the lottery team with which we started the season.  I know it is fools gold, just shiny enough to make some of us happy as we play ourselves out of likely draft position.  Still, if it is to be fools gold, at least it is entertaining.

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He’s awesome.  I just don’t see him falling past 3.  And I don’t see the Wizards getting into the top three unless we have a lot of lottery magic.

You did say “wish.” 😁

Edited by Long n Left

33 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Need to lock Gafford up long term. Best big Wiz have had in a loooooong while.

Please just no. Every time a new wizard plays well for a few games, calls for a long term contract lead to terrible deals. Let the guy play for a couple seasons first.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Please just no. Every time a new wizard plays well for a few games, calls for a long term contract lead to terrible deals. Let the guy play for a couple seasons first.

I guess I'll rip up this contract I just typed out...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/13/2021 at 6:44 AM, Rocky21 said:

How many times have you seen the Wiz pour it on in April when they should be losing.   I’d prefer a little more tank at this point.

Tank for what???!!!!  This aint the NFL..........they could literally lose every game for the rest of this season and still end up with the #8 pick in the draft. 

And **** tanking anyway, we're 1-2 games out of making the 10th playoff spot in the Conference. 

3 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Need to lock Gafford up long term. Best big Wiz have had in a loooooong while.

He BALLED tonight. Gafford AKA the Zion killer.........he had 4 blocks tonight and 2-3 of them were on Zion.....

Gafford needs to be the starter, and we need to look to get rid of Hachimura....Hach is a soft, inconsistent BUM......He plays with NO heart......he aint got it. Put him on the bench, stop giving him all these minutes.....

Great win tonight......

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

Wiz so streaky

go into 2nd half losing like 7 straight

now won 5 of 6

are they trying to tank or make the playoffs?

6 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Tank for what???!!!!  This aint the NFL..........they could literally lose every game for the rest of this season and still end up with the #8 pick in the draft. 

And **** tanking anyway, we're 1-2 games out of making the 10th playoff spot in the Conference. 

on the other hand what point is there to make the playoffs

the east is like 3 teams and 5 mediocre teams and those are just the teams that made the playoffs

4 IIRC teams in the playin that are below .500

• Thanks 1

He BALLED tonight. Gafford AKA the Zion killer.........he had 4 blocks tonight and 2-3 of them were on Zion.....

Gafford needs to be the starter, and we need to look to get rid of Hachimura....Hach is a soft, inconsistent BUM......He plays with NO heart......he aint got it. Put him on the bench, stop giving him all these minutes.....

Great win tonight......

^^^ How the Wizards stay an irrelevant, losing franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1