Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Lost my mom new years day, so I haven't been paying much attention to the games.

I hope things aren't as bad as the box scores have indicated.

So sorry for your loss man.

But yea it's been pretty bad. Jan has been a bright spot, if that puts it into perspective.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Lost my mom new years day, so I haven't been paying much attention to the games.

Damn man, really sorry to hear that.

But yeah, unfortunately the last few games have, unfortunately, been as bad as the boxscores. My enthusiasm has waned quite a bit. I still have hope though. Beal is obviously not normal. So look forward to getting him back to 100%.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Damn bro...real sorry to hear that.  I hope all is well.  Keep your head up. 

Thanks for the kind words.

From what I've read, it seems like the offense is being figured out and Wittman has no idea how to adjust.

There is a good post on BF that highlights this.  The offense is so heavily based on John Wall.  THere are times that the other 4 players are stagnant while Wall does his thing. 

I am really sorry for your loss Still. That's really tough man, try and keep your chin up.

And don't bother tuning in to the Wizards right now. We're in a major shooting slump and it's exposed us. Can't score effectively when our long jumpers aren't falling. And can't defend well enough to fall back on that.

The only bright spot was taking advantage of a Detroit team struggling even more than us.

Let's talk about the Cleveland trade for a second.  Personally, I think the addition of Deng will elevate the Cavs past us in due time.  That being said, do any of you think anything will be done (either by way of roster moves or firings) to help this team going forward?  We're playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess.  It's kind of frustrating, but there is still more than enough time in the season left to make some sort of move to get them back on the upswing. 

Sorry to hear that SU, that's terrible.

(And yes the teams been as bad if not worse than the box score)

I thought the Cavs would be better than us after the Bynum acquisition and all of the other moves they made this offseason.

The problem for them is still being able to bring it together on the court.

Deng will help, but I think defense is still going to be an issue. They still don't have a foundation for defense at the PF and C positions and none of their guards can play a lick of D.

I also think they need to find a way to strike some sort of balance between Kyrie's passing and scoring. I think they need a playmaking SG of some sort to go with him.

They also need to find a way to get Anthony Bennett going. He shouldn't be this bad. It's an issue that he is.

Let's talk about the Cleveland trade for a second.  Personally, I think the addition of Deng will elevate the Cavs past us in due time.  That being said, do any of you think anything will be done (either by way of roster moves or firings) to help this team going forward?  We're playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess.  It's kind of frustrating, but there is still more than enough time in the season left to make some sort of move to get them back on the upswing. 

The roster is sort of stuck in place, isn't it? The only move the team really has to make is trading Ariza in an attempt to build a bench, but I think that leaves you worse off than they are now.

Yea...Ariza is really the only tradable chip (well, I guess Gortat), but I just believe it was incredible foresight by the Bulls to recognize that their championship window closed.  Rather than doing things laterally, they looked at the big picture.  Probably too much to as of EG. 

*edit*

In thinking about it, are the Cavs trying to emulate the bulls by building their own variant version of Chicago's big 3? 

Rose

Deng

Noah

Irving

Deng

Varajao

Cavs have a defensive minded coach, like Chicago, but it will be interesting to see if this move elevates them on the defensive front.  I like it for the Cavs in the short term. 

Edited by RonArtest15