Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Not even Caron Butler can stop me from hating the Clippers with douches like Matt Barnes and especially Blake Griffin on that team.

I loved that shot by Seraphin, and even more, after making it, he looked angry. He knows the Wiz are on the bad end of some questionable calls.

Edited by mmzznnxx

I like what Wall is doing in that he sees the clippers clamping down on his assists and is choosing to try to score to make up for it. Seen him hit some nice shots, jumpers, too. It's amazing as good as the clippers are that we are keeping this a winnable ball game. Major props, guys...

Edit: That does it, I'm getting a John Wall jersey. I love watching him block people's shots like a boss.

Edited by Renegade7

In the end, we gave the game away with our astounding ineptitude on the boards. Randy needs to have everyone crash the boards before leaking out, like its hysterically bad at times. That being said, I hope Blake gets herpes from whichever ref he pleasured before the game, cause this guy stays flopping and nothing is done about it. Such a ****ty way to lose.

Blake is getting every call now. Ridiculous.

I hate the way Flop Griffin plays. Acts like a total *****, gets away with murder, gets every ticky tack call he wants.

Bad officiating effected the outcome of this game.

---------- Post added January-20th-2013 at 02:51 AM ----------

That loss pissed me off more than the others. The Clippers are a dirty team. Their bench are clowns and I hate seeing even CP3 get in on the trash talking after routine plays. They've got a massive sense of entitlement. Like the total opposite of the Thunder. I'll be rooting for whoever plays against them in the playoffs. WTF are Caron and Grant Hill doing on that team?

Anyway, good day of basketball overall. James McAdoo, Ben McLemore, and Nerlens Noel all impressed. Shabazz and Len did not.

Nerlens is a freak. 7 blocks despite being in major foul trouble almost the entire game. He pulled down a lot of nice boards too. I don't know. With Shabazz looking limited and Nerlens showing out, Nerlens looks like he's got a legit shot of going #1 overall. He's a complete pogo stick with huge hands and great arm length. Pretty good functional strength too compared to where he was last year. Super young. We could use him.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Personally, I think we need bigs with more length.

Noel, Len etc.

Why do people on this board like Len? I watched the state/Maryland game last week and was completely unimpressed with him. I was expecting him to potentially dominate but he didn't seem at all quick nor really have much of an offensive game.

Why do people on this board like Len? I watched the state/Maryland game last week and was completely unimpressed with him. I was expecting him to potentially dominate but he didn't seem at all quick nor really have much of an offensive game.

He's very quick/athletic and has a number of offensive moves.

But what he lacks is sufficient strength and guards who can feed the post and consistently hit an outside shot.

I've seen every Terps game this season and there is literally no room for Len to operate.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think I hate the Clippers as well only team I dislike more are the Lakers, if they play in the playoffs I could careless who wins.

Vesley compared too Noel :ols::ols::ols:

You're still salty about that?

Offensively, the comparison still stands. But defensively and on the defensive glass, Noel is much better.

---------- Post added January-20th-2013 at 10:51 AM ----------

Any chance he gets hit with the "flopping fine" for that one?

He damn well better. And he's a repeat offender though I doubt he's ever been fined before. He needs a suspension. He's probably the biggest flopper in the league. He's Meryl Streep and makes Manu look like Kristin Stewart.

---------- Post added January-20th-2013 at 10:53 AM ----------

Solid effort last night. We lose that game by 20 in November. Better rebounding rotation, better FT shooting and better officiating and we can beat that team.

Absolutely. Though change only one of those things and we beat them. And it will never be the officiating...

He's very quick/athletic and has a number of offensive moves.

But what he lacks is sufficient strength and guards who can feed the post and consistently hit an outside shot.

I've seen every Terps game this season and there is literally no room for Len to operate.

My biggest concern isn't so much his offensive game as his defensive game. Yesterday McAdoo, who is a much smaller player and a mismatch, was able to muscle Len around in the paint. Grabbed a number of offensive boards and easy buckets in the paint because Len struggled to hold position against him. A part of it was instincts. McAdoo shows really superior instincts at rebounding. But the biggest part of it was a lack of strength. McAdoo looks pretty well built for being the same class as Len. But it should have been a big mismatch in Len's favor. McAdoo is more of a SF than a C.

I think his potential is still very high given how great his frame is and how quick he is. But I think he's a big project given how much bulk and strength he has to develop.

---------- Post added January-20th-2013 at 11:02 AM ----------

In the NBA, do players get fined for flops like that? It's one thing to exagerate a hit... it's another to be a Hollywood stuntman?

They are supposed to get fined for early offenses. Repeated flopping is supposed to eventually draw suspensions. But so far, I've yet to hear of a single star player getting fined and plenty of them have committed ridiculous flops.

I think the rule is window dressing by the league, only peripheral players get punished and it created yet another uncompetitive line of line of separation between "stars" (haves) and the the normals (have nots).