Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Maybe if we get this under 30, Ted will consider it progress and write a positive blog about it. I want to go to game with a brown paper bag so bad right now. I'm not excited at all about getting a high draft pick, because they could easily be a Veasly/Kwame type bust while we continue to surround our "core players" with overpaid, crap veterans. Damn near everything about this franchise is garbage, but I keep holding out hope cause I love 'em.

I still feel violated as a fan. This is not okay, and I really want to see our fan base get pissed off about this and show it in the arena more often. It's embarrassing.

Maybe if we get this under 30, Ted will consider it progress and write a positive blog about it. I want to go to game with a brown paper bag so bad right now. I'm not excited at all about getting a high draft pick, because they could easily be a Veasly/Kwame type bust while we continue to surround our "core players" with overpaid, crap veterans. Damn near everything about this franchise is garbage, but I keep holding out hope cause I love 'em.

I still feel violated as a fan. This is not okay, and I really want to see our fan base get pissed off about this and show it in the arena more often. It's embarrassing.

I got tickets to a couple of games after Christmas, i'm giving the paper bag idea serious consideration.

John Wall can't come back soon enough. I just want to see him play. Pretty much the only thing that can give me any hope for even a modest future is if he comes back and starts killing it.

---------- Post added December-15th-2012 at 11:07 PM ----------

Ricky Rubio is going to haunt this franchise as long as he's in the NBA. First game back and he looks great.

Damn his rehab went quick. He tore his ACL and LCL in March. That's amazing. Wonder if they are rushing him back?

Must be nice to have a competent medical staff...

---------- Post added December-15th-2012 at 11:17 PM ----------

Beal is -40 for the game, I don't believe I've ever seen a split like that before.

:ols:

God that's awful. And he was arguably our best player tonight. On the flip side LeBron was +36.

The average +/- of our starters was just over -29. The average for the Heat was of course just over +29. It was just a straight beat down of their starters against ours. A blunt reminder of how depressingly far away from the top we are.

---------- Post added December-15th-2012 at 11:33 PM ----------

didnt watch more than 5 seconds of this game.

I didnt see the score, but saw Vesly foul Norris Cole, so I KNEW we were down big. After Cole hit one of 2, it was a 31 point lead.

It was just a ho hum beat down. The Heat came out immediately playing like themselves and just put the screws to us in every way you can. Forced us into turnovers, kept us out of out spots and gave us no good looks while their starters were in. Never let us get anything close to a rhythm going. It was a dominant defensive performance and then they were nearly as good on the other end of the floor. We were completely outclassed. It was the worst team in the league playing against the best team. LeBron had a workmanlike double double. We were out of the game right after the half.

Crawford had a bad shooting game. We've got absolutely 0 chance of winning a game if he's not on fire while Nene and Wall are out. Seraphin barely showed up in the game until late in the third. Martell Webster also couldn't get much to go and it's at the point where we need him contributing and nailing shots to be competitive.

Ves actually got on the floor after the game was out of reach and didn't look completely useless for a change.

The only positives to be taken away were Beal and Martin. Beal looked aggressive on offense and started driving and making plays in transition. Martin has put a pair of good games together and is earning more regular minutes IMO. Yeah he's a little flat on D but he scores well enough to put into the rotation and he needs consistent PT to keep his shot going.

Nene out again? Lol but we got the better player. I like Nene but come on man he's going too continue too be plagued by injuries and he's eating up a huge chunk of our cap for the next 5 years. Denver defiantly won got the cheaper, younger player, with great potiental that can be depended on too play every game.

Nene out again? Lol but we got the better player. I like Nene but come on man he's going too continue too be plagued by injuries and he's eating up a huge chunk of our cap for the next 5 years. Denver defiantly won got the cheaper, younger player, with great potiental that can be depended on too play every game.

Agreed 100%. I like Nene but if he's never healthy he's not that valuable. McGee had a lot of value on the trade market, could have definitely gotten a better deal.

McGee was not dependable and he was a poisonous presence on the team.

Nene has plantar fasciitis and we were playing our fourth game in five days. A game off was in order.

McGee was not dependable and he was a poisonous presence on the team.

Nene has plantar fasciitis and we were playing our fourth game in five days. A game off was in order.

thats a big extra

he tried hard, he was just an idiot. And yes, I remember Wittman benching McGee last season for his stupidity.

Blatche was a poisonous presence. Gilbert was a poisonous presence. McGee was just a try hard idiot.

thats a big extra

he tried hard, he was just an idiot. And yes, I remember Wittman benching McGee last season for his stupidity.

Blatche was a poisonous presence. Gilbert was a poisonous presence. McGee was just a try hard idiot.

He was the biggest laughing stock in the league. His teammates ans coaches thought he was a clown and didn't respect or trust him. You can't win with a starting C like that. He had to go as bad as NY and Blatche and Gil did.

I don't think we have enough assets to do this. Maybe Kahn is stupid enough to put together a trade with beal as the centerpiece and future picks on our end. IF we can pull this off with keeping Wall, I'd be ecstatic. However, I think it's a pipe dream.

I don't think we have enough assets to do this. Maybe Kahn is stupid enough to put together a trade with beal as the centerpiece and future picks on our end. IF we can pull this off with keeping Wall, I'd be ecstatic. However, I think it's a pipe dream.

Nene needs to be included in deals like this. If we add an All Star, we need to figure out a way to deal Nene IMO. His contract is an impediment to bringing in other stars.

I don't see the TWolves going for Beal as a centerpiece TBH. I would assume they'd want a big and I'm not sure what we could offer on that end. Nene and Seraphin are both valuable but no clue how much it would take to get Love.

I also think Love wouldn't appreciate going from a bad team to a worse one when his goal is the playoffs.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 09:20 AM ----------

I wish we had Jose Calderon. I think a lot of our problems our problems early this season could have been avoided with a backup PG like him and it would be really nice for John to have a PG like him on the team.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 09:21 AM ----------

Also, I would love to deal for Tyler Hansbrough. If not a trade, then I would love to sign him as a FA. He's a competent backup big man but he also brings a lot of intangibles to the table we could use.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 09:26 AM ----------

I'd also consider trading for Derrick Williams. He's in the same boat as Vesely right now. Difference is DWill can score, and we could use a forward like that.

I wouldn't give up much for him at this point, he's a huge risk. Build a package around Vesely, Minny would be a good fit for him. They've got Kirilenko and it would be good for Ves to play with him.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 09:52 AM ----------

If we're not going to actually rebuild and we're going to try and make the John Wall era work:

- Buy low on DWill and it's a cheap lotto ticket.

- Get Hansbrough.

- Get a good vet backup PG. The absolute ideals would be Chauncey Billups or Jose Calderon. Don't know how you get them but they would make a huge difference.

- Use the draft to either get a scoring wing like Shabazz or a longer term project big man like Nerlens or Lin or Gobert, probably should be Nerlens since he's got the best body and is the best athlete. None of the options are going to be great.

- Find a way to get rid of Okafor and Ariza

- Deal off Ves and probably Booker. Deal Crawford and Singleton if you have to, but I'd like to keep them. Hang on to Seraphin unless it's absolutely necessary. Hang on to Beal unless someone blows you away. He's the only promising thing we have outside of Wall.

- Don't be shy about dealing Nene if something decent comes along.

Roll out with a roster something like this:

PG: Wall, Calderon?

SG: Beal, Crawford

SF: Shabazz, Martell/Cartier

PF: Seraphin, DWill, Singleton

C: Nene, Hansbrough

Anyway, that's 11. Go with a ten man rotation early on I suppose. If you go a big man like Noel or Len or Zeller or Gobert instead of Shabazz, then bump DWill down to SF, where he will probably get more minutes. That group is young but has a ton of upside and it's a good bet stars will emerge among the perimeter players.

Shabazz over a big man gives the team a lot of scoring options and an ability to run nice small ball lineups. If you don't take it, you'll have to go three guard lineups with Beal at SF and Crawf at SG to get the same punch, which is a lesser quality lineup IMO. Play DWill at PF in that lineup and Nene or Seraphin at C and that group can run the floor really well. Put Hansbrough and Calderon in to slow it down and play a halfcourt game.

But Shabazz over a big man means you don't have a lot of length in the front court at all. Shabazz is on the shorter side for a SF and Hansbrough is short for a C. A true seven footer would be nice. Seraphin is a little short for a C although he has long arms, is strong and athletic. Nene is our only real big body.

The amount of upside on that team at least gives it a chance for crawling out of the dregs as the young talent matures. Rookie contracts are among the most efficient and you'd still have a fair amount of them in that construction. Give us some scoring options that we lacked early in the Wall era. Something like Wall/Beal/Crawford/Calderon or Wall/Beal/Shabazz/Calderon would be a strong set of guards with good scoring and passing.

The only two people I would inquire about on that list are Derrick Williams and Andrew Bynum. For Bynum, I'd see if they had interest in Nene, which would probably require a future first too or for Okafor and maybe a young player. Clearing cap space and undoing mistakes would be the goal.

As for Derrick Williams, I'd offer a young player not named Crawford, Beal or Wall. Maybe a couple of others I wouldn't part with but really we don't have much to swing a trade to begin with.

Of course any trade of our most recent actions would have to be done by a new GM because Ernie would never admit to the dreadful mistakes he made this last year.

There is no point in trading for anyone else on that list because the season is already lost and we should remain in full tank mode.

The only two people I would inquire about on that list are Derrick Williams and Andrew Bynum. For Bynum, I'd see if they had interest in Nene, which would probably require a future first too or for Okafor and maybe a young player. Clearing cap space and undoing mistakes would be the goal.

As for Derrick Williams, I'd offer a young player not named Crawford, Beal or Wall. Maybe a couple of others I wouldn't part with but really we don't have much to swing a trade to begin with.

Of course any trade of our most recent actions would have to be done by a new GM because Ernie would never admit to the dreadful mistakes he made this last year.

There is no point in trading for anyone else on that list because the season is already lost and we should remain in full tank mode.

Absolutely! Williams/Bynum are gambles worth taking, IMO. Something drastic has to be done.

Also, I would love to deal for Tyler Hansbrough. If not a trade, then I would love to sign him as a FA. He's a competent backup big man but he also brings a lot of intangibles to the table we could use.

Hansbrough sucks. He's a big man that can't shoot. His FG% is 41 this year with a career average of 42%. The last thing this team needs is more players that can't shoot.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

The Wizards are about to begin the easy stretch of the season. After Atlanta they play Orlando, Detroit, Detroit, Cleveland, Orlando and Chicago before a brutal January. Hopefully they lose to these terrible teams but they will probably win a couple and Ted will say we are on the right path.