Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

There's your obligitory "Wall, why did you do that" pass, just ended the game.

That's fine, they at least showed there's some give a **** left in them.  We'll win game 3, I don't know what will happen after that, Toronto is taking what we give them, they aren't playing like mental midgets at all.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beal.

Is this a "we wore him out and that's our fault" thing, nothing we can do about it now thing?  House of Guards playing like they in foreclosure right now compared to previous playoff series.

Edited by Renegade7

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is this a "we wore him out and that's our fault" thing, nothing we can do about it now thing?  House of Guards playing like they in foreclosure right now compared to previous playoff series.

I don't know wtf is wrong with Beal.  But Wall has actually been balling out.  He's rusty and he's battled his shot but he's been super productive.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know wtf is wrong with Beal.  But Wall has actually been balling out.  He's rusty and he's battled his shot but he's been super productive.

Wall is giving me hope, Beal is scaring the **** out of me.  Half the house is on fire, but at least the dishes are clean : /

I'd be ecstatic if we got anything close to what we're used to with Beal, I don't think we stand a chance in this series without him right now.  

Kara is right about Lawson being a godsend.  Scoring 119 ain't bad (that's actually great), but allowing 130, we've got to do something.

Edited by Renegade7

I can't see us winning out. Marcin has been complete horse****, and Ian might not see the rest of the playoffs after his tech. We are running a 4 guard set with Keef at the 5. That is not going to work. You have to hope you make every shot and the other team refuses to rebound. 

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I can't see us winning out. 

Despite all that, we scored 119 points with Beal playing like total butt juice.

I want to know why we haven't just benched Gortat all ready. Ya'll want to talk about Oubre hurting us, 0 points and 3 rebounds from your starting center, Ourbe had 14 points and more rebounds.  Gortat can't start anymore, we've said he needs to be replaced, I almost don't want to see him again the rest of the series.  Even after we started to go nuts and try to come back, what did we get from homeboy?

This isn't just me being a homer, the way we finished this game was about as encouraged as I've been in a while.  We're officially behind the 8 ball, but we haven't folded like you could argue was coming before halftime.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm going to be pissed if Beal gets surgery for an undisclosed issue immediately after the season ends.

I'm not sure how I'd feel.  What would you have done, stopped him from playing?  We likely aren't in the playoffs in that case.

Why the postgame team laughing like a bunch of super villians over that?  That was weird.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm going to be pissed if Beal gets surgery for an undisclosed issue immediately after the season ends.

I have the same suspicion.  He looks nothing like what we've seen from him most of this season and in the playoffs before.  Would not be surprised at all if he's injured.

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Are we really gonna sit here and try to hang this on Gortat while Beal was a MINUS-34 tonight???

Um.. no one is picking their poison here, they both sucked, no one is defending one or the other.

As for Beal being injured:  I wouldn't be suprised, I just don't know what I would've done differently.  Again, this is all speculation, but do ya'll think he was hurt in a way he shouldn't of been playing?  Do you think the doctors or coaches knew about it?

19 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This makes more sense to me then him being hurt.  We were practically begging for him to get some games off, especially after we got the berth.  There are players that are higher then him in MPG, but he played 82 games, most didn't.  

The 82 games thing is very interesting considering his injury history.  On the one hand, that's amazing, Thank God, but I've suspected and heard him trying to hide injuries more and more to try to change that perception of him being injury riddled.  

RK PLAYER TEAM GP MIN MPG
1 LeBron James, SF CLE 82 3026 36.9
2 Khris Middleton, SF MIL 82 2982 36.4
3 Andrew Wiggins, SF MIN 82 2979 36.3
4 Bradley Beal, SG WSH 82 2977 36.3
5 Jrue Holiday, PG NO 81 2927 36.1
6 CJ McCollum, SG POR 81 2923 36.1
7 Karl-Anthony Towns, C MIN 82 2918 35.6
8 Russell Westbrook, PG OKC 80 2914 36.4
9 Paul George, SF OKC 79 2891 36.6
10 Giannis Antetokounmpo, PF MIL 75 2756 36.7

I'm just torn on this, he's a professional athlete, but we're making a mistake running into the ground like he's LeBron or something.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, let's just play him 42 mpg then.  He can handle it, he's young, and he's max.

Obviously there is a realistic amount of minutes he can play. Did he play a lot this year? Sure. But I don't think it was some absurd amount that it justifies his absolutely god awful play so far this postseason.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Obviously there is a realistic amount of minutes he can play. Did he play a lot this year? Sure. But I don't think it was some absurd amount that it justifies his absolutely god awful play so far this postseason.

I want to agree with you, and have for the most part until I saw this game and that tweet @BenningRoadSkin   posted.

Here's the thing, he wasn't just playing a lot of minutes, we were asking him to run the offense as well, get open, and guard his matchup against other star SGs.  It would've been great if he could handle it, but he couldn't and we knew that months ago and didn't change course.

Edited by Renegade7