Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Not sure how I fell about not changing anything in how he plays when he gets back, I may be looking too deep in to it, but agree someone needs to get him to play off ball more.  

He did seem a little defensive but it probably would have been worse for him in terms of questions and media frenzy if he had acknowledged any fault. 

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

He did seem a little defensive but it probably would have been worse for him in terms of questions and media frenzy if he had acknowledged any fault. 

Ya, I can see that, he was definitely under the microscope over his words with his team playing better then him.  What did you think about the "they have my number" comment?  To me, it sounds like something someone would say after a team meeting goes bad, like he's said all that he wanted to say prior to this win streak.  I still believe the team has his back, but a politician he is not.

This team clearly doesnt like Wall very much.  Between him and Beal, him and Gortat, him trying to run Otto out of town for PG, there's probably not as much support as you would hope for the best player.

He's right about Gortat though.  Gortat needs to be quiet.

32 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Oyyy boyyy...

Gortat has to be gone..

Wall is very clearly upset by the whole situation and its a little disappointing.  He shouldn't be on TV talking **** about a team mate, one that is actually playing tonight, a few hours before a game.  He's right, and Gortat should have been traded before this, but it's still not a good look and there is no upside to this. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wall is very clearly upset by the whole situation and its a little disappointing.  He shouldn't be on TV talking **** about a team mate, one that is actually playing tonight, a few hours before a game.  He's right, and Gortat should have been traded before this, but it's still not a good look and there is no upside to this. 

Counterpoint: upside is that Gortat is gone. 

John is going to have to get a thick skin and learn to lie to the media if the Wizards become higher profile.  He can't take disrespectful chatter from the fanbase and local media personally because DC sports fans are, by and large, morons who mainline drama and get off on ****ting on their teams and players.  It's a horrible sports town filled with miserable assholes with a tremendous sense of entitlement.

But don't ****ing beef with a teammate in public man.  God damn is it counterproductive.

I do however agree with him about what he needs to do when he gets back.  Play defense.  That's the key to everything.  Tired of talking about it, I just want to see him do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I agree with you on this, but damn, that's really how you feel about DC Sports Fans?

Yeah.  I can only stomach going in the Stadium about once a month now.  I can't go on RealGM or Reddit any more. 

The experiences with RGIII and Kirk really soured me on the sports culture here.  We have absolutely horrible fans.  Fans who get excited about dysfunction and who turn on injured players.

But I also don't think we're different from any other North Eastern fanbase except we're a lot more white collar.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We do love that drama, tho.  And Steve knows from whence he speaks...his rants in the Alex Smith trade thread are top shelf self-flagellation.

And he was far from alone

I hate the drama.  It's driving me away from the Redskins.  I can't stand that front office or organization.  I want nothing more than to root for a boring, stable franchise like Carolina or Atlanta.  Although I hate the city of Atlanta too, but that's for different reasons.