Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Kind of figured that last night we were going to take the L. It's all good. Gotta win one of the next two.

Win one of the next two... Win 3 of our last 5 games. End the season with 50 wins. And get ready to play Milwaukee at the phone booth on Tax Day.

... Why does it seems like when we lose, teams GO OFF!?!? Yesterday was the first time the Clippers "core four" (Paul, Griffin, D.Jordan, Reddick) all went for 20 in the same game. Smh...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

John Wall is the best PG in the NBA.

Challenge that and I'll punch you in the face.

Seriously....:)

In terms of making players better and all around game, I think so too yeah. But he doesn't have the sexy scoring #s of a Curry or Westbrook.

• Like 2

Doris Burke mentioned it last time we were on national TV.  John drives at the same rate that Westbrook and Harden and gets half as many calls.  If he got the calls they do, he'd average 4 or 5 more PPG.

John has never gotten the respect he deserves at any point in his career.  And the refs absolutely have it out for him.  They don't like him.

NBA refs are dirty, biased, and cliquish.  It is what it is.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Doris Burke mentioned it last time we were on national TV.  John drives at the same rate that Westbrook and Harden and gets half as many calls.  If he got the calls they do, he'd average 4 or 5 more PPG.

John has never gotten the respect he deserves at any point in his career.  And the refs absolutely have it out for him.  They don't like him.

NBA refs are dirty, biased, and cliquish.  It is what it is.

Was about to shrug off your claim because Wall has a ton of techs...he's actually tied for 3rd in the league w/ Draymond.  But after I looked, Boogie is #1 and Russ is #2.  Seeing Russ on that list AND the fact that he gets a ton of calls, completely invalidated me dismissing what you were saying here.  Might be something to it with the refs having it out for him. 

We know that John has a scrappy and pugnacious personality and that he's a talker.  I think John cusses the refs out a lot.  I've heard it picked up on the game broadcasts before.  And he brushed a ref at the beginning of the season and got tossed for it.  John knew what he was doing when he did it, and the ref knew it was a threat.  I think he's got a really bad reputation with the officials and NBA refs are dirty as hell.  Like I said, they're cliquish and they're punishing him.  It's not just John either.  I think the Wizards as a team actually have a bad reputation among the officials and they screw us over to try and put us in our place.  We've got an edgy group of guys and they do chirp at the refs a lot.  But it also doesn't take much to get on the bad side of an NBA ref.  Tim Duncan got thrown out by Joey Crawford for sitting on the bench and laughing.  They're gigantic assholes.  Worst officials in sports.

• Like 2