Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If we want to stay ahead of Toronto, I think we pretty much have to win at least 1 of the next 3, sweep Hornets/Knicks, and win at least 2 of the final 3 - Heat/Pistons/Heat again. Even that might not be enough: they have it easier than we do, and could very well run the table. If Cleveland is resting their starters in the season finale, Toronto may be favored in all of their remaining games.

43 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

If we want to stay ahead of Toronto, I think we pretty much have to win at least 1 of the next 3, sweep Hornets/Knicks, and win at least 2 of the final 3 - Heat/Pistons/Heat again. Even that might not be enough: they have it easier than we do, and could very well run the table. If Cleveland is resting their starters in the season finale, Toronto may be favored in all of their remaining games.

So, that said....

Would yall want to start resting starters? Or do we need to keep working on continuity on the Defensive end? 

1 hour ago, TheItalianStallion said:

I don't think we can lose more than two games and hope to stay in front of Toronto.

1 hour ago, MLSKINS said:

While true... We're approaching that age old question.

Is it better to enter postseason rested or with momentum?

It's better not to face the Cavs in the 2nd round.  Otherwise I'd say with momentum.  We've all seen how these lulls in the season can linger and I still think the Wizards peaked early. 

• Like 1

Cavs are ripe for the picking. No defense. 

That said, the NBA spent a ton promoting Lebron this year and had half his games on national TV.  I want the play them after a team takes them 7. And I don't foresee that happening in the first round.