Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

My temptation is to be frustrated that we're having to claw for wins over weak teams recently but then I remember that Boston lost to one of those same teams tonight, and to another a few nights ago. Lo and behold, those narrow wins over weak western teams are why we're now the #2 seed, and breathing down Cleveland's neck.

10 hours ago, Destino said:

Few teams just show up and dominate on the road in the NBA.  Only the top of the western conference is great on the road.

The Wizards that couldn't win on the road early this season are 14-15 now.  The Cavs are 16-14. 

5 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

All road wins are beautiful.

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It's very hard to win on the road in the NBA. Even harder on these 4 in 5 road trips.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A two point win is as good as a 20 point win in the end.  I'll take them any way they'll come.  

Tonight's game is the Greek God of schedule losses.  If we win, we're playing with house money.  But it's going to be real difficult to win if we don't play better defense.

I'm kinda surprised you guys reacted to my post (the top one quoted here) the way you did. The point wasn't that we should be concerned about the manner of victory, but rather that we should be happy about the fact that we won at all, given that Boston recently failed against two of the teams whom we recently beat, even if our wins were unimpressive.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

The point wasn't that we should be concerned about the manner of victory, but rather that we should be happy about the fact that we won at all, given that Boston recently failed against two of the teams whom we recently beat, even if our wins were unimpressive.

I saw where you were coming from...

Our defense has been pathetic. I know why though, we're still trying to figure out lineups. Offensively, I think we clicked. It's always been harder to adjust defensively. (The Warriors have struggled in this area too since KD was injured.)

This West Coast trip is already a success, but we can't lose two straight to head back home. One of these games, we need to win. I think it will be tonight.

Just now, StillUnknown said:

Oubre's not gonna see the floor in the postseason

he's shown some decent flashes, but he'd had some stretches of horrid play, this current stretch the worst of the bunch

He was on such a roll pre concussion too. Shame.