Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

toronto's tank is a little stronger than ours

jersey in a close one late with Chicago though

The outcomes of their games doesn't affect us anymore. Toronto will definitely lose and even if NJ loses, they end up with 1 more win than us.

Very clutch loss today as it seems like both SAC and NJN will end up with 24 wins.

The outcomes of their games doesn't affect us anymore. Toronto will definitely lose and even if NJ loses, they end up with 1 more win than us.

Very clutch loss today as it seems like both SAC and NJN will end up with 24 wins.

yeah I just noticed that

hopefully the draft works out in our favor, i'll be depressed if we fall out of the top 5

nbadraft.net's new mock just dropped. Bismack had gone from the 50's to 25. Making a move.

Kanter is at 3 and Motiejunas is in our 4 spot.

Oh and Derrick Williams had officially declared for the draft. Thank God. Still no word from Barnes though

---------- Post added April-14th-2011 at 12:21 AM ----------

You know what, **** it. I'm officially on the Bismack bandwagon. I'm watching vids of him and comparing him to past African prospects. Someone mentioned Saer Sene earlier I think. He looks so much more fluid and comfortable on the court than Sene ever did. Thabeet is just a big, slow, plodding dude. Nothing like my man Bismack. And Seraphin + Bismack = doubling our odds. One of them has to hit.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

We need to get Harrison Barnes....I think he can score right away in the NBA...so we will have a true PG in Wall and two scorers on the wings with Nick Young and Harrison Barnes.....and we will have the money to lure Dwight Howard to DC with Rashard's contract becoming only partially guaranteed in 2012.

PG - Wall

SG- Young

SF- Barnes

PF - Blatche

C- Howard

6th - Carawford

notice I put Blatche in the starting lineup....with Howard and Young as our #1 and #2 scoring options I think Dray would greatly benefit with the offense NOT running through him. DHoward would also help cover his deficiencies on the boards and on defense.

I don't think this is too far fetched...unless we don't improve next year or someone gets hurt I think DC will be the most attractive option for a big name free agent to end up. Chicago/LA/NY/Miami/ all have their salaries tied up post 2012. The only other attractive option I can think of is Boston....and all they have for 2012 is an aging Paul Pierce and Rondo. I'd rather come to chocolate city and play with John Wall and Barnes!

edit....Dallas and LA Clippers would be two other attractive destinations. Howard-Dirk would be a pretty sick versatile front court......as would Griffin-Howard.

Edited by Gator Bait

Well thank God that is over! I appreciate Flop pulling the starters in the 4th quarter so we could finally tank something. I would have preferred the 3rd most ping pong balls (if we had lost the Celts game like we should have) but 4th is pretty good.

And did someone say the Hawks pick is already slotted at 18? I though the playoff bound teams picks hadn't been decided yet.

We'll see how the lotter goes but we'll get a good player with our first pick.

Well thank God that is over! I appreciate Flop pulling the starters in the 4th quarter so we could finally tank something. I would have preferred the 3rd most ping pong balls (if we had lost the Celts game like we should have) but 4th is pretty good.

And did someone say the Hawks pick is already slotted at 18? I though the playoff bound teams picks hadn't been decided yet.

We'll see how the lotter goes but we'll get a good player with our first pick.

I don't think the games in the playoffs decide who gets what pick unless its the team in the finals. I could be wrong about this though but I'm moderately sure that the Hawks are going to get there butts kicked in the first round and will stay at #18.

We need to get Harrison Barnes....I think he can score right away in the NBA...so we will have a true PG in Wall and two scorers on the wings with Nick Young and Harrison Barnes.....and we will have the money to lure Dwight Howard to DC with Rashard's contract becoming only partially guaranteed in 2012.

PG - Wall

SG- Young

SF- Barnes

PF - Blatche

C- Howard

6th - Carawford

notice I put Blatche in the starting lineup....with Howard and Young as our #1 and #2 scoring options I think Dray would greatly benefit with the offense NOT running through him. DHoward would also help cover his deficiencies on the boards and on defense.

I don't think this is too far fetched...unless we don't improve next year or someone gets hurt I think DC will be the most attractive option for a big name free agent to end up. Chicago/LA/NY/Miami/ all have their salaries tied up post 2012. The only other attractive option I can think of is Boston....and all they have for 2012 is an aging Paul Pierce and Rondo. I'd rather come to chocolate city and play with John Wall and Barnes!

edit....Dallas and LA Clippers would be two other attractive destinations. Howard-Dirk would be a pretty sick versatile front court......as would Griffin-Howard.

What makes you think Dwight Howard or any "star" for that matter will even want to sign with the Wizards? You think he'd want to go from a talent loaded consecutive playoff appearance team in the Orlando Magic where he at least has a shot at a ring to the rebuilding Wizards full of unproven draft picks who can't even muster up 25 wins and probably won't be competitive for a few more seasons? Dwight isn't stupid, he knows that he is in his prime and athletes know that if they want a legit shot at a championship, they better seize the moment now with a good team because when their skills decline due to age/injuries, it drops quick. We couldn't even keep the scrub Mike Bibby here, as he wanted a buyout because he didn't want to play with a rebuilding team full off projects.

Any chance of bringing an elite star here next season or the season after next may be shot. We need to focus on drafting correctly, building up the interior and defense, signing smart veterans who can contribute off of the bench, and hope that Wall buds into our star pg while adding pieces to help him out. May be a good idea to look for a better coach than Flip Colonel Saunders. He seems to not have the patience for a "rebuilding team". Once we have a decent core together and can muster up some wins and show that we can play smart basketball, then maybe a star can be lured to DC to add that final piece of the puzzle that will push us over the top.

Oh, and trade Blatche! ;)

Why not try to get Marc Gasol and Wilson Chandler? Neither are making much money at the moment and both are upgrades in positions of need.

they're both restricted free agents though, we might have to go over what they're worth to prevent their teams from matching

I wouldn't be mad if we did go after Gasol though, I like him as a player.

in regards to Chandler, alot would depend on the lockout situation. if there's no basketball next year (very likely), we'd probably end up with a high 2012 draft pick where I think we could find a SF prospect that would ultimately be better than Chandler

Edited by StillUnknown

So we end up with the 4th worst record. Lets hope and pray we're in the top 2(Irving could go #1 which would let us take Williams). Karma should be on our side, we actually showed heart and played with effort these last few games while the teams around us just completely tanked it.

they're both restricted free agents though, we might have to go over what they're worth to prevent their teams from matching

I wouldn't be mad if we did go after Gasol though, I like him as a player.

in regards to Chandler, alot would depend on the lockout situation. if there's no basketball next year (very likely), we'd probably end up with a high 2012 draft pick where I think we could find a SF prospect that would ultimately be better than Chandler

If their teams match that's fine, no harm done. I'd just like this roster rid of bad depth and start thinking two deep as often as possible. Marc Gasol starting with McGee behind him is a major upgrade from McGee/Seraphin. Chandler and a rookie prospect is better than the D league showcase we've had all season. Also if you want to attract a star you won't do it with a thin lineup and anonymous depth or with a completely unproven roster.

You all seen this African kid who's gonna be in the draft? Bismack Biyombo. He's come out of no where and is shooting up draft boards. For example, nbadraft.net has him going middle of the 2nd round and draftexpress has him at #7. 6'9" with a 7'7" wingspan and ridiculous ups. They say he blocks shots with his elbows. Raw as hell but he bangs downlow and plays defense like no other.

Tired of Manute Bol projects. Name one african born player besides maybe Olajuwan that has been a top 3 star in this league? I want solid rookies that can contribute now.

But maybe the best point guard prospect the league has seen in a few years?

Yes, "prospect", but not yet "proven". I don't think John Wall is at a level right now that will attract a star to play with him. Chris Paul, Derron Williams, Derrick Rose, and Rajon Rondo are all at that level right now. Hopefully Wall will be there in a couple of years, but we don't know for sure if he will or not. Yeah he can score and get to the bucket, but he still has a ways to go when it comes to commanding the floor and being a general.

And it seems like in todays NBA, you can throw all of the money you want at a free agent star player. If your roster sucks, they'll look another way. Nowadays, they'd rather take less money and go to a title contender rather than cash out on a max deal with a celler dweller team.

But maybe the best point guard prospect the league has seen in a few years?

I don't see it. If you want a free agent all star you need a good team that can compete. A place a star can go thinking either they are contenders or my addition will make them contenders. I don't see Dwight Howard coming here because we'd basically be the Orlando Magic all over again complete with Rashard Lewis.