Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

McGee with an NBA high for the year 9 blocks already. Dude kills me.

It just goes to show how far talent will get you. You can have all of it in the world, it might get you oohs and awes, but until you compliment that with some desire, some want, you will never be as good as you can be.

Edited by MLSKINS

Wall's shot is getting better. He's still scared to pull the trigger from time to time but his comfort zone is growig.

McGee with 11 blocls now.

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 10:09 PM ----------

12 blocks.

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 10:18 PM ----------

McGee with a double-double: 12 blocks and 12 rebounds. First NBA with 12 blocks since Keon Clark in 2001. First player with a blocks/rebounds double-double since the Great Mormon Hope Shawn Bradly did it in 1998. I think he's one point away from a triple-double.

Jesus Christ...is anyone else watching this? McGee can have the game of his life and still do the dumbest/laziest **** that you won't see anywhere else in the league.

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 10:20 PM ----------

Their entire gameplan is now focused on getting that McGee that one point. Shooting airball fadeaways, dribbling the ball off his knee, like four possessions in a row now. 1:30 left.

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 10:23 PM ----------

Wall with the double-double, 17 points, 10 rebounds.

Real curious to see McGee's reaction if he doesn't get this point. He's desperate for it

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 10:24 PM ----------

Wow, what a ****ing clown. He jammed home the triple double, screamed and hung on the rim like they just won the championship (they're down 20 with 20 seconds left) and got T'd up for excessive celebration. Yup. He's a winner.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Lol you guys kill me this game is way over the guy played his heart out feed the man too let him get the achievement.

Glad his personal achievement overshadowed the 20-point loss.

Really reminds me of Andray Blatche's triple-double moment. Funny how that works out huh?

At least they actually won that game though.

Glad his personal achievement overshadowed the 20-point loss.

Really reminds me of Andray Blatche's triple-double moment. Funny how that works out huh?

At least they actually won that game though.

Don't forget McGee trying to dunk from the FT line while being blown out against Sacramento

And if you go back and look at my posts, I was clearly rooting for the guy to get it. It just started to rub me the wrong one when the fadeaway airball went down, and then his technical foul for excessive celebration in a 20-point loss, sealed the bitterness for me. Loser.

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 10:45 PM ----------

Don't forget McGee trying to dunk from the FT line while being blown out against Sacramento

and this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D_rjoyx9D8

And I think there's one more.

Champion.

Let's get real people every player in the league would do the same thing. The game was clearly out of reach I can see if he did that when it was a game but the game was over. Put your blind hatred of the man away for just one moment.

The dunk from the free throw line just just immaturity game was over less than a minute still.

This game was lost because of turnovers one player had 7

Lol you guys kill me this game is way over the guy played his heart out feed the man too let him get the achievement.

Yeah wow. I agree. You all are managing to criticize him for getting an absurdly special triple double in a game that was over in a season that has long since been lost. Give McGee his due.

Ok. McGee had a great all-around game.

Tracy Murray also scored 50 points in a game once.

Tons of people in the NBA (let alone Washington) has their brief moments in the sun. I'm sure Kwame had a few games where people said, "Hey; this kid may have gotten the hint."

I bet McGee follows up today's game with 5 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks

Yes because as I was actually watching the entire game and logging every single block he had on here (as well as the history behind the stat) I wasn't appreciating his performance. I'm a hater.

But lets flip this around real quick:you all have no problem with him picking up a technical foul for excessive celebration when his TEAM is losing by 20 points with 20 seconds left in a game?

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 12:35 AM ----------

Ok. McGee had a great all-around game.

Tracy Murray also scored 50 points in a game once.

I have no idea why, but that Tracy Murray 50 pointer is as vivid a memory as any game in Bullets/Wizards history for me. I really don't know why. I remember where I watched it, remember who played, hell I might even remember the score. I think maybe because it was just so out of no where (Murray wasn't a bad player though) it sticks out so much.

You are in denial if you think we are tanking. We arent tanking.

We are definitely tanking right now. When Yi gets 41 minutes, it's safe to say that is what's happening. We sat five of our players tonight for various minor injuries, two of which happened to be our best scorers.

The season has been over for months. There is no reason not to tank, so the fact that we are doing it doesn't bother me.

But lets flip this around real quick:you all have no problem with him picking up a technical foul for excessive celebration when his TEAM is losing by 20 points with 20 seconds left in a game?

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 12:35 AM ----------

Who the hell cares stop ****ing man there's plenty things too cry about than a guy dunking and hanging on the rim getting there first triple double with 15'seconds left on the clock down by 20. Let him have his moment he had an killer game. The team as a whole played hard just couldn't match a great bulls team for 4quarters.

GACOLB...I bet he loves playing McGee in NBA Live '11 or NBA 2k11 or whatever NBA video game there is...

Just imagine if video games had some type of penalty for low basketball iq. You push block and instead of jumping for a block you back off... or you simply bite for the pump fake without pushing a button...

But honestly he has every right to be pissed off if he paid good money to watch the Wizards pefrom and one of them says "screw it, I'm not going to give 100%"... don't know why fans would fill up the Verizon Center either...

Edited by Fergasun

All this hate on McGee makes no sense to me. The guy isn't great I get it but centers don't grow on trees and you can count the good ones on one hand. Having a bad center is an NBA reality and the "good ones" strike me as being not-so-good by historic NBA standards. There just aren't great centers these days and ****ing isn't going to change it. Consider the Laker's wouldn't trade Bynum, an injury prone good not great player, for a straight up NBA star like Carmelo... that should tell you how rare a decent center is and how hard replacing them is at the moment.

What we can upgrade, and need to badly, is both forward positions. SF where we arguably have the most proven talent is not producing at all. Our PF's are soft and ridiculous. Both of those positions can not be excused by a massive lack of talent effecting the entire league.

The fact that we have Wall, a point guard key stone to the rebuild, has cemented the need for a front court upgrade. The easiest way to do that is increase the production of our forwards. Hopefully Jordan Crawford or Nick Young can learn to be efficient enough to justify a starting role.

Any ideas? On how we can get 35-40 points from our fowards? :) should be simple right haha

Edited by Destino

As a general rule, centers take forever to develop. McGee is only in his third year and his first as a starter (albeit with limited minutes). But he's still leading our team in PER with a number that Hollinger considers in the range of a solid starting quality player. McGee also brings one thing to the table already where he is freakishly good--he's got to be top 5 in the NBA in his ability to play above the rim. He's at least a top 5 shot blocker and if he ever gets more consistently aggressive, he could be a top 10 rebounder.

He's offensively unrefined and he's a streaky defender that plays careless. But he's a young center and that is the norm. I think he could definitely be upgraded from an offensive standpoint. But I think we should only try and do that if the right opportunity falls into our lap (like say, we're in position to draft Andre Drummond one of these years).

As an illustration of how long it takes for centers to come around, look how long it took for Kendrick Perkins to become a good starter and he's on the opposite end of the spectrum from McGee. He's a super tough, gritty, blue-collar, high IQ player. But he wasn't any good until year 5 or 6 in the league. I think McGee will come around.

The guy plays for numbers and highlights. The only thing that's improved for him is his raw numbers but he still makes the same idiotic mistakes he made when he was a rookie.

Trade him because he won't be worth a contract extension. The face of this franchise has called him out numerous times now. I've read accounts of people who sit near the bench of how frustrated Wall and Saunders get with McGee. I know people who've talked to Leonsis about McGee tell me that Leonsis can't stand McGee's stupidity on the floor.

What makes all of this worse is the fact that his work ethic sucks.

What is this? A yearly embarrassment this franchise has to bear because of a selfish player trying to pad his stats? The 12 blocks is really impressive but it still doesn't negate the awful job he's done all year in the paint.

I'd rather have a team of winners who play with heart and motivation rather than losers like Blatche and McGee who play for stats and highlights.

Edited by No Excuses

We've been hard on Javale all year and for good reason...but him getting his last two points last night was NOT his fault. Flip left him in the game and they were running plays for him JUST so he could get his triple-double. It's whatever. 12 blocks is flat out AMAZING. It was a rather unusual triple-double and I'm glad he got it. The only issue I had with it was the yell after the dunk...

Let me ask you all this...what's the difference between the Timberwolves leaving Kevin Love in games where they are getting blown out JUST for the sake of racking up more rebounds/keeping the streak alive at the time?

There is a big time double-standard because McGee is universally laughed at, and Love is and All-Star.

Let me ask you all this...what's the difference between the Timberwolves leaving Kevin Love in games where they are getting blown out JUST for the sake of racking up more rebounds/keeping the streak alive at the time?

There is a big time double-standard because McGee is universally laughed at, and Love is and All-Star.

The Timberwolves don't suck because of Kevin Love. He's a productive player who contributes positively on the court.

The Wizards suck partially because of how worthless McGee is on defense and as a rebounder.