Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd rather see the centers face off in a free throw shooting competition than a dunk contest. The uncontested dunk is one of the most over rated actions in sports. The dunk contest makes it even worse by forcing us to watch them miss a billion times before they actually get it to work.

Edited by Destino

Don't take it personal. Bubble Screen hates life.

I just invited him in here. Can't wait to hear this. If anything, Wall might be the most underrated player in the league.

No he wont come in here. He private messaged me and said he owned you all and that you guys couldnt back anything up and all you did was talk trash.

A certain someone ;)  claims that John Wall is overrated. We all know this. But here's his justification for why he believes that:

Dude, I've stated that Wall is overrated by his fans. He is. And I said he wasn't a top 5 PG. Hes not. Getting in as a RESEVE validates that.

Did you guys read that? Getting in as a reserve in an All-Star game, validates that he is overrated and is not a top 5 point guard. Now for those who didnt catch whats so hilarious about that, ill break it down for you:

1. Starters are voted in by the fans. ANY FANS. Any person, no matter how much knowledge they have on basketball, can vote. Hell, even girls (or guys) who have crushes on certain players can vote in someone to be a starter. In other words, the all star starters is all about POPULARITY. Real basketball fans know this. Thats why Kobe, who has only played 6 games this season, was voted in as a starter.

2. Reserves, are voted in by coaches. people with actual knowledge about the game of basketball. People that see first hand what players do and how they play on the court. If anything, many can argue being voted in as a reserve has much more credibility than being voted in by any ordinary fan.

Im sure most of you guys know this already. But this certain someone ;)  clearly does not. I'm sorry dude, but i just could not let this one pass lol this was too funny. He wont even read this cause he's avoiding this thread along with the Nats thread cause apparently he destroyed you guys in there.

But anyway, i thought it was funny so i shared. 

Edited by Ozymandias

I'd rather see the centers face off in a free throw shooting competition than a dunk contest. The uncontested dunk is one of the most over rated actions in sports. The dunk contest makes it even worse by forcing us to watch them miss a billion times before they actually get it to work.

Yeah that's the dumbest part of all. The only tolerable way to watch the thing is to just catch a 30 second highlight clip of the dunks that were made.

Dont feed the troll.

Beal should be an All Star as well. No SG in the East is better.

Eh, I think it's debateable about Beal. Beal has been hurt this season and missed time. And he was in a long slump after he got back from his injury.

I'd agree with the statement: "Beal is the most talented SG in the East." But just based on this year's performance, I think DeRozan had a better case. But truth be told, they should have taken an extra PG instead and brought Lowry. Lowry was deserving and Paul George and Kyrie Irving can play PG next to Wall/Lowry.

Weakness John Wall top 10 I have ever seen. They did him no justice with this...

I wouldn't say that. The only one I thought was weak was the open court reverse dunk they had at #4. All of those drives were flat out incredible. Breathtaking. In most of them he's beating two defenders. In the one against Atlanta he beat three. With Westbrook and Rose down, there's no one else in the NBA that can do that right now.

They could have done a top ten just of his chase down blocks. Those things are spectacular.

But I wouldn't have minded seeing them include some of the crazy jumpers he's hit this year instead of all drives. Like the 30 foot threes he's drained. Or the fadeaway off one leg he drained a little while back that I think was a go ahead basket in the clutch.

Against the Bulls maybe? I know what you're talking about

Might be this one?

http://stats.nba.com//cvp.html?SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Season=2013-14&TeamID=1610612764&PlayerID=202322&GameID=0021300585&ContextMeasure=FGM&ContextFilter=TEAM_GAME_LOCATION%3D%27Home%27#

The one at the bottom is his last made FG.

Now I'm confused though, because I thought he made it from the right elbow.

That step back three at the end of the Miami win was also pretty damn nice. But that came at the end of a blowout.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/john-wall-admits-obvious-kevin-durant-would-fit-wizards-uniform/

John Wall admits obvious: Kevin Durant would 'fit' in Wizards uniform

This is a minor detail, but Trevor Booker is a restricted free agent after this season, and if he's still with the Wizards come 2016 he'll have to agree in advance to give up No. 35. That jersey belongs to Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder, and at that time he'll likely be the NBA's most sought-after free agent. Like every other team in chase of a championship, the Wizards will make a run at the hometown product and point guard John Wall can't deny that he already has thought about it.

"The main thing is focusing on our team, but you look at those things and see when opportunities can come to try to make your team better," Wall said Friday after practice at Verizon Center as the Wizards prepared to play the Thunder on Saturday. "(He'd) fit in."

Wall has said he refuses to "beg" free agents to come play with him, but Durant could be the exception. Wall, a first-time All-Star, sees the bigger picture as the first year of a five-year, $80 million deal he signed last summer kicks in starting with the 2014-15 season. He'll need the help.  

The only other players under contract for that Summer of Durant: Martell Webster (non-guaranteed, $5.8 million), Otto Porter ($5.9 million, assuming the final-year option on his rookie scale contract is picked up) and Bradley Beal (restricted free agent, eligible to sign an extension before then).

Wall chuckles at the though of Durant in the red white and blue. The allure is undeniable. Durant is on a tear, scoring 30 or more points in each of his last 12 games going into Friday's game at the Brooklyn Nets.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Might be this one?

http://stats.nba.com//cvp.html?SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Season=2013-14&TeamID=1610612764&PlayerID=202322&GameID=0021300585&ContextMeasure=FGM&ContextFilter=TEAM_GAME_LOCATION%3D%27Home%27#

The one at the bottom is his last made FG.

Now I'm confused though, because I thought he made it from the right elbow.

That step back three at the end of the Miami win was also pretty damn nice. But that came at the end of a blowout.

You're right, it did come at the right elbow. We're thinking of the same thing. Damn, that's gonna bug me now.

And Randy, how ****ing amazing would it be if Durant came here? Goddamn that would be such a game changer. Not just for the league but for sports in this area.

• Like 1

Durant + Wall + Beal could run the league. They could win six straight rings and score 120 points a game. He needs to come here. It's not going to happen which is agonizing. Oklahoma sucks. Westbrook is holding you back. John Wall and Bradley Beal can have you winning and scoring like Jordan Durant. Hang out with RGIII. Play in front of the president. Win a bunch of rings for your hometown.

He absolutely would change the entire sports landscape of DC. Make us one of the greatest basketball cities and one of the most storied NBA franchises.

Everyone in DC would like KD coming here. For whatever reason, I see him as more a Tim Duncan type where he'll stay with with his small market team...and probably win a few titles there. Good for him I guess. A friend who was in OKC for work and checked out a Thunder game said its like a college football atmosphere. People are nuts for them there.