Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Durant held under 30 and we win comfortably.

Ariza MVP tonight. He should make All NBA Defense 2nd team(obv Lebron will get 1st team).

Don't forget about Paul George.

Ariza won't make the team but the dude has been fantastic this season. He's a truly brilliant defender.

Give Sefolosha his due.  He was hard on the youngster tonight.

Yeah he's a junk yard dog. Beal has to work for his space. Especially because Trevor Booker doesn't set very good picks...

But Beal missed a lot of open shots, especially from three. It wasn't his night.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/asked-and-answered-durant-playing-wizards

Asked and answered: Durant on playing for Wizards

Durant spoke with the media pregame. In between questions about the Thunder's current 10-game winning streak, there were several queries about the D.C. born/Seat Pleasant raised player's ties to the area.

"I grew up here. I've got 100 people coming to the game tonight. That should tell you how much I care for this city," said the smiling superstar to a throng of reporters and cameras while sitting in front of his cubicle in the Thunder's locker room. "Just growing up here, catching the subway down to the MCI Center at the time as a kid, and watching the games. I'm very fortunate, blessed to come back here and play. Every part of D.C. is embedded in my heart. Looking forward to playing tonight."

Yes, kids, the Verizon Center previously had a different name. Anyway, there were more questions about this and that while many of us starred at the computerized massage machine the 6-foot-11 Durant had working on his incredibly long legs. After about eight minutes of pleasant Q&A, the Thunder's PR rep said there was time for one more. I jumped in, asking Durant if he ever thinks about playing home games in his hometown even if just at the end of his career.

"I spent a lot of money on tickets today. Imagine if I play here," the former Montrose Christian star cracked. All around laughed, while waiting to see if the potential league MVP would provide an actual answer. He did, sort of.

"I haven't given it any thought," Durant said. "Growing up here, taking the train to down to Gallery Place, Chinatown to come watch these games as a kid, I never really thought about coming home to play. I love Oklahoma City. I love coming here and visiting. Hopefully...we can get a win tonight. That's all I'm thinking about."

Well, I didn't hear a no...

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH