Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2014/01/31/wizards-glen-rice-jr-happy-to-be-back-after-d-league-stint/

Wizards’ Glen Rice Jr. happy to be back after D-League stint

If he hadn’t already experienced life in the NBA Development League and gained an appreciation for its benefits, Glen Rice Jr. might have had a different opinion when the Wizards assigned him to the Iowa Energy almost two weeks ago.

When he was recalled earlier this week after playing three games that increased the confidence he had in his surgically repaired right wrist and his overall game, Rice didn’t have any complaints. Rice hadn’t been demoted; he was unleashed.

“Some people are down on the D-League or look at it as a punishment,” Rice said. “For me, it was just, I had already been down there. So it was getting comfortable and being in a league that I was familiar with. It wasn’t too much of an adjustment. The only adjustment I had was not playing for a while.”

Rice averaged 24.3 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2.7 blocks and two steals in a rehabilitation stint that was necessitated because of the limited repetitions that he would’ve been allotted in games and practices.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Durant is from DC aint he? Big Skins fan, I know that. Come on home KD!

Wishful thinking I know. But we're DC sports fans, that's all we have to cling to.

He's from PG County, right outside the District. He's a Washingtonian.

We actually produce a ton of basketball players here. Example, Durant played with Ty Lawson and Michael Beasley on his local AAU squad. I remember watching Grant Hill play for South Lakes HS as a kid (my aunt was a cheerleader for Herndon at the time, hence why I was there.)

Don't know if this has been shared yet. Martell gets predictions from the team on the Super Bowl. Martell is one funny dude lol...

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos/out-of-bounds-martells-super-bowl-interviews

Yup. I LOVE Martell. And as I've said before, I could sooo see him replacing Phil one day after Phil retires and becomes the new color guy for Wizards broadcasts. I think he would be GREAT at it (not bad for someone who came into the league straight from high school--obviously a REALLY smart guy). I so hope it happens.

Watching NBA Ticket of whatever, I realized our love for Buck and Phil isn't just some blinded, hometown, Homer bias ****. Hearing and comparing them to other local broadcast teams in the League, they honestly might be the best announcing team out there (keeping it local, ditto the Nats radio broadcast team. Shame Larry Michaels and the Nats TV team suck so much).

Phil is starting to get old though. Probably his retirement will come at the same time as Webster's from the League. So it would work perfectly. Hope Buck sticks around for awhile after that. And we continue have a great broadcast team. How old is he btw? Buck I mean. Anyone know?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2014/02/01/wizards-john-wall-admits-hed-make-a-pitch-for-kevin-durant-in-2016/

Wall and Durant both share the same trainer, Rob McClanaghan, and worked out together a few times last summer in Los Angeles. Wall didn’t deny that has already started planting seeds about Durant playing in Washington.

“I throw a little slick shots here and there,” Wall said on Friday with a laugh.

“Try something.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH