Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

What? That's what "hatin'" is. Being objective has nothing to do with it. If people were objective we wouldn't see burning jersey's in the streets.

He brought up something from 2010.  I showed how he made the 180.  Dude blatantly said he's ignoring it and called him illiterate. 

He brought up something from 2010.  I showed how he made the 180.  Dude blatantly said he's ignoring it and called him illiterate. 

Well, I'm not saying he's illiterate. But the story says as told to Lee Jenkins. Dude has a PR team, as he should. That probably means somebody wrote this for him based on some back and forth and a little coaching on what to say. Its not like he's joining a ready to win team this time. So, the "hate" should be less this time around compared to taking the easier path.

I don't know if he made a 180 or has better people helping him craft these messages. There is nothing wrong with that. CEOs use that same method all the time. They practice with their PR people before speeches and announcements. 

Well, I'm not saying he's illiterate. But the story says as told to Lee Jenkins. Dude has a PR team, as he should. That probably means somebody wrote this for him based on some back and forth and a little coaching on what to say. Its not like he's joining a ready to win team this time. So, the "hate" should be less this time around compared to taking the easier path.

I don't know if he made a 180 or has better people helping him craft these messages. There is nothing wrong with that. CEOs use that same method all the time. They practice with their PR people before speeches and announcements. 

I know this as I've worked in PR....however, it doesn't take anything away from how well the letter was penned.  What happened in 2010 helped shape who he is today.  His letter was powerful and served a purpose much greater than playing basketball.  If dude had that opinion of Lebron AFTER reading the letter, that's one thing.  However, to call him illiterate and say that you're not going to read it...well, it's hard for me to take your opinion seriously...

Edited by RonArtest15

I am in PR working for Biotechs and VCs.

I'm saying that "as told to" or "as dictated to" does change something about it.

This is a step in the right direction to rebuilding a connection with hurt fans up there. But how he handles the ups and more importantly the downs back there is what will make a difference. A letter will never do that.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

David Blatt is coach. International coach who was held in pretty high regard.

If they get Love, I would make them the favorites to come out the east.

If Chicago gets Melo, I think they're the favorites.

Let's assume Melo goes to Chicago and Love goes to Cleveland:

1.) Chicago

2.) Cleveland

3.) Indy

4.) Washington

Is what I'm thinking. Though Indy could take a big step back if they don't get their chemistry issues sorted out and/or lose Lance Stephenson.

A potential super team in Cleveland makes it essential for the Wizards to have max contract space in the summer of 2016. Because when the Cavs get rolling, the only way we're beating them is with Durant.

Ariza on a two year deal.

If Chicago gets Melo, I think they're the favorites.

Let's assume Melo goes to Chicago and Love goes to Cleveland:

1.) Chicago

2.) Cleveland

3.) Indy

4.) Washington

Is what I'm thinking. Though Indy could take a big step back if they don't get their chemistry issues sorted out and/or lose Lance Stephenson.

A potential super team in Cleveland makes it essential for the Wizards to have max contract space in the summer of 2016. Because when the Cavs get rolling, the only way we're beating them is with Durant.

Ariza on a two year deal.

I gotta see Rose before I can put Chicago w/ Melo in the contenders category. No telling what Rose looks like when he gets back.

If the Bulls get Melo, I have them neck and neck w/ the Cavs.  However, a lot of that depends on who the bulls would have to give up in a S&T.  If I'm the Knicks, I want to bring Taj Gibson back home.  That's where the talks start, and obviously get some draft picks.  I really fell as though that the Knicks would be better served to let Melo walk and try to rebuild under Phil.  They'll have a VERY valuable trade asset in Amar'e as well.  Balance of power has shifted to an extent in the East and the Knicks, even with re-signing Melo, are a long way away from being a real threat. 

You're lame. I wish I was wrong.

Hurting other people won't send away your hurts, blessings on you brother. 

Out of curiosity, are you a Wizards fan?

Yeah Braves, I am. I just wish that our organization had a desire to go after a big time player like Lebron to at least add excitement to our organization, instead of just settling for mediocre.  I think we'll be good and I am proud of the team this year, it's just we always settle for bronze instead of going for gold. 

• Like 1

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/wizards-add-assistant-coach-terps-womens-hoops-team

Wizards add assistant coach from Terps women's hoops team

The Wizards have hired David Adkins, an assistant on Brenda Freese's coaching staff with the University of Maryland women's basketball team, as a player development assistant, CSNwashington has learned.

Adkins, 50, spent the five past seasons at Maryland. The Terps reached the Final Four in 2014.

A spot opened up with Washington when assistant coach Ryan Saunders left to join the  Minnesota Timberwolves where his father, Flip, took over as head coach this offseason.

Freese pridefully discussed Adkins' move on Twitter and posed a question as well

W/great pride we congratulate our own @coachadkins on being hired by @NBA @WashWizards to develop their players. Love dreams come true.

Adkins' bio

Adkins has helped develop the games of five NBA players and trained many more, two McDonald's All-Americans, three Jordan All-Americans, three Maryland Gatorade Players of the Year, four Parade All-Americans and three Washington Post Players of the Year during his time teaching the game as a high school assistant, camp counselor and in private workouts. Additionally, Adkins has trained several high-profile European professionals, including former Maryland standout Nik Caner-Medley.

Over the course of his career, he has helped ripen the games of five NBA players and many Division I athletes such as Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Linas Kleiza (Toronto Raptors), Greivis Vasquez (Memphis Grizzlies), Austin Freeman (Georgetown), Jeff Peterson (Arkansas), Jerai Grant (Clemson), Victor Oladipo (Indiana) and Alex Len (Maryland).

He most recently coached for three years at legendary high school power DeMatha Catholic in Hyattsville, Md., helping the Stags claim two conference titles and two city titles while compiling a record of 83-20. Prior to his stint at DeMatha, Adkins spent seven seasons as an assistant at nationally-acclaimed Montrose Christian High School in Rockville, Md. During his tenure, Montrose Christian was ranked No. 1 in The Washington Post final poll in 2003, 2005 and 2006 where it finished in the USA Today Top-10 each of those years.

In total, Montrose Christian finished in the top-25 of the USA Today poll in five of Adkins' seven seasons at the school.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Now that LeBron has jumped ship, Bosh is on his way to Houston. They are already clearing cap space. Houston just shipped Jeremy Lin and a 1st round pick to LA. I don't think we'll ever see a faster demise of a franchise as we're about to witness for the Heat.

Hurting other people won't send away your hurts, blessings on you brother. 

Yeah Braves, I am. I just wish that our organization had a desire to go after a big time player like Lebron to at least add excitement to our organization, instead of just settling for mediocre.  I think we'll be good and I am proud of the team this year, it's just we always settle for bronze instead of going for gold. 

Who knows?  Maybe they did.  I'd be surprised if no query was made to Lebron's people.  Just because we weren't talked about doesn't mean that no effort was made. 

Grunfeld probably offered him a MLE and said he would start behind Ariza if he signed.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1

Winning the division doesn't mean much if you aren't a contender.  Just something to pat ourselves on the back for.  Just means we'll get run over by the Cavs in the playoffs.

Unless they get Love, I don't see that roster running over the Wizards. 

• Like 1