Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Pistons are in a bad situation with Greg Monroe and they want Ariza but don't have the cap space to sign him outright.

Ariza wants to go to the West Coast, but would probably stay here for a good offer.

Monroe would probably be interested in playing here.

Monroe could probably play PF in a front court with Gortat.

Nene is capable of coming off the bench, and in fact, is probably best coming off the bench to preserve him.

Detroit isn't going to let an asset like Monroe walk for nothing, they'll match to keep him.

Is this not the grounds for a mutually beneficial trade?

If Ariza stays here and Monroe stays in Detroit, I could definitely get behind a deal built around swapping those two. The only one who loses in that deal is Ariza.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1

Im all for Nene coming off the bench. But we would still have his salary to take care of. Also, Nene has a semi-reliable jump shot. Im not so sure Monroe does. This would make a difficult pairing with Gortat i think.

That nene jump shot he had against Chicago was an aberration. I don't think I've ever seen him hit that shot so consistently. Before Gortat the only pick n roll play this team ran was pick n pop. If Nene could shoot that consistently he'd have averaged 20ppg. That jump shot of his vanished against the Pacer's.

He also shot a free throw percentage that would make Deandre Jordan laugh during the playoffs. (.346)

I trust Monroe on offense, in any role, more than Nene.

Edited by Destino

Eh... When Nene wasnt injured, he was hitting that 17-18 ft jumper at a decent rate. Though for his standards, we was pretty bad this past year. Specifically at the free throw line. He just happened to get the jumpers right in the playoffs vs. Chicago. I think hes in a bit of a decline and hes about to play for Brazil all summer, so that shot probably wont be much better next year. But i hope im wrong.

On Thursday Thabo Sefolosha agreed to a three-year, $12 million deal with the Atlanta Hawks. 

Ariza is getting paid. Just depends on who it will be. 

Blows my mind that at the trade deadline, we were about to ship him to LA for the corpse of Caron Butler. until LA nixed the deal. Now we are going to open the bank for him.

Edited by No Excuses

FWIW, Nerlens Noel dropped 19pts, 3stls, & 3 assist in his first Summer League game against the Magic on Saturday (07/05)

Only because the wizards didn't draft him. If they had he'd have been rushed onto the court last season and would be currently recovering from another surgery. Or He'd be hosting college nights at a local strip club. Grunfeld and drafted bigs simply can't work. Edited by Destino

Holy ****. Just read that Frantz Massenat made your guys summer league squad

He played at Drexel (my school. I'm a beat reporter too there) and was a 4 year starting PG.

Hell of a leader and person. Can score and facilitate. I'm so happy for him

Saw another guy from SJU balling for the Sixers in the summer league. Philly representing. 

Otto Porter taking charge at Wizards mini-camp (VIDEO)

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/otto-porter-taking-charge-wizards-mini-camp-video

Otto Porter missed most of last season after an early injury in mini-camp. This season he is taking charger early, being assertive, and playing aggressive.

Teammates say Porter is more confident and more talkative on the court.

• Like 1

If a certain jerkwad from SJU with the name that starts with a K who cares.  Dude's a punk.  Anyone else on SJU I'm cool with.

Kanacevic? Lol dude my be a punk but he can ball. Was hoping Wiz would take a look at it.

Chill w/ the SJU slander LOL.  Jakarr Sampson is my dude.

Anyways...Wizards might be signing Kris Humphries.  He's an upgrade over Booker. 

Sampson is St Johns, we're discussing St Joe's. And yes Humphries is def an upgrade. Pretty good from midrange, but then again Booker showed a decent jumpshot this season. I think we should take a look at Ed Davis too.

Chill w/ the SJU slander LOL. Jakarr Sampson is my dude.

Anyways...Wizards might be signing Kris Humphries. He's an upgrade over Booker.

Kim's ex is fine so long as he's cheap, that deal he got from the nets was crazy. The team certainly needs a big body that can rebound. Not sure if he's an upgrade over Booker outside of rebounding though, Booker was a worker. Krus can hit a midrange jump shot but he's never been much of a scoring threat. I'm surprised Kerr hasn't signed him, he couldn't stop gushing over Booker during the playoffs calling him "his new favorite player" several times. Edited by Destino

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2014/07/08/otto-porter-glen-rice-ready-to-lead-with-wizards-in-summer-league/

Otto Porter, Glen Rice ready to lead with Wizards summer league team

All Otto Porter Jr. and Glen Rice Jr. could do last season was sit, watch and wait. They wanted to play, thought they should’ve played, but understood that there was little time for rookies to find their way on a Wizards team that delivered on owner Ted Leonsis’s playoffs-or-else ultimatum.

Porter had the least productive season ever by a third overall pick, and Rice didn’t appear in any of the final 71 games for the Wizards. But now, the floor belongs to them.

As the Wizards began a four-day mini-camp to prepare for summer league in Las Vegas, Porter and Rice understand that they will be looked upon to lead in addition to showing they deserve a shot to become rotation players next season.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH