Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Am I the only one on the Mitch McGary in the 2nd bandwagon?

Nope...Good developmental big. 

If Minnesota were in the East, Love probably would have been in the playoffs by now.

Love's a pipe dream anyway, can't imagine he's in a hurry to reunite with the guy who told him to stop shooting 3's.

It could be argued that he puts up hollow stats, but I think he'd be a great fit w/ both Wall and Beal. 

How many years ago was that?  Wittman would be an absolute fool to try to alter Love's game.  He's arguably the best stretch 4 in the league. 

Welp....the Bobcats are the Hornets again (sorta).

and......the Wizards are still the Wizards.

I'm not sure hornets is better than bobcats, I'm not one to think things are better simply because they are old. This is a common belief in sports where one can choke on the amount of meaningless "tradition" stuffed down everyone's throats.

As for the wizards... I've pretty much resigned myself to it. The fact that they've essentially abandoned that terrible wizards logo helps.

As for the wizards... I've pretty much resigned myself to it. The fact that they've essentially abandoned that terrible wizards logo helps.

I want them to go back the the Bullets but it will never happen. I hated that stupid Wizards logo so much and getting rid of it and going back to the old jerseys is so much better.

If Minnesota were in the East, Love probably would have been in the playoffs by now.

Love's a pipe dream anyway, can't imagine he's in a hurry to reunite with the guy who told him to stop shooting 3's.

Simple solution: Wait until next offseason when he's a free agent. Fire Whitman. Sign Love and a new head coach. One who's a good schemer.

Minny isn't going to let Love go for nothing. They will trade him to get top value either this summer or during next season.

Unrelated. Draft lotto is tonight. If the Lakers or Celtics get the #1 overall. Get ready for some excellent sportstalk tomorrow. 

I'm not sure hornets is better than bobcats, I'm not one to think things are better simply because they are old. This is a common belief in sports where one can choke on the amount of meaningless "tradition" stuffed down everyone's throats.

If we keep winning, Wizards will continue to grow on me.

If we make a conference finals, I will fully embrace it. I want to dress up like Gandalf.

• Like 1

Boston might end up winning the pick in which case Bill Simmons explodes with glee on air  :lol:

It is allegedly a deep draft so the Wizards won't be omitted from snagging someone good as long as the scouts and Ernie do their job right. No Europeans this time! 

Edited by ixcuincle

If we make a conference finals, I will fully embrace it. I want to dress up like Gandalf.

Wizards will never grow on me.

Ted will probably change it to the Monuments before too long anyway.

• Like 1

Boston might end up winning the pick in which case Bill Simmons explodes with glee on air  :lol:

It is allegedly a deep draft so the Wizards won't be omitted from snagging someone good as long as the scouts and Ernie do their job right. No Europeans this time!

No first rounder

If they embraced "wizards" and had an angry look and fans showed up dressed like Gandalf it could be fun. But this...

wizards2.jpg

... is an abomination. It annoyed me to death that ESPN insisted on using it during the playoffs. TNT used the ball logo, which IMO is the best logo in DC sports.

Edited by Destino

I don't get the rush to bring in the other superstar now.  Wall and Beal are learning how to win, I'd rather stretch them by having them work out ways to win that don't include another ready made star.  Sort out the money side over the next year or so, build a bench and see what a healthy Porter looks like. 

You know if you commit to wearing it at a game if you go, in a bar watching if you don't, that it will happen?

I don't get the rush to bring in the other superstar now.  Wall and Beal are learning how to win, I'd rather stretch them by having them work out ways to win that don't include another ready made star.  Sort out the money side over the next year or so, build a bench and see what a healthy Porter looks like. 

I guess it comes down to how much success people are comfortable with having. If some are content at no longer being a laughing stock, making the playoffs as a middle seed, and perhaps winning a first round series if the match-up is right, then you can pretty much stand pat.

If you want to be contender for championships, you leverage this successful season into a star if you can over the next year or so. Stars win championships in this league, always have, always will.

• Like 1

If they embraced "wizards" and had an angry look and fans showed up dressed like Gandalf it could be fun. But this...

wizards2.jpg

... is an abomination. It annoyed me to death that ESPN insisted on using it during the playoffs. TNT used the ball logo, which IMO is the best logo in DC sports.

This is crap.

I want them to go back the the Bullets but it will never happen. I hated that stupid Wizards logo so much and getting rid of it and going back to the old jerseys is so much better.

Any possibility of going back to Bullets ended with Sandy Hook. That's just the reality that we sadly need to accept.

But yeah, remember the gold Wizards jerseys? How bad were those?

I guess it comes down to how much success people are comfortable with having. If some are content at no longer being a laughing stock, making the playoffs as a middle seed, and perhaps winning a first round series if the match-up is right, then you can pretty much stand pat.

If you want to be contender for championships, you leverage this successful season into a star if you can over the next year or so. Stars win championships in this league, always have, always will.

You're assuming that Wall and Beal aren't/won't be stars though.

i dont think he is.

They can become top tier players, but the limitations of this team will still be the same.

The Wizards should be thinking about how to win an NBA title, not how to make the playoffs. But I fear that is all that Leonsis and Co. are worried about. Just making the playoffs.

I'm assuming they both will, but I don't think we need to get the big man this off season. If the right guy is available etc then this year is great, but waiting one or max two years for the right guy/contract is fine too.

So was Gortat worth the 18th pick in this draft for a one year rental? That's the reality if the team lets him walk.

The answer is no. The only way the trade makes sense is if he stays at a reasonable number.

As a one year rental, no.  Re-signing him to a reasonable deal, then yes. 

Guess I just regurgitated what you just said LOL.