Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I can't bear to watch these last 5 minutes.

I'm also getting real tired of seeing our opponents get 40 FT attempts to our 20.

One more- Also getting real tired of seeing the Wiz run the same ****ing play for the final 5 minutes.

Hard to draw fouls in a jump shooting offense.

They are starting to pile up. The more pressure the worse they play. We are going to get murdered in the playoffs.

I don't think we'll get murdered. So long as Nene is back. But we won't win. And it won't be close.

Wall was pretty bad in crunch time. I don't want to see Wall passing the ball to Ariza at the beginning of a set and then watch Ariza flail around for 7 seconds, on the verge of turning it over the entire time, only to reset and force up a crap shot. We either need to run set plays or Wall needs to take over.

And can we finally do away with this stupid ****ing rotation that doesn't bring Wall and Gortat back into the fourth quarter until the six minute mark? They're totally cold most nights while the other team's starters have been in for minutes and are totally in rhythm. Not one other team does this with their starters. Randy is literally just using the same substitution pattern from the first half in the second. He is such a lightweight.

Randy really ****ing blows.

At least the Nats won.

I don't think we'll get murdered. So long as Nene is back. But we won't win. And it won't be close.

Wall was pretty bad in crunch time. I don't want to see Wall passing the ball to Ariza at the beginning of a set and then watch Ariza flail around for 7 seconds, on the verge of turning it over the entire time, only to reset and force up a crap shot. We either need to run set plays or Wall needs to take over.

And can we finally do away with this stupid ****ing rotation that doesn't bring Wall and Gortat back into the fourth quarter until the six minute mark? They're totally cold most nights while the other team's starters have been in for minutes and are totally in rhythm. Not one other team does this with their starters. Randy is literally just using the same substitution pattern from the first half in the second. He is such a lightweight.

At least the Nats won.

The problem is that the wizards are going to face a good defense in the first round. Toronto, Indy, or Miami. Indy might be the best case scenario considering how they are unraveling but I wouldn't count on it. When Wittman's offense is game planned against and teams take the ball out of Walls hands.... I think we might score less than 75 in at least one game and average in the 80s.

I came into this thread this morning to post this exact point. I was screaming "Put the starters back in Wittman" in the 4th quarter from the time we had a 14 point lead until he put them back in when we had a 6 point lead. WTF!?! The starters had rested the entire second period! John Thompson II or whatever number he is said in the post game on CSN that we lost becauase of our inability to run our half court offense (too much standing around - no one moving) and I thought it was due to keeping the starters out too long in the 4th.

Either way it comes down to poor ****ing coaching!

Officiating definitely wasn't good. But we had too many breakdowns in the last 6 to 7 minutes of the game. Lots of turnovers. Lots of offensive rebounds given up. Totally flummoxed on offense. We played awful basketball and earned our loss.

But that sequence where Kemba Walker fouled Beal after he got the rebound and the loose ball went straight to Al Jefferson for the easy score was absolutely killer. That absolutely should have been called.

To blow that lead and lose that game was all too telling. Maybe it's the absence of Nene finally catching up to them but I'm tired of trying to wrap my mind around these collapses against supposedly inferior squads.

The Wizards are just not a legitimate contender and won't be until they have a legitimate coaching staff. I'll enjoy our brief trip to the playoffs and pray that Teddy and EG come to their senses at season's end. 

I'm going to flip my desk over if we fall past 6th

And we need a real coach, Wits sub rotations are so awful, he barely knows when to use a TO and he doesnt call any plays but Beal off a screen. Even in the Bulletsforver article Gortat said something along the lines of Wall has to do all the coaching.

Edited by Mocountyskins

I don't want Wall to have his coach changed again and I don't want him to be a coach killer and communicate dissatistfaction with the coaches to management. But I also don't believe in Randy at all and I don't want watch a team that he coaches for the next few years.

Is there a single fan that believes in Wittman? Is there a single one of us who wants him to be our coach moving forward?

I don't want Wall to have his coach changed again and I don't want him to be a coach killer and communicate dissatistfaction with the coaches to management. But I also don't believe in Randy at all and I don't want watch a team that he coaches for the next few years.

Is there a single fan that believes in Wittman? Is there a single one of us who wants him to be our coach moving forward?

Wittmans mom believes in Wittman and thats it.  John had what 1 coach before Witt right? It was just flip I thought. Witt took over as HC halfway into a season. But Ernie is incompetent and Ted is cheap, so they just allowed Witt to keep going since "why spend money on a hc when you have a crap team" Well now the Wiz are a mediocre team and require an upgrade at coach. Witt knows nothing I feel like I know more than he does. Witt gets heckled at almost every game. Everyone on Bulletsforever hates Witt and thinks he is clueless i mean for crying out loud one game the Wiz needed a O rebound to have a shot at winning and he took out all the bigs for some reason and guess what? They didn't get the rebound. He played Maynor more than 1 minute. He doesnt have his players rotate on D. He doesn't call TOs, his subs are terrible, he sat Wall for until the 5 minute mark on the 4th q in close games. He played beal 36+ minues a game on a knee that is fragile. The man is clueless.