Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Interesting how they put Gordon on Wall. Got to figure it's either because Vasquez is a bad defender or Gordon is too short to cover Temple.

---------- Post added March-15th-2013 at 08:34 PM ----------

Randy is playing the Wall, Okafor, Webster, and Temple too much in the third. He should rest them to end the quarter and get them some blow.

Interesting how they put Gordon on Wall. Got to figure it's either because Vasquez is a bad defender or Gordon is too short to cover Temple.

---------- Post added March-15th-2013 at 08:34 PM ----------

Randy is playing the Wall, Okafor, Webster, and Temple too much in the third. He should rest them to end the quarter and get them some blow.

I don't think height matters when talking about guarding temple. He is not an offensive option. They are keeping Gordon on him because he has more speed.

I kinda like this version of Wall.

The Wall we've seen the last three games is a max player. The Wall scoring an inefficient 16 or less and turning the ball over too much is not. If his shot improves he can easily average 20 and that changes everything. Has to be season averages though, or a long enough stretch to believe it could be.

He's been playing like a top 5 point guard for three games. It's a start and I'm hoping he has turned the corner. We are due dammit!

Edited by Destino

Dang Porter had a turnover to seal the loss.

---------- Post added March-15th-2013 at 10:15 PM ----------

Rubio is such a flopping punk.

Rough day for McLemore, Burke, and Porter. I can't see the UCLA game but it looks like a rough day for Shabazz so far as well. I don't think today effects their draft stock at all but it didn't really teach us anything about those guys. Not a bad game but also not a great game from Oladipo. Not an eye popping performance from Len. The only guy whose really showed out so far is Zeller. I'm going to try and watch Marcus Smart and Bennett too but I'm about tapped out on basketball for today.

The Wall we've seen the last three games is a max player. The Wall scoring an inefficient 16 or less and turning the ball over too much is not. If his shot improves he can easily average 20 and that changes everything. Has to be season averages though, or a long enough stretch to believe it could be.

He's been playing like a top 5 point guard for three games. It's a start and I'm hoping he has turned the corner. We are due dammit!

I agree.

We've seen flashes of a max player over the last 3 years, hopefully he uses this stretch of games to springboard to more consistent style play. Not saying he has to be 20/10 every night, just a more efficient player.

Edited by StillUnknown

If we don't get Nerlens or Zeller, I want us to draft baby Grandmama. Bennett is one of the most entertaining players I've seen this year. That kid is so talented. He could be the kind of scoring front court player we need for when Nene gets old.

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 01:50 AM ----------

Bennett finished with 19 points on 8 shots. He's good.

Wall's March averages look like a max contract point guard.

19.9ppg .513fg% 4.5rpg 7.6apg 3.3to

His February numbers look like a 5million dollar point guard.

13.3ppg .377fg% 3.6rpg 8.2apg 4.3to

It will be interesting to see if he can show the type of consistency through the end of this season and next season that indicate that he can maintain a high level of play.

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 04:18 PM ----------

If we don't get Nerlens or Zeller, I want us to draft baby Grandmama. Bennett is one of the most entertaining players I've seen this year. That kid is so talented. He could be the kind of scoring front court player we need for when Nene gets old.

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 01:50 AM ----------

Bennett finished with 19 points on 8 shots. He's good.

He's a tiny PF by NBA standards, 6'7 in shoes, and his wingspan while good doesn't make up for his lack of size. I think best case scenario for him is to come off the bench at both the 3 and 4 until he can get in good enough shape to play the 3 primarily.

Edited by Destino

Just saw little piece of Wittman snapping on a reporter insenuating that he was lying about Beal's health status. Watching that it hit me why the players like him. As fans we may be frustrated with him on an Xs and Os front, but he brings a certain attitude that the players respect. You see it on defense and you see if when the players give interviews. He may not be perfect, but he is a part of the culture change in DC.

Also saw Beal expected to play tonight. Not sure if he's going to start, but I would really like to see Beal, Wall, and Webster play like a big 3 tonight. We've already moved ourselves closer and closer to the middle of the draft, we might as well grow as a team and try to end this season with a respectable record. As I fan, with all the injuries and BS we've been through, I can live with that...

Suns playing like a team that doesn't want to lose a fourth game in a row. Wiz gotta match that if they want this win, because are showing they want it more. There are going to be nights like that, but it doesn't have to be tonight.

Edited by Renegade7

Wall not shooting jumpers like last night, but having just as big an impact. He's finding everybody out there, although I wish he wouldn't do so many jump passes.

Leading by 19, the victory cigar make see some action tonight.

Edited by StillUnknown