Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Lol does Blatche get any playing time anymore?

He's been shut down due to "conditioning".

If Cook keeps up this sort of play? Or even slightly below it? No way.

Second unit in playing smart. John better be taking notes.

Wall's had time, he was on the bench for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd quarter.

Edited by StillUnknown

I don't like the fact that Crawford is essentially our pg in the half court.

I pointed this out before in talking about Austin Rivers. Wall hasn't shown the growth people wanted and in the half court is at time a flat out liability.

360 layup attempt by wall. Bad omen lol

I'm working hard trying to convince myself that Wall's play the last couple of weeks is just a really bad slump.

Yeah I was just thinking that Jordan Crawford might actually be the best player on the team now. And I like Crawford a lot, but I think that says as much about Wall as it does Crawford

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 09:17 PM ----------

And thank you Pacers for not ****ing around tonight and making us think we actually had a chance, like you do the last two.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Sometimes it feels like we're the worst team that could possibly be and what the ****'s the point anyway?

Do we even run an offense?

How can another team seemingly scoop up every offensive board on the handful of shots they actually miss?

Got a feeling, that's how Wall sees it too.

Still not worse than the Bobcats though. Fold that ****.

Yeah I was just thinking that Jordan Crawford might actually be the best player on the team now. And I like Crawford a lot, but I think that says as much about Wall as it does Crawford

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 09:17 PM ----------

And thank you Pacers for not ****ing around tonight and making us think we actually had a chance, like you do the last two.

You would think with the improved post play from Nene/Booker/Seraphin, Wall's game would evolve, instead its regressing.

I'm more concerned that during these last couple of weeks, he looks like he would rather be anywhere else than on a basketball court.

Edited by StillUnknown

There is such a gap between us and the great teams of the league. A team can only sell itself to the fan base on hope from youth for so long. I feel like taking a break from BBall for the rest of the season. Can we please have Anthony Davis?

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 09:32 PM ----------

Got a feeling, that's how Wall sees it too.

Still not worse than the Bobcats though. Fold that ****.

We've got no energy. I'm putting myself in the players shoes as best I can. If I'm them, I honestly don't see how to get up for games night in and night out for this team, this season. My competitive spirit would have me pulling my hair out until I just deaden to everything and shut down.

This team needs a leader. And it's not John Wall. It's not Nene either.

I'm tired of pseudo leadership. No more of that Antawn Jamison type bs anymore please.

Clean the house (two years in and we're still saying this :doh:). We had a chance to do that if we didn't make this stupid trade. Way to go Ted.

Ted could care less about this team. He's going to keep increasing Capitals ticket prices. He has his cash cow.

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 10:05 PM ----------

btw I really like Seraphin. It's only his second year and he's made a gigantic leap in improvement.

Tells you pretty clearly who worked hard in the offseason and who didn't.

Edited by No Excuses

Marbury was a pouty little ***** from the moment he got in the league.

I don't see John complain at all. That's actually what worries me. He looks the exact same no matter what the situation. No emotions at all. Never see him rallying the team in the huddle, or instructing teammates what to do consistently. Just going through the motions.

I don't think Wall is the problem. We don't see anything that goes on in terms of leadership really.

If anything, Wall has always struck me as a fair leader that can galvanize a team like he did at Kentucky.

It's the product on the court that blows. Right now, the team is dead and isn't executing. We don't run an offense. We go through the motions on defense. The whole team plays terrible defense. And Wall isn't the one constantly missing open jumpers on offense.

We need a real coach. We need a real front office. We need experience. Nothing will seriously change until we have them.

The more I see Wall the more I question where his head is at. I was alarmed but kept quiet when he mentioned during charity ball that he needed to make basketball fun again. He was one year into the league. This year we haven't seen improvement as the season went on instead seeing horrible body language and inconsistent effort. There is no evidence that he's a team captain personality, and yet he's been crowned as such, just like they tried crowning Blatche.

I'm holding off on drawing conclusions however because year three is the big year for point guards. If he can get his shot sorted out he's s different player. If he can't he's closer to Rondo which needs superstar support and building around him becomes exceedingly difficult. So... we'll see. He's got the potential to be great and all he needs to do is improve his jump shot. A dedicated summer can do wonders and I like to believe he'll do it.

I do agree this team needs a leader. Robinson and MKG would do wonders for this teams attitude... But not as much as a hard ass coach and a new GM.

Edited by Destino

I care way less about Wall's shot than his complete innability to run the half court offense. Look at Rondo, look at how he keeps his dribble alive, how he forces his defender into a pick. I see absolutely none of that from Wall.

You don't need an elite shot to be elite, especially not with Wall's athletic ability. That's what's concerning me most.

Nene out again eh? I would feel bad if i didnt see this coming. Some things are just guaranteed. A team gives a guy 50 mil, and decides to trade him the next season? Red Flag! Dude has a history of injury issues? Red Flag! Dude is already 30? Red Flag! And we give up a young, upcoming player of the same position, with a smaller salary, and no history of injury issues for him. haha. And we expected him to stay healthy? In DC? haha.

It sounds just as stupid now as it did then.

Where do the good NBA coaches come from these days? We tried an assistant in Eddie Jordan - who I think was prematurely let go when he didn't have much to work with. Flip Saunders had history in the league and was a bust. Do we go after another assistant?

I think if this team was jockeying for playoff positioning, Nene would be playing. We've already seen what he can do when he's even 80%.

Don't forget about how well Kevin is playing on both ends.

If Nene went down with another knee injury or something I'd agree with you, but this is just a reason to keep him out of the lineup.

i don't understand why you all keep getting pissed off, you knew the Wizards were still gonna suck this year? If im in Wall's position why try hard when that could lead u further away from a top player in the draft?

We need a SF, I really do prefer Barnes over MKG, because of his outside game, and he has loads of potential, but either will do.

Wall

Crawford

Barnes/MKG

Booker/Vesely (I guess)

Nene/Seraphin

Would be a nice team, and be smart with the 2 2nd rounders