Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Singleton goes up against the other teams best perimeter player night in and night out. It's either going to completely destroy his confidence, or he'll end up pretty good as a result.

I'm moderately surprised by Vesely. I'll hold off on excitement because it says a lot when a player can be as smart as him on the floor, but still suck so bad. The high IQ and athleticism is something to work with at least. He needs to shoot 1000 jumpers a day over the offseason.

---------- Post added March-31st-2012 at 06:34 PM ----------

so can i drop trevor booker, i need some space on my fantasy team?

Our medical staff is probably going to amputate his entire leg. So yeah drop him.

It really sucks MKG got into foul trouble so early, I was looking forward to watching him the most.

I love his game just don't think he is the best fit here with Wall. We need shooters and guys who excel off the ball. We need to lock alot of our players in the gym shooting 500 jumpers a day.

Can't wait to watch Sully do work tonight. He is the type of brute we need that is fundamentally sound but EG will never draft him. He likes flash over substance.

Wall needs to learn to shoot. We can't worry about not drafting players that can flat out ball because of their lack of range. Point guards have to be able to shoot, no exceptions. When they can't defenders hang back and are in easy position to help. Wall will gain range in time.

Kinda disappointed Sully & TRob aren't guarding each other.

Both are struggling offensively right now. Sullinger is having difficulty finding decent looks over Withey's range, & TRob has had a couple of good looks, but not converting.

Edited by StillUnknown

if you have the 2nd pick you take MKG, easily. He has great work ethic and can still develop a three point threat. His defense and intangibles alone make him a upgrade over singleton. If we get the third pick I think its obvious, you take Robinson. Hometown guy, athletic, strong and nba ready already. He has a better ceiling than booker and could become a perennial all star PF, especially in the current era. I would look to move Booker or Vesly in some sort of trade for a solid wing player. Beyond that, Beal would be a good fit if he declares...Barnes isn't worth a top 5 but he'd be next on the docket. I'd trade down personally if we don't get a top 3. I'd rather it not be Grunfeld making the pics though :/

We need a top 4 pick to guarantee either Davis, MKG, Robinson, or Beal. After that there's a pretty big drop off.

Beal can't create offense for himself. I'd rather have Sully in the top five. I think Austin Rivers is a better fit for us than Beal. We need offense more than defense and rebounding out of our wings.

---------- Post added April-1st-2012 at 02:50 AM ----------

Sully looks like he'll be a role player in the NBA. That white guy on Kentucky was completely locking him down for the most part.

I like Robinson a lot more. Way more athletic, at least to my amateur scout eyes.

Withey is one of the best defenders in college BB. He won Big 12 DPOY and was a block away from tying Shaq's tourney record last season. There is no shame in having to work hard against him.

Sully is like a more physical Al Jefferson. He's going to be a terrific offensive player in the NBA and has legit 18-19 PPG from the PF/C spot. He's definitely a starting big, and I think he's someone you can win with.

---------- Post added April-1st-2012 at 03:02 AM ----------

Wall needs to learn to shoot. We can't worry about not drafting players that can flat out ball because of their lack of range. Point guards have to be able to shoot, no exceptions. When they can't defenders hang back and are in easy position to help. Wall will gain range in time.

Agreed.

I'd also add that we can only stockpile so many shooters before we realize that Wall is currently not a good enough creator to facilitate an offense entirely on his own. He's not a good enough ball handler ad finisher. Guys like Mason and Martin can shoot but increasing their role hasn't increased our offensive output at all. When opponents take the lane away from Wall, his effectiveness is drastically reduced and he goes from a 20 PPG guy to a 12 PPG guy.

We need someone who can score off the dribble and relentlessly attack and score efficiently from doing so because Wall is not an efficient scoring slasher by any stretch. His inside jumpers are still meh and he just doesn't finish well enough in traffic at the rim for how many opportunities he gets every game. Plus he's a wildly inconsistent jump shooter off the dribble in mid range and he can't shoot threes.

He's simply not a good enough scorer right now to dominate the ball and he needs to be able to dish and have a legit scoring option that creates his own offense. Right now, the only other guy on the team who can do that is Crawford and he's nearly as inefficient as Wall at this point.

Wall would be best served by being the second scoring option on the team so that he could get some space in the lane to work with. He can't become a Westbrook without a Durant, and he's simply not as good a scorer as Rose, Tyreke Evans, or Pre-LeBron Wade.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

If TRob was such a stud he would have played in his freshman and sophmore years. Somebody make a list of stud bigmen who could'nt sniff the court there first 2 years who became a stud big in the NBA in the last 20 years. The Morris twins are'nt anything special to begin with. Sully would have started at KU from day 1.

Comparing TRob to Webber is a joke.

Also for a big TRob struggles with double teams and turns the ball over at a high clip for a bigman. I believe he averages almost 3 TO's a game.

I'm not opposed to TRob but enough red flags are there to make me not touch him in the top 3.

Drummond will be the #2 although I don't agree if he comes out. GM's will always over draft a kid with his size.

If TRob was such a stud he would have played in his freshman and sophmore years. Somebody make a list of stud bigmen who could'nt sniff the court there first 2 years who became a stud big in the NBA in the last 20 years. The Morris twins are'nt anything special to begin with. Sully would have started at KU from day 1.

Comparing TRob to Webber is a joke.

Also for a big TRob struggles with double teams and turns the ball over at a high clip for a bigman. I believe he averages almost 3 TO's a game.

I'm not opposed to TRob but enough red flags are there to make me not touch him in the top 3.

Drummond will be the #2 although I don't agree if he comes out. GM's will always over draft a kid with his size.

I don't agree with the Webber comparison, he reminds me a bit of Keyon Martin at Cincy before the injury.

As to why he didn't see the court much his Fresh/Soph more years, it could just be case of him not being ready. I think you're reading too much into that though. You're not drafting him on what he was as a Freshman or Sophmore, you're drafting him on what you see now.

Drummond isn't just size. His speed and leaping ability at his size is off the charts. He's easily the highest upside of anyone, including Davis, if he declares. He's also probably the riskiest pick because he doesn't appear to mentally get it.

How does a player as fast as Wall struggle to stay in front of just about anyone? Derizan just jogged right by him for the easy layup.

Seraphin shows again that while he can defend a man he doesn't defend the rim. I wish he could play PF.

Edited by Destino

How does a player as fast as Wall struggle to stay in front of just about anyone? Derizan just jogged right by him for the easy layup.

Seraphin shows again that while he can defend a man he doesn't defend the rim. I wish he could play PF.

EFFORT. Wall can defend when he wants to but he is'nt a all star player in my mind unless he improves drastically. He has'nt improved a bit from last year or probably the last 3 years including at Kentucky. He has'nt been able to shoot or take care of the ball 3 straight years at some point you are, what you are.

---------- Post added April-2nd-2012 at 01:16 AM ----------

I don't agree with the Webber comparison, he reminds me a bit of Keyon Martin at Cincy before the injury.

As to why he didn't see the court much his Fresh/Soph more years, it could just be case of him not being ready. I think you're reading too much into that though. You're not drafting him on what he was as a Freshman or Sophmore, you're drafting him on what you see now.

Guys that develop late like him. Can we put a list together of guys who could'nt sniff the court there first 2 years of college and became bigtime NBA players?

I like him but not in the top 3. I like guys who have been the man from day 1 and stood out early on. If these players had 3 years of college there body of work and game would be far ahead of him.

Davis

Beal

Lamb

Sully

Barnes

MKG

Rivers