Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think this situation calls for a "Gilbert Arenas Appreciation Thread."

Nobody cares enough about him in this city. This entire city threw him under the bus for a stupid prank while forgetting what he has done for the community.

I'm happy that he is gone to a place where fans will quickly learn to appreciate the quality of his play and his character.

Nobody cares enough about him in this city. This entire city threw him under the bus for a stupid prank while forgetting what he has done for the community.

I'm happy that he is gone to a place where fans will quickly learn to appreciate the quality of his play and his character.

I guess then I'll just use this thread. I'm actually really upset right now.

My favorite Gil moment.

I think a lot of people still do.

DC is a basketball town, remember when we were talking about how DMV just keeps cranking out basketball stars? Those people, even though a ton of them have given up on this miserable franchise, still love Gil.

I guess then I'll just use this thread. I'm actually really upset right now.

My favorite Gil moment.

Look at Verizon Center in that video. Place used to rock when we had the Big 3 going on.

This is a dark day in the history of this franchise but you know what, **** it. We'll be back.

Look at Verizon Center in that video. Place used to rock when we had the Big 3 going on.

This is a dark day in the history of this franchise but you know what, **** it. We'll be back.

I was at the two playoff games we played against you back in '05, and I can honestly say that in the dozens of times I've been to the Verizon Center, that was the loudest I have ever heard it.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

EG on the deal:

This was a way to possibly free up cap room for us down the road and also get some front-court help," Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld said in a telephone interview. "Rashard can shoot, rebound, play some defense and it never hurts when you have a player like John Wall to have another perimeter shooter

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Love the trade for the mere fact that it saves us a ton of money. Also, let's face it, Gilbert is nowhere near the same player as he used to be. 4 years ago he would drive to the rim like a bull and finish with amazing ease and finesse. Now he is much slower and is a pull up shooter.

Lewis is 31 and has probably like 4 good years left if we want him. If we were in contention he would be a great piece, but for now he's just a solid veteran who hopefully makes us less of a laughingstock.

I can't believe I'm stuck at work today. :mad:

I was so looking forward to going to the game in my Heat jersey tonight, and getting heckled. I had been practicing a multitude of chokeholds in preparation for tonight. Oh well. :(

I was planning on going for weeks. I had even started to hit the gym harder to prepare for the beatdown I was going to give you in the parking garage. Then last week I'm told my dad's side of the family is doing their Christmas thing today. Well that's that. Then, to top it off, this morning ass early while I'm driving out to he boonies for it, I get a call saying my Aunt has a heartattack or something and the get together is canceled. Ruined the game, ruined my big money workday, ruined all my Mr. Sinsister **** kicking training, everything.

(I'm joking cause she's fine and they rescheduled it for tomorrow.)

I don't know about this trade, I feel like we could have waited and gotten more. All we essentially did was remove one year from Gil's contract. Lewis's salary is just as bad(if not worse)than Gilbert's, but hey at least he's the best 3 point shooter in the league right McD5!!!?? :laugh:

I was planning on going for weeks. I had even started to hit the gym harder to prepare for the beatdown I was going to give you in the parking garage. Then last week I'm told my dad's side of the family is doing their Christmas thing today. Well that's that. Then, to top it off, this morning ass early while I'm driving out to he boonies for it, I get a call saying my Aunt has a heartattack or something and the get together is canceled. Ruined the game, ruined my big money workday, ruined all my Mr. Sinsister **** kicking training, everything.

(I'm joking cause she's fine and they rescheduled it for tomorrow.)

I'll see you in March, *****!!!

We can have any other superstar come in to town and he'll have a bunch of bandwagon fans cheering him. But LeBron is getting booed mercilessly tonight. That should tell you the amount of hate he has in this city.

That loser earlier was trying to justify being a Wizards and LeBron fan. Not possible.