Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It is odd how in sports there are cases of better by subtraction.  I mean I thought we got very little for a former first round pick right after her dropped 30...but I think making sure Deni got playing time was probably the right call.  Time will tell, but the short term rewards are promising.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

I just don't understand how you can lose 2 games, back to back, when you were up 20 IN BOTH GAMES.

I just don't understand how you don't understand how this roster can and will do that. 

Looks like Clippers want to move Wall. Wonder if Ted is interested. 

7 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I just don't understand how you don't understand how this roster can and will do that. 

Looks like Clippers want to move Wall. Wonder if Ted is interested. 

The funniest thing about last night is that the Nets only had 10 players available as Durant, Simmons and Kyrie were all sitting out

And they STILL won

There is no excuse losing to that team as short handed as they are. The Nets had no Kyrie and Simmons at Capital One earlier and Durant had like 44 and they won easily. This team's inability to take advantage of a short handed team for 60 minutes is disturbing. They can easily dispatch of Orlando who was playing like 8 players due to fight suspensions but can't beat Brooklyn?

After the game Chris Miller went on a rant about how the Nets were better coached and better prepared. Not gonna get on WUJ yet but this team needs better 3rds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I just don't understand how you can lose 2 games, back to back, when you were up 20 IN BOTH GAMES.

how long have you been a fan of Washington sports teams? There should be no surprises as to how bad things can get. 

Media and fans: Wizards are the hottest team in the NBA. They have won 6 straight.

Blow 2 straight 20 pt leads and get run out of the gym in a supposed 3rd straight loss

This team man. They are so hot and cold. This is the team that is worthy of Wemby. Who are the Wizards? The elite team where Deni scores like 29 or the trash team we see today.

And by the way I don't want to hear no excuses at all about injuries. "Kuz isn't playing. Beal isn't playing." Yeah, the Nets didn't play Durant, Simmons and Kyrie and CAME BACK FROM 20 DOWN. THEY WERE PLAYING 8 MEN

Meanwhile this team be like throw their hands up in the air like Jerry Seinfeld, we're out. "Aight Imma head out" after 1Q smh

• Like 1

When I hear rumblings of Kuz changing his mind on leaving, I can't help but believe we are telling him we're making cap space available to back up the Brinks truck for him.

"Sure, I'll stay for this ****-show if you gonna pay me for it."

Unicorn will look at being part of the big three as way to maintain his salary level given we'll be one of the few teams desperate enough to completely ignore his injury history in contract negotiations.

But that's not what bothers me...it just seems even with all three healthy still is still game to game looking like a fringe playin team, not playoff team, but playin team.  The idea of all three have max type or near max deals scares the hell out of me when it should be finally because in a vacuum these are three good to really good players.  

But its not translating to anything meaningful at all.  And it seems none of them have the mentality or capability to look at the possibility of losing a 20 point lead and stopping that **** right in its tracks.