Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think they'd have to eat more salary if they cut him though right?  House is a cheap contract.

Either way, I feel sorry for whoever gets cut.  This is an exciting season to be on the Wizards.  Could legitimately go to the ECF if we get the third seed.

Nope.

His contract is guaranteed this season so whether he's on the roster or not, still getting his money.

We just need to move on from him pronto.

• Like 1

It also shows the value of being perceived as a Finals contender.  The Warriors and Cavs came into the season with weak benches and few trade assets, but they know they can get any good ring chasing vet they want to sign dirt cheap deals with them.

Getting to the ECF wouldn't put us on that level of desirability, but it would give us a lot more pull with these post deadline FAs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

we said Burke was a terrible signing when the creature made it, now he can't give him away.

i don't like knowing more than the GM of my team

And that isn't the first PG signing we all hated from the start.  Eric Maynor comes immediately to mind.  This team burns through back up points guards at an alarming rate. 

In other wizards related news...http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18782527/kyle-lowry-toronto-raptors-undergo-right-wrist-surgery

The Toronto Raptors announced that All-Star point guard Kyle Lowry will undergo right wrist surgery, but they hope to have him back for the playoffs.

The team said the surgery to remove loose bodies from Lowry's wrist will take place Tuesday. Lowry, who has missed the team's two games since returning from the All-Star break, is expected to be out four to six weeks, a source told ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

58 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not to be a wet blanket, because I want us to get Brandon Jennings, but his numbers haven't been that good since the 2014-2015 season.  I don't know if he's had injury issues or what.

Also, somebody is going to have to get cut to make room for him.  My guess is it will be House.

"Hello Mr. Burke, the door is right over here. Let me show you out..."

• Like 2

Burke is as good as gone. His last two games were his last hope, and he failed miserably. I want to feel bad, but the guy got a lot more chances than Nicholson ever got. He has earned an opportunity to play somewhere else. I personally think we could tread water on the bench with Sato learning the 1, but Brandon Jennings is definitely a better player. Achilles injuries can take 2 years to come back strong from, and he's right around that mark. Playing in The New York triangle has to be frustrating as a guard. I think he could do well in a play maker role here. We aren't asking him to be a hero. We just need a guy who can play point, isn't afraid to shoot it, and has the minimum required ability to pass the ball as a point guard without getting trapped at half court. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If we don't get Jennings, Calderon would be a huge get too.  He's a deadeye and the second unit could really use some shooting.

Sucks having to compete with the Warriors and Cavs for free agents.

Man, Calderon is dead now. He would have been a great pickup 3 years ago. But the past two years he's looked like old Steve Blake. 

• Like 1

Jennings should be better than Burke can run the offense (which is huge right now, Burke cannot). He is inefficient, but can get his own shot, shoot the three well enough, and again a playmaker for others.... I would like him.

Jennings-Bogs-Oubre-Smith-Mahini 

That is the bench rotation I want and it could be quite productive and 20 times more productive then our bench has been.

I know we lost but Bogs scored more last game on his own than our whole bench has in a lot of games this season

41 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Lou Williams out here averaging 24 pts in 3 games since the trade and folks were like "pass".  No, we couldn't use that.  

I still wouldn't have traded a first for him.  The problem is we still ended up trading a first for a player with even less team control.

If Ernie doesn't find a way to keep Bojan, the trade will go down as one of his worst.

• Like 1

Seeing how bad our interior defense is post All-Star break...and what the haul was for Bojan, why couldn't we have gotten in on the Nerlens Noel sweepstakes?  In addition, with QUALITY guys hitting the waiver wire/FA left and right, why couldn't we just have been patient and signed someone outright to bolster the bench scoring?  I'm just thinking of the job EG has done trying to clean up his mess and if he actually did the right thing? 

Edited by RonArtest15

39 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Seeing how bad our interior defense is post All-Star break...and what the haul was for Bojan, why couldn't we have gotten in on the Nerlens Noel sweepstakes?  In addition, with QUALITY guys hitting the waiver wire/FA left and right, why couldn't we just have been patient and signed someone outright to bolster the bench scoring?  I'm just thinking of the job EG has done trying to clean up his mess and if he actually did the right thing? 

Noel is more than likely going to get a max deal this offseason.

We couldn't afford to do that...at least not if you want to retain Otto.

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Noel is more than likely going to get a max deal this offseason.

We couldn't afford to do that...at least not if you want to retain Otto.

Yea, you're right....would pretty much come down to a decision between him and Otto. 

Still have to do something about the interior defense.  It's in shambles.