Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't know... I just can't get as excited for this one as I did for the Celtics game.  There is no fire between Cleveland and us.  It's been almost ten years since the rivalry was relevant, and it was always a one-sided affair.  I need some righteous indignation to really get me going.  I need another crab dribble incident.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know... I just can't get as excited for this one as I did for the Celtics game.  There is no fire between Cleveland and us.  It's been almost ten years since the rivalry was relevant, and it was always a one-sided affair.  I need some righteous indignation to really get me going.  I need another crab dribble incident.

I feel you but im ready to measure this team against the best comp we can get and the Cavs are definitely one of them. 

I think the pressure alone of Wall, Beal and Otto having their longest home win streak on the table against the team everyone expects to beat them (who is also the defending champ) makes for a great game from our boys if they are who I think they are. 

Win or Lose, dont go out like mice and its a step forward for us. 

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Some 10 year old bull**** from The Chosen One to rekindle the fire. 

http://dcoptimist.blogspot.com/2008/04/they-are-trying-to-hurt-me-danny.html

• Like 1

Meh, its an early February regular season game. Winning doesn't mean we're a juggernaut and losing doesn't mean we're a fraud. We are what we are, a good but not quite great team that should finish in the top 4 in the East and worst case scenario make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs but have a legit shot at the conference finals.

6 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

The officiating so far is a joke. It really bothers me that Wall can basically get beat to hell and the refs just watch like it's no big deal. He bumped into one of your buddies, we get it, you've made your point, now get over it. Sheesh.

Wizards have to barrel into the contact from Cleveland.  Make it hurt and force the refs to call it.  Can't try to finesse around it or the refs will pretend it didn't happen and the Cavs will do more.  Instead Wizards are cringing expecting contact, which is the worst reaction.  They're passing up drives and not reaching for loose balls already, that's what the physical team wants.

Luckily the shots are falling.