Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

From the looks of it, Wall, Beal, and Oubre have that Kobe killer instinct. They are built for the playoffs. The more angry they get, the better they play. 

I dont like like that Otto was completely out of the game plan all night ( 3 shots? Come on). But I'll take a blowout every day of the week. If Otto and brad just trade off taking over the no.2 spot, I think we can live with that. 

24 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hawks

Pelicans

Knicks

Lakers

Pelicans

Thats your next five...4-1 sure looks doable.

Hawks is a huge game, looking to see if this team can stay consistent and not get full of themselves (how trap games happen).  Funeral game made me shake my head at first, not sure how I feel about making any of these games bigger then they actually are right now.  Just handle your business.

Edited by Renegade7

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hawks is a huge game, looking to see if this team can stay consistent and not get full of themselves (how trap games happen).  Funeral game made me shake my head at first, not sure how I feel about making any of these games bigger then they actually are right now.  Just handle your business.

Yeah the Hawks game has letdown written all over it.  Atlanta has been playing well and our team is young and coming off an emotional game.

I was actually weirdly confident about the funeral thing.  It told me that they were taking the game seriously and looking forward to playing the Celtics.  And the Celtics were taken aback by that.  The lack of that kind of playoff focus and intensity during the regular season has been what's kept the team from taking their place as a high seed.  A motivated Wizards team can beat anyone else in the conference except Cleveland but they have been regular season underachievers.

But the traditional Wizards thing to do now would be to think "well that's done" and go back to screwing around and go 2-3 over the next five games.

I wouldn't mind seeing them wear all black again for this Atlanta game...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i just saw that clip

their relationship is weird as ****

They both are weird as **** but its kind of funny when you see it like that lol

Wall really did just walk up to dude and yell in his face.....like.....dawg why? Lol

Thought last night was going to be a letdown.  Had all the makings of something going wrong w/ the whole "funeral" vibe LOL.  Glad I was proven wrong.  Lost in the win is the incredible defensive effort Kelly Oubre had in the 4th on Thomas.  This kid is turning out to be a KEY rotational piece.  I'm a believer in Scotty Brooks. 

44 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Stop all this 2-3 nonsense @stevemcqueen1!  We rolling and we gonna stay rolling.

The schedule is favorable all of the way to the AS break.  John Wall is going to go into it making people look dumb for not naming him a starter.  Part of me hopes he gets left off the team as a reserve too so the outrage can be complete and then the East gets their asses waxed while DeRozan and Lowry and Thomas lay brick after brick.

57 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah the Hawks game has letdown written all over it.  Atlanta has been playing well and our team is young and coming off an emotional game.

I wouldn't mind seeing them wear all black again for this Atlanta game...

I hear you.  If that's our version of "Code Red", I don't want to wear it out. 

We definitely came after them like it was playoff game, which was impressive give it was the second of a back to back.  That goes back to the consistency thing, can they take all these games seriously while at the same time not getting caught up into their own hype during these games they are supposed to win or could win?  We'll find out of this stretch.  4-1 is reasonable over the coming stretch.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The schedule is favorable all of the way to the AS break.  John Wall is going to go into it making people look dumb for not naming him a starter.  Part of me hopes he gets left off the team as a reserve too so the outrage can be complete and then the East gets their asses waxed while DeRozan and Lowry and Thomas lay brick after brick.

Optimum outcome.  See also...Jimmy Butler.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Watching Beal post up Thomas was hilarious, just boggles my mind anyone would take him over Wall.

40 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

People really have to stop with the Isiah Thomas>John Wall bull****. Wall is better than Thomas at nearly every aspect of the game. The whole thing is silly.

From Zach Lowe...this is some HIGH praise:

So is Wall. Wall is by far the best passer among this crew, and inflicts the most damage on defense when he dials in.

He hasn't committed on that end the same way he did two seasons ago, when he was a speeding apparition popping up all over the floor, but he's big and fast enough to make plays when it matters. He has conjured a bunch of clutch deflections and steals.

Boston backers base much of their case for Thomas on his crunch-time brilliance, but Wall has matched the little guy shot for shot; Wall is 16-of-29 from the floor in the last three minutes of games when the score is within three points, a hair better percentage-wise than Thomas's sterling 18-of-35 mark. Irving's silky pull-up is a more reliable last-minute weapon than anything in Wall's arsenal, but Wall has been among the league's best clutch players in the period under consideration here.

Wall is shooting a career-best 50 percent on 2-point shots, and has matched Irving in points per game. He's been better than Irving at basically everything else.

Wall has trimmed some weight, and looks to have rediscovered peak dynamism after two knee surgeries. There are five-minute stretches in which Wall, blazing from end-to-end, can create two-dozen potential points -- with rampaging drives to the rim, corner 3s for teammates, steal-and-dunk sequences. Wall in transition invokes the same fear factor as prime Jason Kidd.

Look at this:

Adjusted offensive/defensive ratings since the start of '17

118odav.png

• Like 10

Cleveland swooning and Dallas surging.

I don't get what's going on with the Bucks.  They should be one of the better defensive teams in the league shouldn't they?

As for us, I'm just happy to see us squeak above that good defense line.  That's our path to being good.  Our offense is probably about as good as it's going to get.

Look at San Antonio and Golden State.  Visually quantifies just how far above everyone else they are.

Wizards need better players or Popovich if they want to improve offensively by much.  Though a 6th man might go a long way. This isn't saying the offense is bad, I think it's about as good as we've seen in the Wall era at the moment.  They have some bad habits, but every team does.  

The Wizards should be better defensively and listening to them interviewed after games I think they realize it.  They have the talent to be a pretty good defensive team.  If Mahinmi ever gets healthy they'll get a significant upgrade defensively.  They just have to put it all together and put in some more work off the court. The Wizards still show a lack of prep at times, like when guys are going over screens and crowding Rondo beyond the three point line instead of daring him to shoot.