Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Back end of a back to back isn't the game I'd pick to make a big deal of things against the Celtics... they'd better back it up or we're going to get clowned by every major sports publication in the country. 

Boston last played on the 21st.  Well rested. 

Annnd, the last time this stunt was pulled, it didn't work out so well for the Knicks (vs. the Celtics.) 

It's kind of fun.  But it's also immature.  It's the kind of thing a young team does, whereas a veteran team would treat it as just another regular season game.

You can tell Wall and Beal genuinely dislike Crowder and Smart.  And I don't blame them.  They're ****es who deserve a hard elbow across their noses.  Jason Smith better foul out tonight.

Yeah, right....

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wizs-john-wall-dress-code-rematch-black-funeral/story?id=45001326

Washington's Otto Porter Jr. accused Boston of playing dirty after the Jan. 11 meeting. Celtics players immediately dismissed the suggestion and did so again Monday.

"[Porter's comments] went through this ear and out the other because we don't play dirty, we know that," Celtics guard Isaiah Thomas said. "I think a lot of teams around this league know we don't play dirty, we just play very hard. Like I said before, it may seem dirty because we play so hard, but we're not a dirty team."

5 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

But Washington doesn't have all black uni's though. So does that mean socks and gloves or something?

That's I was thinking, did we have black unis going into this season and just decided to use them tonight finally?  I can see a black wizards jersey from when we first became the wizards, but not the jerseys we have now.  Even a google search doesn't bring anything up.

I also agree this needs to be business, and we're allowing ourselves to get caught up in the hype.  I will be disappointed if we come out with black shoes instead of jerseys and would fully expect us to lose.

they better show the **** out tonight, don't talk all this **** and lose.

funny story that happened earlier today: I'm walking around the grocery store in a Wizards hoodie, an elderly lady stops me and says that she loves the Wizards and loves to watch John Wall and Bradley Beal.  She then proceeds to tell me "I hope they fire Grunfeld before I die."

Ernie Grunfeld: Not even beloved by senior citizens.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

they better show the **** out tonight, don't talk all this **** and lose.

Honestly I wont be mad if they lose, the Celtics are a good team. But they better not go out like mice. Give them all they can handle if you lose, see the ****ers in the playoffs. 

Obviously, though, I want them to punish them. 

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

we better win this game

i don't want the one time national media decides to talk about us to be about how we clowned ourselves

I'm filled with dread just thinking about it.  I hate to admit it but I am and I blame a life of being a Washington sports fan.  These are precisely the kinds of humiliating moments sports fans from here can expect. 

.. and yet despite that, quite irrationally, I remain excited about this game and can't wait for tip off.  Growing up here has damaged me.