Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Love this pick up.  Not a great player and might seem relatively minor but if you watched the wizards last season you saw the stretch where we suddenly had no one that could hit a shot.  Neal will help that.  Suddenly the bench has a little punch to it. 

• Like 1

Neal wanted the flexibility of a short deal combined with the chance to play back home (Baltimore) with Wall and Beal.

Wizards are a David West commitment away from an extremely productive week filling out their rotation despite losing Pierce's heroics.

Hibbert or Nene seems like the only reasonable fallback for Clippers in wake of losing Jordan.

Why did Pierce rush into the decision to leave? Imagine if he had come back, plus we add Dudley, Neal, and maybe West. While only losing Seraphin. Would have had one of the best ten man groups in the league.

He didn't rush into it, he just wanted to go home. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, can we take a minute to acknowledge how special it is that we are legitimately competing with the San Antonio Spurs for a free agent? And nobody is laughing at us. This is truly a great time to be a Wizards fan. I still can't get over the fact that players hungry to win actually think about us.

John Wall deserves a statue.

• Like 4

Hibbert or Nene seems like the only reasonable fallback for Clippers in wake of losing Jordan.

If they are hoping Nene can replace Jordan... lol

It's sad that the NBA perceives D.C. as a small market. That is how F'd up the NBA is

True but remember, the theme of this offseason has been that players don't give a damn about market size.  LA and NYC have found their usual "and you get to live here!" sales pitch almost entirely ineffective.  ESPN is despairing over it. 

How exactly are they going to add either? They don't have any money and they don't have any trade assets. I'd trade them Nene, but I don't see how they can do it. Only thing I can think of is they would have to get a huge TPE back from losing DeAndre Jordan.

They really got caught with their pants down in losing Jordan.

How exactly are they going to add either? They don't have any money and they don't have any trade assets. I'd trade them Nene, but I don't see how they can do it. Only thing I can think of is they would have to get a huge TPE back from losing DeAndre Jordan.

They really got caught with their pants down in losing Jordan.

They can trade us Paul Pierce for Nene.  haha

• Like 3

It's sad that the NBA perceives D.C. as a small market. That is how F'd up the NBA is

The Bullets/Wizards did it partially to themselves too. 80s and 90s filled with poor management in the earlier ESPN age.

Finally they appear to be building a foundation with their own guys. No quick fix stuff. Even adding Durant would be with Wall/Beal.

Interesting story about David West when he was at Xavier:

There was a fight in the halls of the Robins Center after a Richmond-Xavier game in 2002, two years before I was a freshman at Richmond. One of the seniors who led the student section fan group when I was a freshman told me the fight started because his friend kept heckling West, calling him soft, and West went after him in the tunnel after the game. Then it spiraled into a brawl involving both teams and their coaching staffs. LOL.

I never knew if that was true, so I just went searching on the internet and found out the fight did happen: http://enquirer.com/xavier/2003/01/31/Xavier31.html

Doesn't say who started it though. But I want to believe it was the Richmond student heckling him. Apparently West hated being called soft.

#Wizards' goal this summer was to add pieces to become more versatile without limiting future $ flexibility. Dudley/Neal additions do that.

Would Wizards consider sign-and-trade for Kevin Seraphin? Yes http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/would-wizards-consider-sign-and-trade-kevin-seraphin-yes  #WizardsTalk #NBA @CSNwizards

If Nene isnt moved now theres confidence (theres that word) that things would loosen by trade deadline #WizardsTalk #NBA @CSNWizards

Even without West, Wizards would make such a deal for more flexibility this offseason #WizardsTalk #NBA @CSNWizards

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Not really sure what Nene's market would be. Him being productive and in the last year of a big deal could make him attractive.

I'd like to get West on a 1 year deal. Trade Nene. Sign one of C.J. Watson/Aaron Brooks, and Sign one of Seraphin/Biyombo.

Call it an offseason.

Problem with dealing Nene if we don't get West is then we don't have a starting caliber PF any more. And really only Humphries under contract. You can't deal Nene without a rock solid plan to replace him.

Otherwise, we are best off keeping him. We don't really need the cap space this summer, and he's an expiring. Most of what we'd save from dumping him would have to be spent replacing him.

I deal him if we get West, if not yeah keep him. He is gone after next season one way or another.

West is older, but better, and spaces the floor a bit more, and rebounds better, and is more likely not to get injured for periods of time, but so is just about anyone when comparing them to Nene