Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

$20 we're the Washington Monuments within three years. Perfect fit for the Washington Capitals and even moreso Ted's Monumental Sports and Entertainment. It's so RIP Bullets. Dreams......crushed. **** you Ted.

I disagree mostly. Might not be Bullets again...but it sure would bring excitement.

Monuments would be the worst name in all of pro sports.

Might as well say Museums to help with tourism too.

I'm fine with a Toronto matchup. If we win, we get the Toronto monkey off our backs. If we lose, it's our only shot at getting a new coach (though even if we do lose, it's certainly not a given that Witless gets canned).  We've already beaten Chicago, so there's really no upside to beating them other than advancing in a playoffs that we're doomed to fail in at some point, even if it isn't in the first round. The downside is that, if we lose, they get their revenge on us for last year and 2005-6.

That, and I'm not confident in Nene now. Our best shot against Toronto is with Pierce and Gooden at the 4.

Game 1: Saturday, April 18 at 12:30 p.m. at Toronto (ESPN/CSN)

Game 2: Tuesday, April 21 at 8 p.m. at Toronto (NBA TV/CSN)

Game 3: Friday, April 24 at 8 p.m. at Washington (ESPN2/CSN)

Game 4: Sunday, April 26 at 7 p.m. at Washington (TNT/CSN)

Game 5*: Wednesday, April 29 at Toronto (time and channel TBD)

Game 6*: Friday, May 1 at Washington (time and channel TBD)

Game 7*: Sunday, May 3 at Toronto (time and channel TBD)*=if necessary

Steal 1 in Toronto and we'll be alright. Come on guys stop acting like babies and get hyped for our teams playoff run. If it ends early then I'll be pissed like the rest of you all, but jeez atleast man up and expect a good series and have some confidence. We're not facing the 96 bulls. Have some excitement for your team making the playoffs and winning except crying and expecting to lose already.

**** it, Wizards in 6!

I'm all for whatever outcome that leads to the firing of both EG and Wittman.

Go Wizards, I guess...

I want Wittman fired too, but I'm not going to root against my team for the possibility of him actually getting fired.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2015/04/16/despite-season-sweep-wizards-very-confident-in-playoff-matchup-with-raptors/?postshare=1921429187159678

Despite season sweep, Wizards ‘very confident’ in playoff matchup with Raptors

CLEVELAND – Word had circulated among the Washington Wizards in recent days: The Toronto Raptors wanted them in the first round, they were told, not the lower-seeded Milwaukee Bucks. The rationale, Wizards players speculated, was that the Raptors were confident they could handle them after their success against Washington the last two seasons plus they would avoid a meeting with the Cleveland Cavaliers, the consensus Eastern Conference favorites, in the second round.

The Wizards (46-36) reciprocated the desire, wanting to avenge three losses in three games to Canada’s team this season. Both teams got their wish: the Chicago Bulls’ win over the Atlanta Hawks Wednesday nightlocked the Raptors into the fourth seed and sealed a first-round series with the Wizards that begins Saturday afternoon at 12:30 p.m. in Toronto.

“I take it personal,” Wizards point guard John Wall said of the Raptors’ preference. “They beat us 3-0, they feel like they got an opportunity to sweep us so that adds more fuel to the fire and makes it more exciting for us to play them.”

Toronto (49-33) has won six of the teams’ last seven meetings – the only Wizards win was in double overtime last season – and swept this season’s series, 3-0.

“We didn’t play defense those games against those guys and we didn’t move the ball as well offensively so we know why we lost those games,” Wall said. “If we played well and lost all three, we’d feel down but we feel very confident in ourselves. We feel confident in our abilities.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm looking forward to the series itself. It should be a much better test of where we are as a team than playing Chicago again. We know we're a match up issue for the Bulls, beating them wouldn't tell us if we're any better than we were last year. If we get killed by Toronto, we know we haven't improved. If we beat them, then it's a tangible sign of progress.

• Like 1

Steal 1 in Toronto and we'll be alright. Come on guys stop acting like babies and get hyped for our teams playoff run. If it ends early then I'll be pissed like the rest of you all, but jeez atleast man up and expect a good series and have some confidence. We're not facing the 96 bulls. Have some excitement for your team making the playoffs and winning except crying and expecting to lose already.

**** it, Wizards in 6!

I want Wittman fired too, but I'm not going to root against my team for the possibility of him actually getting fired.

This team can only go so far with EG and Wittman at the helm.  We've plateaued, unfortunately. 

While I don't think getting out of the first round is unfathomable, the team, as they're coached, isn't anywhere close to contending. 

Coaching is what's holding them back.  It's like having a Lambo but only driving it in 1st gear on the highway. 

This team can only go so far with EG and Wittman at the helm. We've plateaued, unfortunately.

While I don't think getting out of the first round is unfathomable, the team, as they're coached, isn't anywhere close to contending.

Coaching is what's holding them back. It's like having a Lambo but only driving it in 1st gear on the highway.

I know what you're saying, and like I said I want Wittman fired too but it seems like our own fans are rooting against us just for the chance Wittman is fired. I'd rather win and go onto the next round and See what happens, you never know. I hope our home games are as loud and I know Torontos will be.