Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Aboot(you know since we're playing in Canada) Brad Beal, I don't even think he's taking bad shots, they're just not going in right now. He's missing wide open shots. I think he could be fine... or he could go 1-13 lol. 

idk whether Paul Pierce is the slowest player in the league making moves off the dribble, or he's incredibly smooth and composed lol

The latter. Even back in the day, that's how he was offensively. 

I thought we did a very good job defending their back court, DeRozan in particular.  These traps when they attack the paint are working and Porter's length is our best tool for checking DeRozan.

I can live with what Lou Williams has done.  He's forced into taking very tough shots.  He can make some of them but it can also be really disruptive to their offense.

Our bigs are killing their bigs inside.  What's gotten us into trouble is when they've made plays on the perimeter.

going in the half with the lead isnt bad, but it means nothing. what i'd like to see in the second half:

- Chris Humphris get some burn. He's another big-bodied defender and his jumper can be lethal

- Brad Beal needs to keep shooting. he's getting great looks, they're just not dropping. also like him to be a little more aggressive, go to the rim and get Derozan in foul trouble

- Gortat to play defensively sound and not pick up this third. also go to the rim when he gets the ball not shoot jumpers

- Pierce needs to keep up everything he's doing

- MAKE YOUR DAMN FREE-THROWS

that's all i have for now

professional basketball players should not be hitting the side of the backboard 

Thats what worries me about Beal, hes got a great shot but when he misses its often really ugly.  

Im not sure what that means, maybe he has some mental hitch with his shot mechanics.

Edited by CurseReversed