Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I feel that I should apologize to john. I'm sorry you had to play your career with flip and his apprentice. It's not fair.

You mean you don't like the Sessions, Butler, Gooden, Gortat lineup he gets to play with for most of this 3rd qtr?

:blink:

I feel that I should apologize to john. I'm sorry you had to play your career with flip and his apprentice. It's not fair.

I still hold him partially responsible for co-signing Wittman after they lost 6 straight that year. Doesn't excuse management for not doing the obvious thing and canning him back then.

Edited by StillUnknown

Jorge Castillo
‏@jorgeccastillo
Wittman was emphatic in saying the defense was the problem today. Wouldn’t even answer questions about the offense.

Sacramento gives up 105pts per game, 2nd most points in the league. We put up 86. Offense ain't the problem though.

Edited by StillUnknown

I get that wit wants his defense to create offense. But the fast break is not a viable offense against the good teams. In fact, it's not an offense at all. And it's no excuse for the lineups he's trottimg out there.

I am preparing to be humiliated at the oracle tomorrow. :/

Jorge Castillo

‏@jorgeccastillo

Wittman was emphatic in saying the defense was the problem today. Wouldn’t even answer questions about the offense.

Sacramento gives up 105pts per game, 2nd most points in the league. We put up 86. Offense ain't the problem though.

Team really should have let him go during that ugly losing streak.  Wittman has no answers. 

This team continues to flounder under Whitman.. I've said it all year.. Whitman has a very low glass ceiling that the Wizards keep 

hitting.. I will say however, players arguing about shots, shows an amazing lack of awareness and team play.

Jorge Castillo

‏@jorgeccastillo

Randy doesn't care about offense. It's an afterthought.

:

Last season during training camp Wittman was asked how things were going and he proceeded to talk about how they were installing the defense etc.

Cool. No problem.

But when he was asked about the offense, he paused and was like "We'll get around to it eventually. Right now we're working on defense.".

It was weird. The way he looked  at the reporter when he asked the question. He just seemed so nonchalant about the offense.

Like it was just "whatever."...

Is Wall overrated?

Not a chance in hell. He's leading the league in assists on a team with one half way decent shooter and an archaic offensive system. Anyone calling him overrated is incredibly short-sighted. Its the one reason I can't get behind the Wizards losing to get rid of Wittman. For some reason, Wittman & Grunfeld are teflon. They get full credit when they win, none of the blame when they lose. All the criticism falls on Wall when they lose, no matter how illogical the position.

• Like 3