Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Here's what I've been thinking about: Wittman. We all agree he's not the solution correct? So how EXACTLY should it be handled? I know word is Thibs is good as gone in Chicago. I've soured there so no thanks. But maybe others feel different?

Wait a sec. A couple of us said he wasn't the solution in the off season but after winning a playoff round most people on this board were singing his praises. He was this great coach all of a sudden. SMH.

He is here for the duration of this season barring a major collapse which is unlikely in the East. Unless this team gets bounced in the first round, he is probably back next year.

Wait a sec. A couple of us said he wasn't the solution in the off season but after winning a playoff round most people on this board were singing his praises. He was this great coach all of a sudden. SMH.

He is here for the duration of this season barring a major collapse which is unlikely in the East. Unless this team gets bounced in the first round, he is probably back next year.

There is no question that he remains for this season.  I wouldn't want them to change coaches mid season, the Wizards are flying high (enough) and that's not what the team needs.  I'm just looking at this team and I'm wondering if they aren't about to take a step backwards, which is not good.  The thing is though, at any minute Wall or Beal could suddenly get better.  Young players do that.  Their development isn't always apparent from game 1 forward.  If Beal suddenly starts scoring 20 a game or Wall's scoring starts to click that could make a world of difference. 

We're just talking about the current situation.  Hell, at some point Wittman is going to stop using the bench mob method of subbing and the team could start beating better teams.   

And that's a problem.

I want a coach that can run an actual offense. 

Also, a team with John Wall shouldn't play at such a slow pace.

Wittman is an old school coach (his own words) and doesn't like to think outside the box.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Thibs would be no better than Wittman.

I want a bright offensive mind, like what Kerr has done with Golden State.

Not sure how much of that is Kerr and how much is Draymond Green and Klay Thompson simply maturing into much better players. Suddenly that team has an insane amount if offensive and defensive talent. We'll see after the playoffs.

I'm not saying Witt needs to be fired now but the the goal is a championship, correct? Anyone think Wittman can take us there. At some point, he's got to go. I'm just thinking/talking down the road. Years even. How? What? Who? When? So on and so forth.

Team needs talent before we can really be a championship contender.  A pass first point guard isn't going to get it done without a prolific scorer to go with him.  At least one. 

Chick Hernandez with some lame jokes already.

Wall in the starting lineup, hopefully they actually limit his time tonight.

Does that impact migraines? For all we know he's reacting to his girlfriends new perfume. I haven't read that they've figured out the cause yet.

Toronto's entire team seems to be able to dribble the ball and attack the rim.

So many whistles already....

Edited by Destino

Typical Wiz Tor game. Wizards seem to be playing well.... but still losing. I don't know what it is about this team.

That shot should have counted! Entirely because it was awesome.

Wall looks fantastic so far. Seems to have a little extra bounce to him.