Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's getting to where I take that kind of game from Wall for granted. But seriously, he was incredible down the stretch. Ate their PGs for breakfast.

Hey no fair lol

Good game fellers.

Bulls' asses are still in your possession lol

LOL! Good game. We'll take good care of them until we see you again. Hopefully in the playoffs. Maybe an ECF match up?

I'm good with any team other Atlanta or Toronto

I'm fairly confident we beat any other team in the east in no more than 6 games.

Hopefully Toronto keeps scuffling and loses their mojo.

One encouraging fact to keep in mind, Miami is going to be the only team in the East this postseason that's experienced a deeper run than this Wizards team in recent history. That's going to be a factor.

Also, the Bulls scare all of the other East teams except for us. And maybe Atlanta. Hopefully Chicago will take one of Atlanta or Toronto down so we won't have to play them.

Nene should receive 9pts for that shot

Agreed. He trolls them so hard. You can tell he loves playing them.

Nene-Smile-e1393338886430.jpg

Pierce was incredible tonight too.  The whole starting five thoroughly outplayed theirs.

• Like 2

2-3 on that brutal West Road Trip.  3-1 on this tough stretch.

5-3 to start the month of January is better than any of us could expected.  3 straight against weak Atlantic teams coming up.  We've got yet another back to back on the slate but it's a home and away against the same team so there is no real advantage lost.

I'm eyeing that OKC game.  We should have beaten them in OKC, I would love for us to get some revenge.  After that game, the only really tough ones left for the month are @ Portland, @ Phoenix, and home vs Toronto.  If we get out of January (our toughest month for sure) with 10 wins, that's a big success, and we already have 5.

Any more than 10 and we'll be chugging the Kool-Aid.

Then looking ahead, February is pretty soft.  The only bummer about that month is Detroit is actually good now.  Wish we had been able to play them earlier in the season when they still sucked, and Boston later now that they've gone into full on tank mode.

Geeze - so far ahead of ourselves... you guys just cannot enjoy a good season. Why worry about negative playoff matchups?

I understand fans THIRST for championships, but cant we enjoy this team and season.

Fine, I admit being a rosy homer who is a fan of and supporter of the players and teams. Whether they go 62-20 or 22-60, I will always root and enjoy my teams.

Geeze - so far ahead of ourselves... you guys just cannot enjoy a good season. Why worry about negative playoff matchups?

I understand fans THIRST for championships, but cant we enjoy this team and season.

Fine, I admit being a rosy homer who is a fan of and supporter of the players and teams. Whether they go 62-20 or 22-60, I will always root and enjoy my teams.

Are you kidding me?  We are Wizards fans talking about playoff matchups.  I will repeat it for emphasis.  We are Wizards fans talking about playoff matchups.  That is one of the most enjoyable aspects of this great season.  Around this time we're used to talking about how deep a hole we're in and usually eying college players.   

We love this team! 

Edited by Destino

Butler has cooled off as of late. Porter should not have been cut out of the rotation, even if it's for the sake of getting Webster back in the flow. Another good win.

Brooks has five fouls, go at him.
WTF was that screen Pau Gasol just set? He ****ing shoved the defense off Rose! It was blatant.

That was ridiculous. One of the most obvious pushoffs I've ever seen, and it wasn't even called.

I'm not worried about the playoffs. I think we're built to be able to beat anyone once we get there. It'll be tough for sure but we got as good a shot as anyone in the East and that's all you can ask for.

THIS!!!

I don't care who we face out of the East when the playoffs roll around.  We have just as good of a chance as Atlanta, Toronto, or Chicago in coming out of the East.  I 1000000% believe this. 

• Like 1

I have to be up by 5am three days out of the week. Unfortunately, today was one of those days. I went to sleep at the end of the first when Rose hit that half court shot...

So to wake up and see that we won, and dominated the 3rd was a welcoming sight for me. Looking at the box score, I see it was a nice all around team effort.

• Like 1

Butler has cooled off as of late. Porter should not have been cut out of the rotation, even if it's for the sake of getting Webster back in the flow. Another good win.

That was ridiculous. One of the most obvious pushoffs I've ever seen, and it wasn't even called.

Agreed with both statements. Considering all the ticky tack calls Chicago got on screens we set, seeing Gasol literally shove the defender off Rose with two hands and then Rose hits the open three had me pissed. Still has me pissed even though we won. It pisses me off how little respect we get from the refs. It pisses me off how often we have to play with a tighter whistle than our opponent.

THIS!!!

I don't care who we face out of the East when the playoffs roll around.  We have just as good of a chance as Atlanta, Toronto, or Chicago in coming out of the East.  I 1000000% believe this.

Me too. There is no separation between the top four teams in the East. Any of them could win the conference.

Plus there is always the remote chance LeBron finds the fountain of youth and carries Cleveland on a deep postseason run. Or hell, maybe Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade do it for Miami. I give those scenarios maybe like a 5% chance of happening, but that's still a chance.

Ultimately I think it'll end up being a rock paper scissors type playoffs where match ups will be key. Toronto tends to match up pretty well against us and Atlanta. Atlanta matches up well against us. Chicago matches up well against Toronto. And we match up well against Chicago.

I like our chances in the playoffs against Toronto, more so than in the regular season. Toronto is a regular season tiger IMO. But I'm not going to lie, Atlanta is to fresh a beat down for me to feel very confident about playing them again. I'm actually not sure they're going to lose another game.