Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Watching the game I thought Walls stat line would be good. It's not. His defense had been terrific this game and that doesn't really show up other than steals.

Yeah, he's been fantastic on D and he's been eating their PGs alive.  He knocked Smart out of the game.  Only bad plays he's made are three turnovers where he forced it trying to make the spectacular pass.

Team-wide TOs and uneven officiating are the reasons Boston is still in this game.  Sullinger has played well too.

Beal as a shot creator isn't looking as good as I hoped it would be this season. I want to say his first step is slow, but I'm not sure that's the biggest problem. He does seem to have a very slow first step though, he's as likely to crash into his defender as get even with his shoulder.

Edited by Destino

Tip of the cap to Humphries.  He had a hell of a night.  He was out there having fun.

Also I like aggressive Otto Porter.  He did pass up a three he should have taken when he tried to hockey assist to Butler at the FT line extended (the play Humphries got the put back dunk on).  But for the most part, he's played really well.

Ah damn, a chicken sandwich night would have been the cherry on top.

Well this line up is a dumpster fire.

Good win.  Starters got a ton of rest.

Boston has a 21 to 10 free throw advantage and is getting blown out.

we get no respect. Im really disgusted by this.

Wall goes to the basket all the time and gets no free throws. He should be averaging 7-8 FTs a game, imo.

Let's see if we can keep Jeff Green from going for 30 on 80% shooting tonight.

Where is Tommy Heinsohn?  Who is this new color guy?

Heinsohn doesnt do road games, iirc

We really do need to figure something out about the officials.  I don't want to see our guys spend all of their time trying to manipulate the refs like ****es like Harden and CP3.  But it is infuriating how frequently we end up on the bad side of lopsided officiating.  Against scrub teams.  In our building.

Late whistles on easy calls because they want to see if they can get away without calling anything.  No free throws for John in a game where he took it inside and drew contact several times.  Oh but they'll ****ing call a technical on him.  A 24-10 FT disparity in a game against a slow team where we were the clear aggressor.  That officiating was absolutely atrocious.  I'm still mad about it the next day even though we won and the outcome of the game was never in doubt.

• Like 2

They're mad because Bron-Bron and the Cavs aren't dominating.

They're mad because the Spurs have taken a step back.

They're mad because their 3 favorite teams, the Celtics, Lakers and Knicks suck ass.

The NBA can't stand for any upstart team to do well as it will hurt their jersey sales in China, South America or Europe.

Been saying this for the last 35 years, but no one wants to hear that the NBA has favorites and fixes games. Even Doneghy agrees with me.

I know the Wizards are playing very well, but I won't let go of this theory until I see one or more of the traditional sucky teams win a title.

• Like 1

Really wonder what the politics behind it is. Like what's the true story. At this point, what we've witnessed, I'm convinced there's something there. Whether Ted pissed the League off, Wittman has pissed someone off, Wall, Nene. There's something there

Wittman has to make a statement about it to the media. Every other coach does it.

The Stadium is so sad and I'm like who cares, it's Wizards and Capitals season MFers.

I'm done with the Redskins until July, may be done longer than that if the team is dumb enough to keep Haslett. 

Anyway, I'm really excited for the game tomorrow. I want a win so bad to shut up all the doubters who say we can only beat bad teams. 

Edited by Gamebreaker