Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

HUGE game tonight. I know it's early an all, but establishing homecourt against the Heat is a must.

This might be the first time in my entire life, in my 25+ years of Bullets/Wizards fandom, that the 16th game of the season can LEGITIMATELY be called "HUGE". Goddamn it's nice being relevant.

Redwho? DMV is a basketball region. It's damn time the Wizards took their proper spot on the local pecking order.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's always been Redskins 1, Caps 2A, Bullets 2B. Now it seems to be Redskins 1A, Caps 1B, Bullets 1C, Nats 1D. The older I get the more the teams as a whole mean.

I will be in the house for the 12/8 Celtics game. First game since the game 3 loss to the Bulls (****ing Mike Dunleavy).

Yeah I know there's been some news on Webster recently, any ideas when he's expected back? As far as I recall "soon" is all that's been said. I miss anything?

Haven't seen a time table either. Brad only missed a game or 2 after he started back at practice. But Id think recovery from back surgery would keep him out a little longer. 

"Webster has said because this is his third back surgery that he'd be extra careful and make certain he's healthy before returning."

I'm not even watching the Redskins any more. It's Nats and Wizards by a mile for me. They're worth following. The Redskins are not.

I didn't watch a minute of Sundays game, 2nd week in a row. Saw the final score, laughed, and went back to enjoying a stress free Sunday for a change.

Am I crazy or does ESPN almost completely ignore the Wizards? They don't hate, this isn't some Snyderesque complaint about the evil media, I mean ignore as in refuse to talk about them unless they are forced to do so because we beat Lebron. Even when I go to the site and hit NBA after games they have the news feeds of games that have ended. Stuff like "Raptors rally to beat the Pacers" on the right.... but the Wizards are never there. You have to click the score to find the recap.

its not even that the a Wizards aren't great, or the eastern conference, or even star power because Charlotte and Detroit get more coverage. Hell the Bucks get more exposure. It's like the Wizards are San Antonio minus the contender status. What gives?

Edited by Destino

I think maybe it's just carryover from our longtime status as "Clippers of the East"? Unless you play in one of the super markets (like the Clippers) or have some MAJOR back story (see LeBron going to Miami), it normally takes the media a few years to catch up with reality. You'll notice something similar with the Nats.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Refs baling the Heat out with some calls. Beal gets whistled for less contact than Wall deals with every possession.

Wade gets so many bull**** calls by flailing into defenders and throwing the ball up. Wasn't a point of emphasis to not reward offensive players from jumping into defenders? Defenders have a right to go straight up and down.

Edited by Popeman38