Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I watched it on ESPN. I love Buck and Phil but I try and watch streams or broadcasts from other networks to see if their announcers are good. Aside from the one mistake about Wall missing 16 games his sophomore year, I thought ESPN's guys were pretty good. I thought that was funny. They forgot there was a lockout that season.

Actually Wall is on a nice streak of games played. Outside of the some mess his rookie season, the only time Wall has missed games was the stress fracture in his knee cap that caused him to miss the first 33 games of year 3. He played every game after he got back and he played every game in years 2 and 4.

I thought Hibbert didn't make a single FG last night? And didn't he have multiple games in our series against us last postseason where he didn't score a single point? I know he had the one game where they focused on getting him the ball and he blew up, but I thought he sucked the rest of the time?

Anyway, as someone mentioned last page, Toronto is the one we really need to show up against. They absolutely owned us last year.

Yes. Raptors and Bobcats are a major problem for us.

Just watched the replay. Gritty, gutty, grinding.  If you're gonna win 50+ games, you're gonna have to steal a few here and there.

And Hibbert's three was just hilarious.  Go Wiz!

There was a part of me that expected that 3 ball from Hibbert to fall simply because thats the kind of **** that usually happens to us.

Its a new day around these parts 

• Like 2

This team has a better chance for true success with Wall than it ever did with Gilbert.

Absolutely. That was a clown team. Gil, Swaggy P, Baltche, Pierre. And you can't WIN, REALLY win, with clowns. Then Jamison was supposed to be the veteran presence, team leader, but he never ****ing talked, never showed any emotion. Not sure what the hell he was leading. Like I've said before, looking back on it now, that squad was utter bull****, the epitome of false hope. We've just been irrelevant for so long, so deprived of a legit team, that we lied to ourselves, saw what we wanted see.

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/11/6/7168467/garrett-temple-replace-trevor-ariza

Meet Garrett Temple, the new Trevor Ariza

It is hard to find good 3-and-D guys in the NBA today. In a game where penetration and collapsing the defense is so important, you need shooters on the outside who don't serve as negative players on the other end. It was essential for Washington to fill that role with someone else.

So far this season, they found someone who fits the bill, but it's been an very surprising candidate.

Garrett Temple is shooting 52 percent from deep after shooting just 21 percent from three last season. Temple somehow has been Washington's go-to guy for three point shooting with Bradley Beal's absence.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

So what happens to Temples minutes when Webster and Beal are healthy?

His minutes will probably drop dramatically. Both Beal and Webster are more reliable outside shooters than him.

But Temple has really shown us something and his defense is better than any of our perimeter players probably. He can guard three positions and his three ball has been good and he runs the break well. He doesn't take a whole lot off the table. As of now, I'd probably play him as the second string SG when Beal gets back.

Temple is the perfect example of a glue guy that contending and championship teams are filled with

Yep. The Spurs dig guys like this up. It's all about having the system and foundation in place for role players to be successful.

John Wall makes it all work here. You need that foundation player with the creative ability to open up the offense. Without Wall, our whole system falls apart and Garret Temples and Trevor Arizas can't flourish. He's a true franchise player.

Absolutely. That was a clown team. Gil, Swaggy P, Baltche, Pierre. And you can't WIN, REALLY win, with clowns. Then Jamison was supposed to be the veteran presence, team leader, but he never ****ing talked, never showed any emotion. Not sure what the hell he was leading. Like I've said before, looking back on it now, that squad was utter bull****, the epitome of false hope. We've just been irrelevant for so long, so deprived of a legit team, that we lied to ourselves, saw what we wanted see.

It was a clown team. Apparently when you get John Wall and you swap JaVale, Blatche, and Nick Young with Nene, Gortat, and a 37 year old Paul Pierce, you go from top three pick to potential 1 seed.

Can anyone really believe that Ernie Grunfeld built a potential 1 seed. And Randy Wittman is coaching it?

It was a clown team.

Can anyone really believe that Ernie Grunfeld built a potential 1 seed. And Randy Wittman is coaching it?

Gil is one of the best we ever had here in dc. It's not his fault for the circus that Ernie put around him.

Also, I still believe that we would be a better team minus Wittman.