Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IndySTar:Sports Illustrated's omission upsets Freeney(Brian Orakpo related)

x96bryan10

King as usual is wrong again.. Dwight Freeney is the premier pass rusher in the league now and for years to come. He has more moves than James Brown out there at DE. Now if we are talking complete player at DE then Freeney is definitely not on that list. He cant stop a runny nose let alone a running back. But I agree with Freeney. "Who is Orakpo??? " I love the man and hope nothing but the best for him. But until he shows something a little more then he doesn't belong on that list in my opinion. He's got to increase is arsenal of moves to effectively get to the QB more frequent. It's going to take time because he doesn't have his hand in the dirt anymore. But hopefully this weekend he can make a statement to Freeney and show him why he belongs on that list. The Ram's left tackle hadn't given up a sack in two games.

Get this article to Rak pronto. In all seriousness, Freeney is probably the best speed rusher of this generation. The article is talking about in 5 years however, and in 5 years I would take Orakpo any day. The complete dismissal of his talent is really irritating, and I hope this gets passed around before the Colts game as some media fodder.

Freeney's only problem is that he mouthed this off to a reporter. If Freeney wants to read this, and get extra-motivated to prove King wrong, then more power to him. Talking about it to a media person just takes the pacifier outta his mouth, and maybe gives Rak some more ammo to drive himself harder.

To veer OT, but using even the smallest slight or disrespect as motivation... another thing Jordan was the king of.

Uh oh, those panties are riding up.

:ols:

I dunno' date=' Freeney has been a beast for years. He had like what 2 sacks and a forced fumble last sunday right? Hes still got it. And Peter King has no credibility as an analyst. So hes right there. again. This is not to knock Orakpo, but Freeney is better than him right now.[/quote']

Really? I think Rak is better then Freeney, especially physically and Rak is still young so now all he needs is the numbers to prove it! I bet he has a way better career then Freeney. I'd pick Rak over 'Freeney in his prime' any day.

Well I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, I bet there is a few people who would pick Freeney over Rak, but I just would rather have Rak he can stick his hand in the grass and rush and also stand up and be moved around and on top of just quickness Rak has brut strenghth and can power through tackles where as Freeney is primarly a hand in the grass speed rusher.

I remember in Sean Taylor's rookie year, the Skins played in San Fran, and only Skins fans knew anything about him. When he would make a tackle or a hit, we would yell out "Taaaaylor" or something of that sort, and the 49ers fans got sick of it and started saying "Who the hell is Sean Taylor?"

Freeney's outburst is something expected by a sports fan, but usually players careless about how journalists rank them.

I don't think Peter King said Orakpo has had the better career, but he is probably saying from this point forward, Orakpo is more feared. Just ask Dallas and Barren.....

Archived