Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IndySTar:Sports Illustrated's omission upsets Freeney(Brian Orakpo related)

x96bryan10

I've actaully been a little disappointed in Rak's play over the first two weeks. Not like the sky is falling or anything, but I had hoped for more....we'll see how the rest of the season goes....

If not for the 3 holds against dallas he would have had 3 sacks in that game. He had Romo sits to pee dead to rights on all 3 of those plays. Truthfully 3 holding calls is almost as good as a sack it just doesnt show up on the stats. He should have more tackles though, but with Rocky and Landry tackling like machines there not many to go around.

I've actaully been a little disappointed in Rak's play over the first two weeks. Not like the sky is falling or anything, but I had hoped for more....we'll see how the rest of the season goes....

well its hard to get to the QB when you are being held...

well its hard to get to the QB when you are being held...

I certainly understand what you are saying, but the same thing happens to all DE's in every game in the NFL. Yet some players still make it to the QB and others don't. Again, I'm not saying that he is playing bad, but I am saying that when I watch him, I've not felt like I'm watching an elite pass rusher...

Haha that is awesome. What a cry baby. He should just let his play speak for him. Its great to see that T. Williams went up against two of the top five rushers this year and did really well. GO TW!

I know I am really excited to have him.

Seems like so long ago, when all the ES draft experts were bashing the thought of him over Okung. How is it working out now?

Haha that is awesome. What a cry baby. He should just let his play speak for him. Its great to see that T. Williams went up against two of the top five rushers this year and did really well. GO TW!

Didn't Freeney talk **** about Trent too? Man, he's just giving us all sorts of locker room material

While I think Freeney is still a premier pass rusher I don't think there is a GM in football that would want Freeney over Orakpo going forward. Freeney's tackle numbers have gone down consistently since his rookie season. He had 10 tackles last year that weren't sacks. He's already a situation pass rusher, albeit a very good one. If Bruce Allen were to give Bill Polian a call right now and offer Orakpo straight up for Freeney, he would do a double take then look over his shoulder trying to find the Candid Camera personnel and then quickly says "Yes".

• 3 weeks later...
He sounds like a whiny little *****.

qft. I really hope Orakpo turns into a younger version of Freeney for the Skins. I know some of the older veterans in the league sometimes are ticked off against the younger guys because of the money they make or the sense of the entitlement, but give Orakpo some credit.

Archived