Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to play Keiland Williams?

COWBOY-KILLA-

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel like CP has done well in all aspects of the game. It seems to me when the hole is there he is hitting it and making yards. The issue is the holes just aren't there as often as we need. I do think Keiland should be his primary backup and frankly i think Larry should be cut to make room for more youth. Just my .02

williams just doesnt seem fast enough to be a legit back for us. he just kinda reminds me of CP now. probably decent up the middle but doesnt have edge speed.

we need to scour some practice squads and find a burner kid that can take the rock on stretch plays and pitches and get to the edge. theres gotta be a guy like that out there somewhere.

I'd like to see more Keiland and less Larry.

I think you will because I can easily see a scenario where LJ just plain gets cut. I think he's only there because of CP coming off a season ending concussion. I think if they get comfortable with that, and it seems they are since CP's been out there 90% of the time, that they'll just cut bait with LJ, move up Williams and maybe resign Torain (if he's still available).

Maybe if he had some holes to run thru. Sorry but the run blocking on this team is garbage and until we fix that no one, and i mean

no one will be productive in the run game. Let CP do his thing in the passing attack. I don't wonna see McNabb get killed on a blitz.

what i cant figure out is how our pass protection has been so solid yet our run blocking has been so poor. how can a group of guys be good at one skillset and just not good at all at the other? its really strange to me.

I suppose we should play Keiland more. I wish we could find someone else. Especially after watching other teams, the thing that stands out most to me about our backs, is that none of them EVER make that first tackler miss. An effective NFL running back must be able to break/avoid tackles. Our guys just don't do it.

what i cant figure out is how our pass protection has been so solid yet our run blocking has been so poor. how can a group of guys be good at one skillset and just not good at all at the other? its really strange to me.

yeah its usually the other way around. i believe the main problem is Casey, he just doen't have the ass to root guys out of the middle and it creates a logjam.

TBH I see alot of similarities between Arian Foster and Keiland Williams. Both were UDFA that had talent just did not seem to produce too much at the college level. They are similar size and have a very similar running style (one cut and go). I know it took Foster a year or so to get to where he is but I dont see the harm in giving Williams a shot here and there to see what he can do running the ball.

Archived