Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After Sleeping On It, I Feel Worse.

blue collar

All I can think of is that we could have had a division lead and a 2 game lead over the 0-2 Cowboys and with us playing the Rams and the Cowboys going to Houston, next week it could be a 3 game lead. I know it's just the second game, but in the NFL, every game is so important.

How could they blow a 17 point lead at home?

All I can think of is that we could have had a division lead and a 2 game lead over the 0-2 Cowboys and with us playing the Rams and the Cowboys going to Houston, next week it could be a 3 game lead. I know it's just the second game, but in the NFL, every game is so important.

Now that you mention sleep. I had an interesting dream last night. I had a dream where Redskins were playing the Steelers and the game was coming to a sad ending. We some how let them score. But to my amazement, Redskins came back scored and brought it into overtime. Now here is where it gets a little funny. Some how the OT was so intense that the game lasted all the way past the 7:00 hour and it kept going into OT, up until 10 o'clock at night. Some how the Skins manage to finally get close enough to nail a field goal and win the game. The game was all over the news and the whole league was talking about the longest OT in NFL history.

Yea, it was a bit sad to swallow, but we will bounce back on Sunday. Shanahan seems to be prepping the team to put on a good show. Thats the second game this season that has had everyones guts throbbing in their stomach. Everyone is hanging on the edge of their seats during the last quarter and then literally hanging over persons shoulder infront of you, because you want to catch every bit of OT. The game against St. Louis will probably be the same way.

guys, we still have the division lead. were 1-0 in the division and were 1-1.

this was an ugly one, but after sleeping on it im not that upset. although ill be more upset come december when we miss the playoffs by a game, look back at this one and say "if only that FG wasnt blocked, if only galloway hauled in that bomb, if only reed doughty could jump higher than 4 inches". but we went toe to toe with a good football team with a very good offense, and our offense looked outstanding, sans the run game. there is a lot of positives to take away from this game.

guys, we still have the division lead. were 1-0 in the division and were 1-1.

this was an ugly one, but after sleeping on it im not that upset. although ill be more upset come december when we miss the playoffs by a game, look back at this one and say "if only that FG wasnt blocked, if only galloway hauled in that bomb, if only reed doughty could jump higher than 4 inches". but we went toe to toe with a good football team with a very good offense, and our offense looked outstanding, sans the run game. there is a lot of positives to take away from this game.

Exactly how I feel, I feel overall pretty good about the game, but I have that same feeling that this may be one we point back to that costs us come late December. Right now, my biggest concern is the results of one very critical MRI this morning...

Lets not forget that after the Rams we go up against the Eagles in Philly. So expect for another adrenaline pumping game where every achievement and mistake is like a roller coaster ride. Who know's what pass will get intercepted and how many bombs McNabb will throw to Moss or Galloway. It will be one heck of a game to watch and probably leave the whole league talking about it, if Redskins pull off a win.

Eh, we're still ok. There's still 14 more games. Did anyone think we were gonna go 16-0 anyway? Yes it was a tough loss, but the Texans are a very good team. The defense will get better as the season goes along and I don't think anyone saw the offense putting up 400+ yards in only the 2nd game.

Same here. A lot of times I feel better the next day. Today I feel worse. Blowing a lead like that did nothing to getting rid of Norvitis. I will never feel comfortable watching a Skins game when they are in the lead. This sucks.

there were so many single plays that were difference makers. that all out blitz on the perfectly dialed up screen pass was a dagger and a half. the blocked FG. the icing of gano. letting andre johnson go up and get that pass. larry johnson running backwards and losing 10 yards.

but we scored 27 points with ease. and as shanahan said, we should have scored closer to 40. this offense is gonna be sick, and its gonna be even better if we can get a running game going.

Although it sucked to lose the way we did, wasn't it nice to have qb that could make plays and get the ball downfield! Mcnabb had a great game only wish he could have put it into the end zone more. For starting out with whole new offensive and defensive approach, there is definitely mixed reviews but I like the way that this team is headed. The 3-4 transition does take time, I know it's ugly now and skins will get the bugs cleaned out of it. HTTR!

We needed that win and gave it away. Next week should be a win, but there is the chance for a let down game on the road. Following that, Eagles away, Packers, Colts and Bears. Really rough schedule and I hope we do not look back at the end of the year and point to this one as the one that got away and kept us out of the playoffs.

there were so many single plays that were difference makers. that all out blitz on the perfectly dialed up screen pass was a dagger and a half. the blocked FG. the icing of gano. letting andre johnson go up and get that pass. larry johnson running backwards and losing 10 yards.

but we scored 27 points with ease. and as shanahan said, we should have scored closer to 40. this offense is gonna be sick, and its gonna be even better if we can get a running game going.

And then the ball that was just off of Galloways finger tips. There wasn't really one play that lost it for us. I still think we're in good shape. This team will get better as the season progresses. I don't think anyone here thought we'd see McNabb throw for 400+yds and we score 27 points. I don't think we scored 20 points in a game last year until Week 10.

See, I'm filled with a sense of real pride this morning rather than continued downbeat disappointment.

Yesterday was a WORLDS away from anything we endured last season. We've finally found a passing game again in Washington, lead on the field by the best pure QB to don the B&G since Sonny IMHO; and orchestrated off it by an O coordinator who has balls of steel in being willing to go DOWN field in ANY situation. Yes we ultimately blew a 17 point lead, but let's give the Texans some credit. They could well turn out to be this season's Saints. That O is THAT good. And we hung with them deep into OT. Strange to say when they passed for upwards of 500 yards on us, but I really like the attacking nature of Hassletts scheme. Lot's of pressure on the QB, resulting in harries and sacks. And for the second week in a row, we won the turnover battle; following on from last week and the D putting up points for the first time in like forever here.

Yes we lost. But we've hung with two far more talented teams, beating one and narrowly loosing to the other; and keeping two high powered offense's in check to an average tune of 18.5 points. Throw in an offensive giving us the kind of excitement not seen in DC since heck, Brad Johnson's time if not the last Lombardi; and I'm bursting with pride at what the new regime has accomplished in so little time, with so little to work with.

We have our Redskins back. A team we can believe in again to go out and compete with anyone on Sundays. A team lead by a HC who's doing this the right way, and instilling character and pride into those under him. (Loved the way Lamesworth wasn't activated yesterday. Yes, we may be protecting our trade worth; but it still adds to the "if you don't practice, you DON'T play" message.). And boy is he entertaing us. We have our Redskins back.

And it feels GREAT!

Hail.

I agree with everything "Gibbs Hog Heaven" just said. However, we have to capitalize on our opportunities. Leaving points on the field will haunt us the entire season. Stupid mistakes are costly and giving up a 17 point lead is inexcusable. Regardless, I'm still bursting at the seems with pride. Living in Houston and still wearing a Skins polo at work today, HTTR!

I'm not going to feel good about this team until they wise up and switch back to the 4-3 defense.....Shanny needs to stop being arrogant and realize we don't have the personnel right now to run the 3-4.......Shanny has had awful defenses in Denver and now he's bringing that here.

You don't abolish a system because you don't have the ideal personnel for it. I think the idea is that Shanny plans on being here a couple years, and wants to get some of our long term talent adjusted to playing in this sort of system.

I feel great. Before the season started, I was expecting a 6-10 building season with a bunch of unenjoyable games. After 2 weeks, people are already looking at us as playoff contenders, and we have played hard in two of the best games of the season. I'm excited to see where we can take this.

Consider this:

The team played better against the Texans than one of the best teams in the league(colts), which went on to dismantle one of our division rivals this week.

AND

We did something that no one thought we could do, which was be competitive in a shootout with one of the best(if not THE best) offenses in the league.

Me too. I was almost totally fine with the loss by the time I went to sleep last night. But I woke up this morning feeling disgusted that we let that one slip away. If it had just been a back and forth game I don't think I'd feel this way. But blowing a 27-10 lead kind of leaves a bad taste. Oh well, we win the next 2 this will be a distant memory. And thank you lord that T. Williams is OK.

Everyone forgets the Texans had the #1 passing offense last year. It may have been different having Moore back there, because Reed is a SS. But we were competative. Sucks blowing the 17 point lead because the ghosts of Norv and the blocked kick brought back the ghosts of Zorn, but I know Shanny will have them ready to beat the Rams. I say we beat them 28-13. I've forgotten about the loss already.

I'm encouraged by the way the Redskins played. The offense is vastly improved from the days of I just got benched by the Raiders Jason Candle. They can move the ball and score points. The only thing that is lacking is the run game but I think that too will come along as the offensive line gels. The defense could use some help but that too is a work in progress. The redskins scored 27 points against a damn good team today. Sure they screwed up in a few places but they should have won the game.

I think they will be 3-1 going into a home game against the Packers. That's not bad considering where most of us thought they'd be to this point.

I trust the coaching staff will work on Special Teams and address the defensive issues too.

I was pissed when I watched that ball go through the uprights. And I was pissed as I took that long ass walk down the concourse, though the parking lot, though the woods, and then the 2 1/2 hour ride home. I was pissed this morning when I saw the highlights on Sportscenter, and i'm still kinda pissed about it right now. But just maybe we needed to lose this game the way that we did. We blew a huge lead. We packed it in before the final whistle, and we lost the game because of it. Maybe, just maybe, this game will become our "Alamo" this year, and if we find ourselves in this same situation, next week, or next month, we'll have this game to reflect back on and say to ourselves "Remember the Alamo", and hopefully the next time we will keep our foot on our opponents throat until the final whistle blows.

Hail!

I was pissed when I watched that ball go through the uprights. And I was pissed as I took that long ass walk down the concourse, though the parking lot, though the woods, and then the 2 1/2 hour ride home. I was pissed this morning when I saw the highlights on Sportscenter, and i'm still kinda pissed about it right now. But just maybe we needed to lose this game the way that we did. We blew a huge lead. We packed it in before the final whistle, and we lost the game because of it. Maybe, just maybe, this game will become our "Alamo" this year, and if we find ourselves in this same situation, next week, or next month, we'll have this game to reflect back on and say to ourselves "Remember the Alamo", and hopefully the next time we will keep our foot on our opponents throat until the final whistle blows.

Hail!

Or make either of those missed Field Goals and we would all be happy today. I love your post and hope your right but I see serious issues on special teams for two straight games and Alamo or not if you can't kick the ball you can't win close games

Archived